Default What is the condition of CSA's beach

Thanks

Not sure what you're wanting exactly...but CSA's beach is gorgeous. Clean, soft, light colors....really nice.

I'll be posting pics on Intagram: ElizabethNDP

About a month ago, My husband and I were not staying at CSA, but we were in the area so we walked along the beach and it was still as beautiful as ever. We stayed at CSA in Aug 2011 and we loved it then, but this time it seemed like some portions were much wider. Don't get me wrong, I was blown away with the beach in 2011! Of course, it could be that this time we were staying at a resort with a beach not nearly as nice. I'm a self proclaimed beach snob, and I love this beach! I love the calm, clear water and the floaty rafts!! There is nothing better!

Perfect!! If any of the beach was washed away in a storm before July, I did not notice. It seemed plenty large and was just as perfect as every one describes it to be.

Whats it like by Seagrapes? When we were last at CSA (Feb 2011 - going back Feb 2013) it was quite badly eroded just there and they were using sandbags to help keep it in place. The security guard at that end of the resort blamed the sunken ship infront of Beaches. He said it was stopping the sand from returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Whats it like by Seagrapes? When we were last at CSA (Feb 2011 - going back Feb 2013) it was quite badly eroded just there and they were using sandbags to help keep it in place. The security guard at that end of the resort blamed the sunken ship infront of Beaches. He said it was stopping the sand from returning.
    Dawn. As of last Feb. it has improved by Seagrapes and north towards Beaches. In 2011 you had to walk in the water when going north and the security hut had toppled into the water. The ship was no longer there this year. We too are returning this Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by brennie View Post
    Dawn. As of last Feb. it has improved by Seagrapes and north towards Beaches. In 2011 you had to walk in the water when going north and the security hut had toppled into the water. The ship was no longer there this year. We too are returning this Feb.
    Brennie - thats great to hear. We arrive on 17th for a week, after spending a week at CN. Maybe we'll see you there? My sister and her husband plus their daughter and her fiance will be there in January on our recommendation. It will be their first Couples experience, I just want the beach to be perfect for them!

Both ends of the beach have recoverd nicely from the 2011 hurricanes. The middle section is still a bit thin but moving in the right direction. There you will find yourself fairly close to walkers along the shoreline if you pull your chaise out into the mid day sun. In 2010 the beach as a whole was more than twice the size before the hurricanes hit. There is no beach replentishment done in Jamaica so nature has to take control. Still one of the best beaches along the Seven Mile Beach. Definitely the best resort!

Dawn I think we will just miss you. We decided to do a split this year with CN and CSA and I think we arrive the day you leave. I have a feeling we sat at the same table at the repeaters at CSA last year(2011). There were a few English couples and our table was the last to leave as we kept asking for more wine. lol

Brennie - I remember that evening well! We were all getting on so well, then we looked round and the rest of the room was empty! What a shame we shall miss each other next February. You will be following us at CN and then CSA. It was from another couple on that table that we got the idea of doing a split stay - they had just arrived that afternoon from a 7 day stay at CN and said how easy the transfer had been.

rckbert - thanks for the reasurrance. Lets hope for a quiet hurricane season this year.