Default CTI Favorite Premier Ocean Room/Bldg 2 vs Bldg 3

Gearing up for our first Couples experience at CTI in September for our 20th Anniversary
    I've checked previous posts, but most seem to cover the differences between the various ocean view room categories and I am looking for more specific info on Premier Ocean rooms. I know we'll be happy no matter what room we're in, but I am still curious:

1) Do you have a favorite Premier Ocean room?
    2) What are your opinions on being in Bldg 2 vs Bldg 3?
    3) On what floors are the Premier rooms in each building?

I also know you cannot request anything specific until you arrive for check-in, but I'm pretty sure at the very least we'd like to be on an upper floor and I thought maybe we'd request a specific building if there was a strong consensus one way or the other.

Thanks so much to everyone who participates on this message board -- especially to all of the repeaters who are generous enough to share all of their Couples knowledge & wisdom with us newbies (many times answering the same questions over & over again!) -- it really is an invaluable resource.

Laura (66 days to go!)

I would love to hear the responses. We almost never upgrade our room but chose to do so for the special occassion to a premier ocean as well. We arrive pretty early so figure we might get lucky having a request. My gut was main building floor three but only have past experiencess with the garden.
    Eric & Rachael, New Braunfels TX
    CTI 2010
    CN/CTI 2011
    CTI 2012
    CTI 2013 (Gotta Love Early Booking Specials)

Quote Originally Posted by lenfest@cti912 View Post
    Gearing up for our first Couples experience at CTI in September for our 20th Anniversary
    I've checked previous posts, but most seem to cover the differences between the various ocean view room categories and I am looking for more specific info on Premier Ocean rooms. I know we'll be happy no matter what room we're in, but I am still curious:

1) Do you have a favorite Premier Ocean room?Me: Building 3, Him: Building 2
    2) What are your opinions on being in Bldg 2 vs Bldg 3?Building 2, above the main pool and if you are in one of the first rooms on he first floor of rooms, you will be over the giant almond tree and next to the martini bar (no there's no access). You still have views of the ocean. The lobby is on the first floor of building 3. This last trip, we were next to the stairwell, but we did not have any noise issues. The views are amazing as you are right over the beach. In building 2, the rooms and bathroom are large. The closet is pretty standard, but still more than enough room and room to store luggage. In Building 3, the rooms are slightly smaller and the bathrooms are smaller. In our most recent room, the closet was smaller, but still large enough. If they had a bigger opening, more like in Building 2 with folding doors, it would be easier to access. The balcony in building 2 is large. In Building 3, our balcony was smaller, but again large enough. Last year, the first room we had in Building 3 had a larger walk-in closet and a larger balcony. Unfortunately, it was right off the lobby and it was noisy at night. I did notice this year, that they close the doors from the lobby into the room hallway and put up signs to "Respect the Quiet Zone".
    3) On what floors are the Premier rooms in each building? They are on all floors of building 3 (4th floor may be all suites), and 2 & 3 of building 2 (first floor is gym, game rooms, photo shop, grill and entertainment office.

I also know you cannot request anything specific until you arrive for check-in, but I'm pretty sure at the very least we'd like to be on an upper floor and I thought maybe we'd request a specific building if there was a strong consensus one way or the other. When we checked in, I requested to not be on the first floor and we weren't.

Thanks so much to everyone who participates on this message board -- especially to all of the repeaters who are generous enough to share all of their Couples knowledge & wisdom with us newbies (many times answering the same questions over & over again!) -- it really is an invaluable resource.

Laura (66 days to go!)
    If you go to the Couples Facebook page, I recently posted my photos from our recent trip with photos of the room.

Go enjoy and relax!
    Vicky

Default Superior suite

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith2078 View Post
    I would love to hear the responses. We almost never upgrade our room but chose to do so for the special occassion to a premier ocean as well. We arrive pretty early so figure we might get lucky having a request. My gut was main building floor three but only have past experiencess with the garden.
    My wife and I have booked in both buildings, both have great views but the suites that are located over the main pool seem to be larger, I do not remember a elevator in the wing (if that is important to you) the views are amazing and pleanty of room to have 8-10 guest for cocktails (the room did come with a full bar).

Remember you in Jamacia every thing is IRIE

We've been in a premier room in the main building when we were married at CTI almost 6 years ago, and had a premier room in the building by the old pool last October. The only difference was a little different view, but both have great views. The walking distance is pretty equal for both locations, since everything is compact. I think you'll be happy regardless of where they put you.

There is no elevator in Building 2 or Building 1 for that matter.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    If you go to the Couples Facebook page, I recently posted my photos from our recent trip with photos of the room.
    Vickyj: Thanks so much for the detailed info! How exactly do I find your photos on the Couples Facebook page? (I wasn't a big FB user to begin with, and I use it even less since they started the new "timeline" format -- it all seems such a jumbled mess to me!)

Thanks!
    Laura

We enjoyed 3rd floor main bldg. Easy access to everything!! 3314(us) & 3310(friends) had great views of the ocean and the island with quick access to the elevator.
    Eric & Rachael, New Braunfels TX
    CTI 2010
    CN/CTI 2011
    CTI 2012
    CTI 2013 (Gotta Love Early Booking Specials)