Default FYI: Feathers @ CSA no longer requires closed-toed shoes

We dined there last night (btw...Lionfish is Incredible!) and they have relaxed the policy on shoes. Men are allowed to wear sandals (not flip-flops) but they don't have to be closed-toed. Still requires long pants for men.

You can get away with wearing jeans also. I don't wear slacks and I've worn my Black Wrangler jeans with boots twice at Feathers and once at Cassanovas and had no problems. Shirt overhangs waistband and covers rivits. Just make sure they are new and the SOLID black type and not the washed, faded type. Wouldn't attempt BLUE jeans.

CSA Aug. 2011, July 2012, July 2013, July 2014
    CSS Aug. 2011, Aug. 2014

Could you point this out in writing? It's one thing to get in wearing sandals, it's another for it to actually be the policy.

Did they tell you that or did they just not say anything to him? I'm hoping its actually on the website somewhere.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Don't know what I think about this just yet. :-/

While dining there one night last week I saw a man wearing cargo shorts, and another man came through the door with flip-flops. I thought for sure neither would be allowed to stay, but they were not turned away.

I need to see this changed in the dress code policy before we come with sandals only, to find out it isn't so

I have never understood why people make such a big deal about putting on shoes for dinner.

Why is everyone so against dressing up alittle bit to eat in a nice resturant? After being in our swim suits all day I thinks its nice to get cleaned up a bit for a romanic dinner. Its not like they are asking you to put on a suit and tie.

Speak up Ranymon! Has the dress code policy changed for Feathers or not? My husband would LOVE to know! He hates to wear shoes when in Jamaica!!! LOL!

I am guessing this was an anomaly as the policy on the web site still states that closed toe shoes (no sandals or sneakers) are required. Also jeans are still on the no-no list. The occurence of someone being admitted in violation of the dress code is not uncommon. Not usual, but it does happen from time to time. I was more surprised to read that someone had been admitted with shorts. I find that to be too far astray of the policy and would have prefered to see those folks turned away. But that's just me. Hey, I bothered to read the rules and follow them, I expect the same from my fellow guests.

Quote Originally Posted by lsufan2000 View Post
    While dining there one night last week I saw a man wearing cargo shorts, and another man came through the door with flip-flops. I thought for sure neither would be allowed to stay, but they were not turned away.
    That is disappointing and I hope an anomaly rather than a general relaxation of the rules.

This was told to us on both the tour & by the hostess at Feathers. My DH wore closed-toed shoes but it was NOT on the sign and therefore I asked. My husband's pants went to Feathers 3 nights...we ended up loaning them out to unprepared new friends

Personally, I feel that a restaurant of Feathers' quality warrants a nice shirt, dress pants and a decent pair of dress shoes (oh, and a matching belt ).

We saw a guy there with ripped-up jeans on . . .I think he slipped through (hid behind wife maybe?). One person we talked to said they were told during orientation that closed toed shoes were no longer required at Lemon Grass. But I'm like the rest of you. I want to see it in writing before I return with only sandals for my hubby.

It is true and the FAQ section will be changed. Men may now wear open toe shoes, ie sandals - NOT flip flops.

Couples Resorts