Thread: Golf @ CSS

Default Golf @ CSS

Has anyone played golf lately while at CSS? I did a search for it but it was all very dated so just wondering how & where the course is now. We are arriving next week and its on hubs to do list!

Haven't played there in a few years, but will be in December, so will be interested in how you like it. The course, as far as i know, is owned by Sandals, and is or was the Upton Golf Course. It isn't too far from CSS, maybe 5 to 10 minutes up the mountain, and the views are very nice. I played there a number of years ago before Sandals bought it and while it was a nice course, it was in need of a little updating. Sandals did that, and I have heard they really improved it. I am looking forward to going back. It is nice in that it is a short ride from the resort. The last time we were at CSS, they had an agreement with a course about 45 minutes to an hour away. That course was much flatter. I'm sure you will enjoy, anytime you can golf in Jamaica is great. Get up. golf early, it will be humid, and then be back at the beach or pool for a late lunch.

Todd from MN

Anyone know the cost of a mandatory caddy abd club rental?

This is from the Couples web site.

UPTON GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB

Please be aware that in Jamaica caddies are mandatory and tipping is customary.

For guests of Couples Tower Isle and Couples Sans Souci, the Upton Golf & Country Club is a golfer’s dream come true. Built in 1951 as a 9 hole course by PK Saunders, the 18-hole par-71 course stretches out over rolling hills of Bermuda grass with striking views of the aqua blue Caribbean and the lush mountain landscape. All of the greens have been recently resurfaced with Tifdwarf Bermuda grass.

Precision is the name of the game on this course. Even without major forced carries and few fairway bunkers, ten holes are flanked by out-of-bounds stakes making each shot a thrilling exercise of skill. Narrow fairways and small drop-off greens add a further level of challenge.

Guests may rent Yamaha golf carts, Adidas golf shoes and Taylor Made RBZ golf clubs at the club’s pro shop.

The course rating and slope is as follows:

Blue tees 70.90 rating and 128 slope at 6,404 yards
    White tees 69.90 rating and 125 slope at 6,054 yards
    Red tees 69.30 rating and 120 slope at 4,961 yards

RENTAL & CADDY FEES

$18 per caddy for 18 holes walking; $12.00 per caddy for 9 holes walking
    $25.00 per caddy for 18 holes on shared cart; $17.00 per caddy for 9 holes on shared cart
    Yamaha Carts: $40.00 per cart for 18 holes; $25.00 for 9 holes
    Taylor Made Clubs: $45.00 for 18 holes or $30.00 for 9 holes for ladies and gents, left and right-handed clubs
    Adidas Shoes: $16.00, including socks

Please note that the Upton Golf & Country Club only accepts credit/debit cards for payment