Default Negative Nancies

We are returning to Negril CN June 2013 after marrying at CSA in November 2010 and although we love Couples it does cause a few pangs when you read the recent reports on Trip Advisor about Couples Negril.

Does anyone have any concerns or am we just being a negative nancies when our instinct tells us to be positive percies???

We are taking friends with us who will be marrying at CN hence our concerns.

Julie xx

I don't know about percies or nancies, but CN is awesome! The world is full of people with keyboard courage that can't wait to jump at the opportunity to complain about something. With all of the available public forums, you will get all kinds of garbage complaints. Are there valid concerns sometimes? Of course. But, it's really just a numbers game, and the number of happy guests far outweighs the number of whiners. The MB is a great place to get informed, but opinions are not always information. The best advice is to go anywhere with an open mind and form your own opinion, which takes me back to my original statement. CN is awesome! Have a great time. You know what Couples is all about, so leave your worries at home!

Look at the ratio of negative to positive. That says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by b775pd View Post
    We are returning to Negril CN June 2013 after marrying at CSA in November 2010 and although we love Couples it does cause a few pangs when you read the recent reports on Trip Advisor about Couples Negril.

Does anyone have any concerns or am we just being a negative nancies when our instinct tells us to be positive percies???

We are taking friends with us who will be marrying at CN hence our concerns.

Julie xx
    Recent bad reviews? On tripadvisor? I havent seen a bad review about CN in a long time....

Having one average review for every 20 good reviews I dont think you should be concerned.

The reviews on TA have become more and more unreliable these last couple years. I am not sure if it is an attempt by the competition to bad mouth Couples or if people have been watching too much "reality TV" or reading too many blogs and think that the only way to be interesting is to yell, put down everyone around you, and complain about everything. They want to be seen as a critic so they assume that means being critical. Believe me, I have been to various Couples several times and you can't beat the staff, food, and fun. You will have as great of a time as you let yourself have. If you go looking for things that are wrong you will find them...real or imagined, and it will ruin any trip to anywhere. You are at Couples in Jamaica mon...no problem!

Go into it knowing that no trip is perfect and you won't be disappointed. Although near perfect trips do happen, just not all the time. There more than likely will be a hiccup or two but rarely anything that will "spoil" the vacation. If something happens, adjust to the situation and move on. Take a look around at where you're at. Your in Jamaica. Don't let it get to you. We just got back from CSA and speak from experience. Had a couple mishaps but still had a great time.

CSA Aug. 2011, July 2012, July 2013, July 2014
    CSS Aug. 2011, Aug. 2014