Default Can someone explain all the CN Excursions??? Repeaters Please Help Me!!

I'm confused by the excursions? Is there a difference between the local bar trip and the sunset bar trip, and are both offered? What do you do on the Catamaran cruise? What do you do on the glass bottom boat tour? Is the Margaritaville trip fun? We love to snorkel, when is the best day and time to go?

Now that I'm done with all the questions...Some more questions lol. I have read on here that if you go snorkeling then the glass bottom boat tour is obsolete, any thoughts? I have also heard that there is a night snorkel?

Also I have heard some people talk about the Sunset cruise...is that the Catamaran cruise?

Is Rick's Cafe worth seeing? What is the best way to get there?

[QUOTE=ngwh2009;184775]I'm confused by the excursions? Is there a difference between the local bar trip and the sunset bar trip, and are both offered? What do you do on the Catamaran cruise? What do you do on the glass bottom boat tour? Is the Margaritaville trip fun? We love to snorkel, when is the best day and time to go?

Not sure about the bar trips into Negril, but the Sunset catamaran trip is a blast. Its about 3-4 hrs cruise to Negril, with red stripe and rum punch and a dive into the caves and watch the cliff divers. The return is time to enter Bloody Bay just before the sunset to watch the most amazing sunsets you will see. The trip is comfortable and worth the time, so if your interested, book at the water sports shack when you get there, fills up quickly.

Now that I'm done with all the questions...Some more questions lol. I have read on here that if you go snorkeling then the glass bottom boat tour is obsolete, any thoughts? I have also heard that there is a night snorkel?

Yes the glass bottom boat ride and snorkelling are similar, but with the glass bottom boat, you get info on what you might see along with stories on what you will see on the ride. Its a short tour, maybe an hour or so but from our experience doing both the tour and snorkelling, take the snorkel trip, you will see much more underwater. Bring a few rolls to feed the fish, they will eat right from your hand. If I recall there are a few snorkelling trips a day and there are a few different locations they will take you too. We did the night snorkel and its $35 per person and we walked away thinking that it was worth the money. The guides are in the water with you the entire time. They are pointing out all that you might see underwater; puffer fish, rays, lobster, etc.
    Without a doubt, worth the money, an amazing experience.

Also I have heard some people talk about the Sunset cruise...is that the Catamaran cruise?

I think these are the same, just different names is all.

Is Rick's Cafe worth seeing? What is the best way to get there?

We didnt go to Ricks, but some love and others dont. A personal decision but read up on it to get other reviews of Ricks, the opinions vary. Overall, a trip you cant let go of because you will have a Coupultimate vacation.

Enjoy your trip!!

The Sunset Bar Shuttle goes to Pushcart, an outdoor bar/restaurant at the Rockhouse on top of the West End cliffs in the town of Negril. It leaves around 5p, and comes back around 7:30p or so. Best sunset ever!

The Catamaran Cruise, or Cat Cruise, or Sunset Cruise, is a booze cruise that leaves from the beach at CN, cruises down Long Bay, passing a lot of the Negril resorts, goes along the West End cliffs, and stops at Pirate's Cave, which is directly below Pushcart. The boat has a waterslide, music, and unlimited beer and rum punch. Most people get in the water there, and you can swim into the caves, inside of which, you can actually stand in the water, because it is very shallow.

The glass bottom boat is just a wooden boat that has a viewing window in the middle. It goes to a shallow reef, so you can look at th reef without getting in.

The snorkel trip goes out a couple times a day, and I believe it is actually on the glass bottom boat. We are divers, so we don't do these excursions. The night snorkel trip is a separate trip and carries a charge, around $35. At night,you see all of the critters that are hiding during the day out swimming around. Lobster, eel, crab, octopus, etc. It takes place right at dusk, as the sun is setting.

The Margaritaville trip is just a ride to Margaritaville. You can also walk there if you do a Trading Places day to CSA.

Some people like Rick's Cafe. My take is that there are much better ways to spend your time in Jamaica. The best way to get there is by cab.

I can help with some of your questions. The catamaran cruise is included (free) and takes you for a sail around the coastline. Then you stop near some caves, which you can swim to if you wish. If I remember correctly, they have noodles if you're not a strong swimmer. The rum punch is free flowing and it's more of a party atmosphere on the way back - it's basically a booze cruise.

I've only gone snorkeling, never done the glass bottom boat, but if you go snorkeling they take you out on the glass bottom boat so it's basically the same thing. I've heard it's better to snorkel earlier in the day because water clarity is better (plus, more likely to rain later in the day).

The best time to go snorkeling is in the morning because it usually rains in the afternoon . I also liked the glass bottom boat ride because you hear a lot about all the other resorts and it is informative. Also take a kayak and go around the bay. You can see a lot of fish as the water is beautiful! Catamaran trip takes you to the cliffs and you jump off the boat and swim in caves. There is also a water slide. FUN!

Thank you everyone, that helped a lot!!! 32 DAYS!!!!!!!

We did not like the night snorkeling. Too many people and we were kicking each other in the face also if you are prone to motion sickness (even if you don't get sea sick) the night snorkeling can effect you. I got really sick and couldn't wait to get back on the boat.
    Snorkeling in the day was fine. Also it does rain in the afternoon but that doesn't mean the other snorkeling trips will get canceled. To get a spot on the morning trip you have to be waiting at the sports hut before 8 am, because so many people are afraid they won't get to go otherwise. I say if it rains show up anyways you could probably go out after the rain if they know you are still interested or get you on another trip. And those trips are less crowded.
    The Catamaran cruise takes you swimming in caves and has a sliding board into the water. Then it cruises the coast line while encouraging passengers to get a little wild and party. There's alcohol and music but if that's not your thing you can just chill and enjoy the scenery. The people in the back were the more partiers and the people upfront sitting on the netting were the ones chillin. Catamaran was worth doing and its included in the price so why not?
    You sign up for the snorkeling at the sports hut on the beach and the catamaran sign up is at the concierge desk where you make your dinner reservations (across from the check in desk).