Thread: Finall payment

Default Finall payment

When I booked back in March, I was told my credit card would be charged the full balance 45 days prior to departure. It is less than 45 days out and it has not been charged. What should I do? Also, once final payment is received, does Couples mail us the vouchers for our stay and the MoBay lounge?

Thank you for any help in advance!

I thought you had to make the payment at least 45 days prior to departure.... at least that is what I was told??? I went through a travel agent, I don't know if it is different...

Quote Originally Posted by Kerlyran View Post
    When I booked back in March, I was told my credit card would be charged the full balance 45 days prior to departure. It is less than 45 days out and it has not been charged. What should I do? Also, once final payment is received, does Couples mail us the vouchers for our stay and the MoBay lounge?

Thank you for any help in advance!
    If its close to 45 give it another day or so. If not, call couples. They should send email then charge a day or so later.

They probably wont send you anything. They never have to us. I would assume the mobay lounge, if you need tickets or vouchers, they will give you when you checkout....since you cant use until departure.

Enjoy

I would call them and make sure everything is good. Just for piece of mind. this way they will tell you what you need to do since you are locked into to your vacation at this point. it will be an email with your confirmatioon number, credits and payment in full. I dont know about the MOBAy lounge since we never use that

Have fun! We dont leave til june 1 for CSS

Randymon? Anyone?

I thought you had to pay by 45 days. It isn't automatic. My 45 days was yesterday and I called my TA last Friday and had her pay the balance. I was getting worried when I hadn't received a confirmation or it was not taken out of my VISA.

Got it this morning and all is well.

Betty
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

I just made my final payment as well. I booked through Couples directly and received an email advising that they were going to charge my credit card for the balance. It's all paperless so no vouchers are mailed. I do bring a print out of our email confirmation though - just in case. Only needed it once when they did not have my early booking credits noted at the resort. Still glad I had it as it made the credits a snap to resolve.

Amy

We receive an email from Couples (usually book through them) 45 days prior to the trip that look something like this: (edited out particular details)
    If you still haven't had a request for payment, I'd contact whoever you booked thorugh.

-----------------------------
    Dear Mr. XX,

Please be reminded that Final Payment for your Couples Vacation is due.

Your Confirmation # is yyyyyy

Total Amount Due is US$xxxx.yy, Please respond to this email providing us with authorization to take payment on your booking. For verification please provide us with the last (4) digits of the card we have on file for you, the expiration date and the CVC code.

You may contact me by email or call our reservations office at 1 800 268 7537 ext zzzz to settle your account, If I am not available please redial and
    another agent will assist you.

Please note that we require a note of Authorization to be emailed to us confirming final payment with last (4) digits of Credit Card, expiration date and amount.

Can you also provide us with your Airline Arrival and Departure Flight information.

Thanks for your Co-Operation.

Regards

XXXX YYYY
    Couples Resorts
    Phone 1 800 268 7537

Betty, we booked directly through the resort.

aas, thanks, I emailed the resort and within minutes A gentleman named Orville contacted me apologizing and stating that I should have received an email a while ago asking for authorization to hare my CC to settle the account. I sent Authorization and presto, I am done. Thanks all for the help.