We arrived at MBJ airport on 7/15 at about 12:30. Decided before we left to go "carry on" only this trip. This is the way to go and will be doing this from now on. Fifteen minutes from the time we stepped off the plane we were sitting in the Couples lounge. Had about a 10-15 minute wait before we were on our way. Had the same driver as last year taking us to the resort. Ride was uneventful, took about 1 hr 20 min. with no stops except to let one couple off at CN.

We did the Pre Checkin online about 5 days before leaving but when we got there the computers were down so we were told to go have lunch and when we come back hopefully it would be back up. We had booked an Atrium room and wanted to see if they had something towards the center of the property as we didn't want to be to close to The Palms because of the foot traffic and nightly entertainment. they said we could see what was available once the system was back up and running. Went to the Cabana Grill and had a snapper sandwich and a rum punch from the swimup bar then headed back to the lobby. When we got back they had already assigned us a room and gave us our shirts. We were a little disappointed that we didn't get to see what was available but after looking at the map saw it was in a building on the row next to the beach we thought "ok, not so bad".

Now, I want others to know this that have never been or thinking about booking an Atrium Room, NOT ALL Atriums have the large porch and hammock that they describe and show in the pictures as we found out. What we got was a room that is on the back side of the Beachfront Suites. Very small porch, the roof overhang extends only about three feet so when it rains you can't sit out there without getting wet unless you are standing up next to the building. Needless to say we were disappointed. We could have requested another room but decided to stay because of the proximity to the beach. Never could figure out why this was called an Atrium Room because there is no atrium. Had to call front desk about drinks that were suppose to be in room from filling out pre-checkin. Took awhile to get them. Wasn't a problem and would have filled out card for next day but there wasn't even any of the cards in the room. One of the negatives also is that the entrnce/exit path to the room spits you out right where all the vendors set up so you can get bombarded everytime you come and go from your room. I know it sounds like I'm making a big deal about this but things do turn around here as you'll see.

We walked around and got reaquainted with some of the people we met last year. Did most of the activities we wanted to do in the first three days and sat around taking it easy for the last three. The one snorkle trip was out to the "Cuba" site. Wasn't as good as the other two places they took us last year. Were told to stay away from the reef so there wasn't really any fish to be seen in the open area we had to stay in. Catamaran cruise was fun. Happened to be the only day it didn't rain most of the afternoon while we were there. Not complaining about the rain. I know what to expect and it didn't stop us from enjoying anything. Just saying that was the only dry day. We went on the One Love Bus Bar Crawl on Wednesday. Lot of fun and very interesting as we had never been into town. Lembert took us to 8-9 bars ending with Belladonnas were we got some fabulous pizza.

Food was good. We ate at all the resturants. Not real impressed with The Palms except the breakfast buffet was not bad. Pretty standard, anything you want is there. Patois was always good no matter what meal. Banana stuffed french toast was better this year. Wasn't impressed last year and couldn't understand why everyone raved about it. Chicken Pad Thai at Lemongrass was good. Wasn't impressed with Feathers last year either but decided to give it a second chance. Servive and food was much better this year. May have been a bad night last time around. We did make a much earlier reservation this time so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. The food at the Repeaters Dinner was very good as to be expected but we thought the presentation as a whole was MUCH better at CSS. CSA should take notice of how it should be done from CSS.

The biggest suprise for us came on Friday morning when we ran into a couple from the UK that we meet at the Repeaters Dinner at CSS last year. We had dinner together that night at the Beach Party and did some catching up. Found out they had the same "ATRIUM ROOM" in the building right next to us. They were thinking of going to Thiland this year but because of it being the rainy season decided to come back to Jamaica. They normally go to CSS but thought they may try something different this year. Unfortunately we weren't able to spend much time together since they came in on Wednesday didn't find eachother until Friday and we were leaving out on Sunday. I think it is a VERY strange coincidence how four people who live in two different countries so far apart, have no contact with eachother, could meet up in again in a third completely different country at the same time of year at a resort that at least one of the couples never has been or goes to. Can you say "Destiny"? We now have thier email addresses and plan to stay in touch. Hopefully we will hook up again in the future at one of the resorts. We have made some good friends that we wouldn't have ever know thanks to Couples. We were never having a bad time in anyway. A few glitches are to be expected but this event REALLY made us happy.

No issues with our trip back home other than we didn't want to leave. Also learned that we could have used the Kiosk at the airport to checkin instead of waiting through the long line since we only had carry on luggage. Actually was ok though since it burned up some time. Once we got to the gate we only had to wait about 30 minutes before plane started loading.

All in all we had a wonderful time. We were treated very well. It was good to see people we had meet the year before. Guests and staff. Sorry I didn't get to meet a few people I was messaging back and forth with on the meetup board before the trip. Hope they had a good time also. Have next year booked at CSA already and may be adding on some time at CSS before it gets here.