Thread: SR deal

Hybrid View

Default SR deal

My boyfriend and I will be going late August, and are considering doing the SR deal that they have, and I've done some research and it seems 99% of the time it's to CTI.. Has anyone else been sent to another resort? If not, how was your experience with CTI?

My wife and I have been to CTI 6 times with another planed next year. We have also been to each of the other couple's properties; CTI is by far our favorite. CTI has a beautiful private beach and private island. The extremely beautiful views of the ocean all day and night are unforgetable and completly tropical because of the added view of the island which is unbelievable and completely CTI. They offer great included excursions such as Dunns River falls. Ochio Rios has some of the most fun dives in Jamaica and snorkeling. CTI has unique atmospheres at bayside, piano bar, and eight-rivers. Also for some reason the jerk at CTI is better, they must use a different method or recipe then the other properties. The property has beautiful gardens and a great spa. It is a small resort and allows for a very romantic and personable experience.

You should be lucky to get CTI, perhaps which is why they use CTI so much for the secret rendezvous deals. Couples wants to give guests the best when they can.
    Mark & Sylvia

CTI is usually the resort with the SR. However you may also get CSS, CN/CSA are rarely booked with the SR but it does happen.

We went to CTI last year on a Wednesday special and fell in love with it! The colors, style and the wonderful staff really make for a fantastic and relaxing vacation. You will not be disappointed no matter where you are placed. All Couples offer wonderful amenities, fine dining options and excellent staff!

We got CSS 3 years ago and despite lousy weather, we had fun. It's a gorgeous resort and the food and service was outstanding. I haven't tried Tower Isle but they all rock so I have no doubts you will have an awesome time wherever you end up.

I would suggest against SR only for one reason, lack of repeater rewards. Trust me, you will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Partyoftwo View Post
    I would suggest against SR only for one reason, lack of repeater rewards. Trust me, you will be back.
    I beg to differ. We went to CTI in November of 2010 through the SR Program and received ALL of our repeaters perks.

Yes, as stated, CTI is the resort that the SR sends most people to. We had a great vacation there, but Negril is where our heart is. We have stayed at CTI, CN and CSA and visited CSS through "Trading Places". All of the resorts are consistent to each other in terms of food, drinks and service. However, each resort has it's own "feel" or "vibe" that appeals to different people. You really can't go wrong with any of them, but everyone will have their own "favorite". Personally, CSA is ours.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Partyoftwo - I was under the impression, you were still eligible for all the romance reward perks. Are there other repeater rewards you are refering to?

We did SR on our first trip to Couples simply because we couldn't decide which we wanted to visit. We ended up at CTI (or COR as it was then). Since then, we've worked our way around all of the resorts returning to CTI last year.

You won't be disappointed, each resort has their own flavor and just like ice cream, everyone has their own favorite, but they all have the same high Couples standards. SR is a great way to experience this and save money.

When we did the SR and ended up at CSS, we did get invited to the repeaters dinner but honestly can't remember if we got other perks.

Further investigation shows they have changed their policy regarding SR and RRs. Enjoy! Based on what my multiple levels of research has shown is that all the couples resorts are amazing. If you don't have your eyes set on one in particular, SR is a great way to let the vacation gods (or couples...) decide. Have a great vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by Partyoftwo View Post
    Further investigation shows they have changed their policy regarding SR and RRs.
    Partyoftwo, could you please elaborate? What changes did your "investigation uncover? Are the CURRENTLY providing the RR perks to SR guests? My experience was from 2010 (somewhat dated).

Even better...Randymon...could you clarify?
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; July 25th, 2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: adding Randymon request to respond
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

It's my understand that you just don't earn additional RR points for the nights of your SR stay. If you are a repeater and have already reached a certain level, you will still receive the perks you are entitled to.

You get credit for all nights stayed except comps or industry discounts (travel agent rate). SR along with any other standard deal offered by Couples qualifies as nights stayed. (See below) Couples's policy:

U][/U]Nights Stayed are cumulative. No benefits are earned on complimentary stays or Industry Discounted Rates. Nights expire 4 years after they are earned. One Romance Rewards account per couple. To receive credit for your stay, provide your Romance Rewards number to the Front Desk prior to check-out. Your account will credited 30 days after check-out. Duplicate registrations will be cancelled. It is guest responsibility to verify accuracy of their account. You have up to 12 months from the travel date to contact us and request an update. If the nights' balance on your account is incorrect please contact us.[/U]
    Mark & Sylvia

Randy did say in another post that you were not entitled to repeater perks, but he did not state exactly what that means. Randymon, please address this issue, if the rules have changes, so people know exactly what to expect. Do your nights count?, Do you get your romance rewards credits at the level you are at when you arrive?

I am a little bummed because my husband talked me into the SR for our trip in early August and CTI is my least fav of the three resorts that we have been to (CN, CTI, and CSS). Can you request to not go a specific resort?

I am a little bummed because my husband and I signed up for the SR for our trip in August and CTI is our least favorite of the resorts (CN, CTI, and CSS). Is there any way to request that we don't go to CTI?

shawna, no. otherwise everyone would do sr, with their "requests".
    good luck and have fun and let us know what resort you do get!