Default Rum Punch at Couples Lounge... please!

I'm not a beer drinker and would sure love it if they could have something simple like Rum Punch available at the Couples Lounge. Now THAT would be a great start to our vacation! :-) Maybe they are not allowed to serve anything but beer but it would be really nice if they could.

Anyone else agree? Maybe we can talk them into it!

I don't think they have a license to give you anything but soda and beer.

I agree, although I had no problems going outside to Margaritaville and paying for a drink. Yum!

Yes, a non-soda non-beer option would be great along with something unique to snack on like a fruit kabob
    Mark & Sylvia

The lounge is prohibited from serving anything other than beer because of airport laws. You can get Wata and Pepsi.
    Vicky

I agree also. Its a nice treat to start your journey off with a drink, but like you, I am not a beer drinker either. Rum punch would be great.

I agree....I am not a beer drinker either. Was wondering if they had other drinks as well.

Me too! I even like beer, but this would be a very nice! I would bet you are right in that it has something to do with what they are allowed to serve in the airport.

I agree - I do not like beer either!! They could even tone the punch down if it is an issue with alcoholic content..... It would be nice =)

Just a fruit punch would be nice! I do not drink beer either as it is a trigger for migraines ;-(

It might be too much trouble though to have to mix it up etc. Cold bottled water is always good.

If they can't serve higher alcohol content to passengers getting OFF the planes, then why can Club Mo Bay serve to passengers getting ON the planes? Seems bass ackwards to me. Oh well, like many other things in life, I don't understand. At least they have Red Stripe, which I do appreciate!

Great idea but doesn't read as if that option is viable. Great thought though!!! Razzl

Since I can't drink beer I just pack a few small rum bottles in my luggage and have a rum and cokes with one to go. I don't have to leave the lounge and go to margaritaville and it's a lot cheaper. Win-Win!

I am not much of a beer drinker either even though I do partake in the Red Stripe when I get there just to get the vacation started off right. Love the idea for the rum punch though. But even without it all is IRIE.

Let's mix Fluffin's idea with AAA... they supply the punch... we'll supply the rum!

Sandwiches would be great too.

Randymon posted on this awhile back. They CANNOT serve anything (alcholic) other than beer at the Couples lounge. It is an airport regulation.

Bummer

I don't do beer either! So last year we did what AAA did. I packed 4 mini bottles {nips} of rum in the front part of my suitcase in a plastic zip lock bag.. When we retrieved it after customs I but the baggie in my purse, got our Pepsis in the lounge and made our own cocktails on the bus! Worked out perfectly! Give it a go!Plan on doing it again in October on our way to CSS...trip 3!
    Everyting Irie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lvmcgill View Post
    I'm not a beer drinker and would sure love it if they could have something simple like Rum Punch available at the Couples Lounge. Now THAT would be a great start to our vacation! :-) Maybe they are not allowed to serve anything but beer but it would be really nice if they could.

Anyone else agree? Maybe we can talk them into it!
    My first stop after checking in at the lounge is Margaritaville! I head out and grab some patties and rum punch and then go back in and wait for the shuttle to leave. That is when I really feel I am home!

It would be nice, but rules are rules I guess.
    Jamaica Us Happy
    Jason & Ann