Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Randymon...just a suggestion

Some day beds like you see at many upscale resorts these days strewn along the beaches and around the property would add a higher level of elegance and romanticism to the property.

As the chief romance officer how about carrying the suggestion forward for all us romantics!!!!!!

I wish this board had a like button!!!! Great suggestion

There are already beds on the property, they're in your room. Why block the view of the water and plants? I could see them around a pool, if there was such a location, but on the beach? Why try to improve on something that is already perfect?

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed in the past and they don't see it that way.

I love them too! Only problem is people getting up so early to reserve the few that are usually available!

with canopy of course....something along these lines would be sweet!!Name:  leonardo-1127223-Day_Bed_Beach_P-image.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  41.9 KB

What ya think folks?

Hitting the 'Like" button on this one. However, how many beds would be needed? and are they difficult to keep clean? would we have to pay, or reserve these?

Sorry but I'd vote no on that one... just something else for the early am palapa hoarders to "reserve" so nobody else could use it... just my opinion plus I like to see open beach and ocean... don't want a bunch of things cluttering it up

Quote Originally Posted by cpanddp View Post
    Some day beds like you see at many upscale resorts these days strewn along the beaches and around the property would add a higher level of elegance and romanticism to the property.

As the chief romance officer how about carrying the suggestion forward for all us romantics!!!!!!
    No. Don't do it. Those clutter up the beach and take away from the beauty of the beach. They are an eyesore!

Some hammocks throughout CTI mainland would also be nice.

Morning all!
    I understand the interest in these day beds, but, personally, I think the beach at CSS is too short for these large day beds. Possibly a few in select areas around CSS, but they definitely block the views for others at the beach and they take up a great deal of space. In addition, oftentimes vacationers use the day bed and then take 2 additional chairs to lounge in the sun in front of the daybed, to stake claim to more sun - which takes up even more space. This happened to us at the EDSS and the EDRoyale on the Mayan Riviera.

Please don't. I don't need that monstrosity sitting at the water's edge.

Quote Originally Posted by cpanddp View Post

I'm sorry, but this looks tacky, in my opinion - beds strewn around the beach. I realize one of their competitors does this and heavily features it in their ads, but we think clutters up the beautiful beach.

I disagree. I think it would be like the palapas with the early rush to save them thereby annoying everyone else. I dislike the ones at nearby resorts. I like that Couples doesn't have umbrellas on the beach blocking the view for others and day beds would be the same.

Have to say where I have seen them at other resorts you have to either be in butler service which couples doesn't offer or pay for the use of the beds for the day. Seeing the problems that seem to occur with the palapalas I can't imagine what the day beds would bring.

Wow! That looks really tacky and I can honestly say there is no way in hell I would ever use a bed on a beach.

OMG, please no. Don't do that. What an eyesore. We come to enjoy the beach and view. If you want to stay in a bed do it in your room. Book a beach front room if you want a bed close to the beach.

A big no vote from me.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineChick View Post
    I'm sorry, but this looks tacky, in my opinion - beds strewn around the beach. I realize one of their competitors does this and heavily features it in their ads, but we think clutters up the beautiful beach.

I'm sure management wouldn't go for this even if the cost was zero. It's just a bad idea. Keep the beach natural!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I hate to be a downer... but I don't think the reality of the day beds matches the idea or "fantasy" of the daybeds. In the pictures they look just awesome. Clean and crisp and extremely elegant, sitting out all by themselves in the sand.

Just to the north of CSA there is one resort that has them. I walk past them several times every trip. Early in the mornings (and I do mean early) they are just like the pictures. By 10 am your personal private island is surrounded by loungers and there is already a buckets worth of sand on the sheets. By noon your first drink has been spilled and combined with your sunscreen, it becomes the glue that keeps all the sand and the sheets stuck to you. By 2PM, more spilled drinks, spilled food and sand have turned your daybed paradise, as well as your towell, skin, and swimsuit into a a sticky, sandy, and smelly mess. You'll abandon it all and go elsewhere.

Well... I guess. That is sure what the experience looks like from the beach, when I walk past that other resort. I know one thing though, I' would never waste my money getting one if there was a fee. The reality of using the daybed does not even come close to the idea of having a day bed.

If they were free.... Well that would just make the low-level internecine warfare we call "Palapa Hoarding" look like the jolly good old days.

Gross, beds are in your bedroom. No beds on the beach.

Nope. I don't like this idea either. The Couples beaches in OR are too small to support these. As for Negril, please do not take away from the natural beauty of the beach or block the views from the Beachfront rooms with these monsters.

Was in MX earlier this year at a resort that had these. The thought to use one never crossed my mind. I find them kinda gross.

NOOOOOOoooooooo........

At other resorts I visit that have these they are often hotly contested and people try to get up earlier and earlier to claim one to use all day. There can never be enough of them and they do block the view of the beach for others depending upon their locations.

For me, I would far rather have Couples spend their money in a way that ensures that every guest can find a clean, comfortable beach lounge chair with a nice clean float on it for their use. Something they can be enough of for all the paying guests every day.

I'm another vote for NO daybeds. They may look all flashy in a magazine but in reality they take up too much space, block the views, and are just another thing for people to fight over. If you want to nap, do it in your beach chair with floatie on top. If that's not comfy enough, go back to your room. Beds not a good idea on a nude beach either, IMHO!!! Just asking for trouble :O Besides that, the whole idea of fabric and cushion on a beach with sand, salt water, humidity, people's sweat and suntan lotion is just gross to me. Think of the maintenance to keep it sanitary and the mould away. Hammocks in the trees are a much better idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast