Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

i spent so little time in my room I don't even remember what it looked like

When we walked into the one bedroom suite at CTI all I could say for the first 30 + minutes or so was WOW! When we woke the next morning to that beautiful view, once again, WOW was what came to mind.

Infoman,

Here are some rooms suggestions.....Beachfront Verandah Suite or the Great House Jacuzzi Suite at CSA (you will also love the beach here and the classic Caribbean decor) or the Prime Minister's Penthouse Suite or Hibiscus Cottage at CSS. I think CN is a great resort, but what I think you will find in any of these mentioned rooms is the verandah and views will blow you away. There is a lot to be said about a great outdoor space. Look into some other resort and room options at resorts other than CN. All the resorts will have the great food, drink, service and amenities. Good luck deciding. Let us know what you do.

Margi

We have traveled all around the caribbean - multiple cruises and other AI's. We never have booked the same cruise/AI twice. While we enjoyed our trips, never found anything that could make us say "WOW, I can't wait to go back". Until last October, when we tried CSS - we return in 68 days and have already booked our trip for 2013. This was our WOW. Cruises always were hurry and get there, being herded with 3,000 other guests daily. The other AI's we visited had the "wow this is a beautiful room", but the food and staff were lacking (unless you had a butler-at least you could get a reservation and a chair).

At CSS, the food is truly 5 star, the staff is off the chart, and the beauty of the resort just speaks for itself. They treat every guest as if you are a VIP. The staff remembers your name, what you like, invites you to join in, respects you if you say no. The grounds are amazing and we look forward to exploring more when we return. The food - there is no way to explain - we just have to experience.

We stayed at CN our first time at couples and fell in love with the resort and each other again. We were wowed by the resort and the simple garden room. Good sized room, closet, flat screen, iPod hookup. Good sized bathroom although could be updated. But for the entry level room very good and not disappointed for the price.
    The last two times at CSA with a garden room and then the last time a bfvs room. And even though the rooms between all 3 were pretty darn similar the bfvs did have that over the top Wow. Location on top of the rest of couples experience. Splurge for that and I think you will get the compromise your after.
    Btw, the December will be our 4 trip to CSA and again the bfvs!

Irie Mon

We stayed at CN our first time at couples and fell in love with the resort and each other again. We were wowed by the resort and the simple garden room. Good sized room, closet, flat screen, iPod hookup. Good sized bathroom although could be updated. But for the entry level room very good and not disappointed for the price.
    The last two times at CSA with a garden room and then the last time a bfvs room. And even though the rooms between all 3 were pretty darn similar the bfvs did have that over the top Wow. Location on top of the rest of couples experience. Splurge for that and I think you will get the compromise your after.
    Btw, the December will be our 4 trip to CSA and again the bfvs!

Irie Mon

This is our first trip to CN. This is our fourth trip to Jamaica. The 2nd to Negril. The 1st trip was Negril at another resort which was Adult only but now isn't highly rated. We were to SS the year before it became Couples, and a high rated MBJ resort 2 yrs ago. We like a nice room, but you will only be in it maybe 8 to 9 hrs a day, unless you are just married!! LOL.
    I have stayed in many hotels thru out world and found the WOW factor was the Staff, Food, and amenities not physical structure. The most beautiful places tended to have the worst staff.
    Our travel agent said the rooms are clean, neat and comfortable. She knows us well, she wouldn't recommend a place, if she did!nt think it was a good place. She has stayed at Couples several times. And stated several of her associates stayed there also. She plans on going next year.

I cannot definitely state WOW, but we are looking to meet some new friends and enjoy Negril on our 38th Anniv. Like we did on our 25th with some good people who want to make the Experience memorable. Ya Mon!

This makes me happy to read!
    Just got back from a Caribbean cruise for my cousins wedding, but you are right, feels "rushed" we can't wait to "feel" the Couples difference!
    CSS
    Oct. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanbound View Post
    We have traveled all around the caribbean - multiple cruises and other AI's. We never have booked the same cruise/AI twice. While we enjoyed our trips, never found anything that could make us say "WOW, I can't wait to go back". Until last October, when we tried CSS - we return in 68 days and have already booked our trip for 2013. This was our WOW. Cruises always were hurry and get there, being herded with 3,000 other guests daily. The other AI's we visited had the "wow this is a beautiful room", but the food and staff were lacking (unless you had a butler-at least you could get a reservation and a chair).

At CSS, the food is truly 5 star, the staff is off the chart, and the beauty of the resort just speaks for itself. They treat every guest as if you are a VIP. The staff remembers your name, what you like, invites you to join in, respects you if you say no. The grounds are amazing and we look forward to exploring more when we return. The food - there is no way to explain - we just have to experience.

I think some people touched on it pretty well .... Not only does it depend on the resort, but it depends on the level of room you book... You pay more, you get more.... I was VERY pleased when we stayed at CTI after the re-opening. And I can not wait to see CN and CSA in a few weeks. But looking through the website and others photos you can see differences in the room categories. IMO I prefer the laid back all inclusive-ness of Couples even if the rooms are not luxury. They are beyond plain and bland. But, true, if I am vacationing I don't want to stay in a motel6 or red roof inn - and Ive never felt that vibe from Couples.

I suggest, head back to Couples and 'tour' the other rooms in person to get a feel for them, use Romance Rewards and check out the other local resort of theirs (CSA and CN; CTI and CSS).

Kelly

Ok. Why do most of us go on vacation? We have found that relaxing and enjoying each otherís company as a couple is most rewarding.

What can beat sipping champagne on the beach at sunset?

Live, love, and thankful for this precious life.

Default Wow factor response

We just got back from CN. Last year we were at CSA for our honeymoon. Honestly, I found way more WOW with CSA and will be booking again for next year. The rooms were bigger. (We so loved the cheapest room, garden veranda). Its clean, big, romantic, and NATURAL. Of course there isnt going to marble floors and such. We are dragging in from the sand, and the pool and the greenery and rain. The tile floors are perfect for me. Besides, I prefer not to be in my room if I dont have to be.

Activities are reasonably the same. Piano bar seemed more fun at CSA. Food seemed better and cleaner at CSA. And there seemed to be more to do at CSA. More vendors at CSA, however.

Its suppose to be luxurious, but in the simplicity of living in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by infoman View Post
    Iíve read plenty of travel posts where frankly, the posters come across to me as rather snobbish and having unrealistically high expectations that everything they do, see, eat and drink will be the gold standard. Hopefully, this post doesnít come across that way, as I definitely am not a snob. So whatís my dilemma? Every year at anniversary time, the wife and I look forward to being taken out of our daily routine for a week of total splendor and luxury at some nice, adults-only, all-inclusive beach resort someplace in the Caribbean. In our travels, weíve been to some very luxurious, upscale resorts that definitely have the WOW! factor. Last year was our first trip to Jamaica, and we stayed at CN. In my view, the location, beach, calm, beautiful water, beach activities and generous extras included at CN couldnít be beat. As far as the overall experience, Iíve never had a better time or a better trip. The resort, however, was a little underwhelming to us. Certainly, the accommodations and the food and staff and overall vacation experience more than made up for the lack of WOW! But there-in lies our dilemma -- I would love to go back to Jamaica again. However, while the overall experience at CN was terrific, the resort/rooms were merely adequate in our view and not up to the high standards we ordinarily look for in our annual trips. For you seasoned, repeat Couples customers, just wondering how the accommodations at CSA and CSS stack up in comparison to CN. For those who know, is there any more of a WOW! factor at the other Couples resorts, or do you think that our overall impression will pretty much be the same? Thanks in advance for any knowledge/wisdom/insights that other posters can pass along to help us make a decision about our next trip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2