Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Do not like the dark with white type. IMHO, it's too difficult to read.

Not a fan. How do we view it in an easier to read version?

Its harder to read plus black,grey, and blue do not make me think tropical paradise!

The navigation will take a little getting used to but I think the dark background with white text is much easier to read.

It looks sleeker than the old format, but I agree with others about ease of reading. The white text on gray background on top of more gray background is difficult to read and kind of dark.

Haven't tried to much on the navigation yet, but I don't like the color. It is too hard to read. Most people are use to the black on white, and the white on grey is too hard to read. And if anyone does any changes to their font color you can not read it at all.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    I was using the VB4 version as I preferred having the more grid like view across the entire screen. The new Couples skin is better than the previous one, with more separation than before, (both horizontal and vertical) and therefore easier to read, although I still prefer more lines separting each thread (row) and each column, or better yet, the alternating light/slightly darker colours. I'd also prefer to see the photo on the left gone or moved so that the threads can be full width. Just free advice from a usability analyst who designs and critiques web sites for a living.

BUT... I thought I'd check out the "Couples Gray" and now I am stuck with this. I don't like this at all. White text on dark is too hard to read. (I always recommend against that unles sjust for a header or tabs - small amounts only)

I can't see how to change it back? It's not at the bottom in a drop down like the others. Someone help!

Click your user name. Go to "settings." Go to "general settings." You can change your skin in there.

I was actually confused with my earlier post. I use the VB4 version also.

Prefer the new -
    Better for reading when at the office if the palm trees and bikinis are less obvious on the screen.
    So I can daydream more

Most of the forum softwares offer various coloured skins, and the software can be configured to allow the user to choose which one they prefer. I am on several web forums that have this feature, and I always choose the light background for my eyes.

I for one, very much like the new layout, however the light on dark text is something that I absolutely loathe. I spend a few minutes reading in that format, and it takes my eyes a couple of minutes to re-adjust afterwards. It's as if I've been crossing my eyes for 10 minutes straight, and then try to look at something in the distance, and simply can't get them to focus.

Anyways, as I said, I really like the new layout, but having the option of choosing a different colour scheme would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    I was using the VB4 version as I preferred having the more grid like view across the entire screen. The new Couples skin is better than the previous one, with more separation than before, (both horizontal and vertical) and therefore easier to read, although I still prefer more lines separting each thread (row) and each column, or better yet, the alternating light/slightly darker colours. I'd also prefer to see the photo on the left gone or moved so that the threads can be full width. Just free advice from a usability analyst who designs and critiques web sites for a living.

BUT... I thought I'd check out the "Couples Gray" and now I am stuck with this. I don't like this at all. White text on dark is too hard to read. (I always recommend against that unles sjust for a header or tabs - small amounts only)

I can't see how to change it back? It's not at the bottom in a drop down like the others. Someone help!
    Ok, so for those of us who are not fond of the gray.

Top right corner of your screen, go to "Settings". This will bring you to your personal profile page where you can adjust your view of the forum.

On the left hand menu bar, under "My Account", choose "General Settings". This will open up the general settings page for the forum, and allow you to tweak settings for your profile.

If you scroll down, you will see under the "Miscellaneous Options", the section for "Forum Skin". You have a few options here. I chose the Vb4 Default skin, and it is a white background, blue borders, with black text.

Once you have selected a skin, you have to scroll down and save your changes. This will update your view of the board, and change the colour scheme for you.

Play around, find the one that you like that works for you!

Cheers!

It has lost the Couple's feeling.

It is now just a standard MB in Grey. It needs a Couple's side bar or some type of couple's view. While the picture did let others know you were reading somthing fun it also provided a vacation/enjoyable feel. Bring back the couple's feeling with views of couples; there are amny ways such as background, top bar, or the old style of side bar. You can even slide show picture as to not favor one resort over another.
    Mark & Sylvia

Not a fan, switched my settings back to the old already. Too hard for me to read but then I have old eyes.

Very hard to read

My eyes are watering trying to read the white on black, not a great color scheme for people with astigmatism. Is there anyway to change it? I definitely won't be spending much time reading through all the great threads with these colors.

It is much harder to read with the grey background.

This is very hard to read. Not enough contrast to pick up the print easily.

If people use standard black color print, it's fine. I can't read anything printed in blue or purple.
    Vicky

Sorry, but I don't like it. The grey/black background has a very negative feeling to it. I think this message board should make the user feel happy and want to talk about vacation at Couples. This reminds me of a cloudy rainy day. Not what you want when planning a vacation.

[QUOTE=beckyanddave;185909]I like that the couple is gone in the left hand corner so I can look at work more hehe[/QUOTE]

I agree with this! I'm at work right now! Oops!
    I also agree with a few others here ~ I'm not crazy about the grey background with white lettering. For some reason, it seems harder on my eyes. Other than that it's all GREAT!

Ok, I think many of us are getting a little confused ????
    I was now able to see the drop down list at the bottom and change my style back to Couples BLUE. Whew! That skin looks new and improved over the old Couples Blue. I think somehow others have landed in the Couples GRAY, which is what most of us do not like. I personally (and professionally)think you should scrap that one and keep the other two styles. The VB4 Default Style is still my preference, but the BLUE style is much improved. If you ditch the photo on the left I'd probably use it now. Just my two cents.

For those seeing the dark gray background, scroll to the bottom and select "Couples Blue"

I think it is harder to read. The names of the posters are hard to read as well. I prefer the previous way it was. Sorry........

Don't like it. Too sterile, not tropical

Quote Originally Posted by Irie at CN View Post
    It is very dark. It used to be so light, bright and inviting, now it's dark, dull and very unappealing to me.
    Completely agree with the above! Too hard on my eyeballs! Once I logged in and clicked on a thread I got back to the nice white with blue lines. AHHHHHH!! I CAN READ AGAIN!

I really do not like the white text on grey background, so difficult to read.

Harder for me to read. It look all gray with white letters on my screen (not sure if it appears the same on everyone else's).
    I will getg used to it obviously, but it's just not as pretty, bright, or 'tropical' as it could be.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast