Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 77

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Soo - tell us what you think of the new MB skin.

    Ok, so it will take you a couple minutes to get use to the NAV buttons, but you simply need to click here to get to various megathreads":

    http://couples.com/mb/forum.php

    Couples Resorts

  2. #2

    Default

    Irie Mon! Just an extra "click" but everything is there you might want to look at! I'm sure we'll adjust

  3. #3

    Default

    I like that the couple is gone in the left hand corner so I can look at work more hehe
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

  4. #4

    Default

    [QUOTE=beckyanddave;185909]I like that the couple is gone in the left hand corner so I can look at work more hehe[/QUOTE]

    I agree with this! I'm at work right now! Oops!
    I also agree with a few others here ~ I'm not crazy about the grey background with white lettering. For some reason, it seems harder on my eyes. Other than that it's all GREAT!

  5. #5

    Default Too dark background

    Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Ok, so it will take you a couple minutes to get use to the NAV buttons, but you simply need to click here to get to various megathreads":

    http://couples.com/mb/forum.php
    Seems harder to read.........Just my opinion...

  6. #6

    Default

    Really don't like it. The negative print (white print on gray background) is very uncomfortable to read.

  7. #7

    Default

    Not sure if it's just my computer but the board is in grey. Not nice to read at all.

  8. #8

    Default

    Seems a bit easier on the eyes with less contrast than the stark black/white combo. I like it! Vote of approval here!

  9. #9

    Default

    I like this V-bulletin format much better. It's more user friendly and it looks better.

  10. #10

    Default

    It's different. I restarted my browser because I thought that my computer was acting up!!! HAHAHA

  11. #11

    Default

    ya mon i prefer the white back ground this is a little harder to read

    thnx wayne

  12. #12

    Default

    not a fan

  13. #13

    Default

    It's not bad. It will take some getting used to. It definitely coincides with the gray and blue color scheme, but it's not as easy on the eyes as the old black and white version.

  14. #14

    Default

    Too Dark

  15. #15

    Default

    I was using the VB4 version as I preferred having the more grid like view across the entire screen. The new Couples skin is better than the previous one, with more separation than before, (both horizontal and vertical) and therefore easier to read, although I still prefer more lines separting each thread (row) and each column, or better yet, the alternating light/slightly darker colours. I'd also prefer to see the photo on the left gone or moved so that the threads can be full width. Just free advice from a usability analyst who designs and critiques web sites for a living.

    BUT... I thought I'd check out the "Couples Gray" and now I am stuck with this. I don't like this at all. White text on dark is too hard to read. (I always recommend against that unles sjust for a header or tabs - small amounts only)

    I can't see how to change it back? It's not at the bottom in a drop down like the others. Someone help!

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    I was using the VB4 version as I preferred having the more grid like view across the entire screen. The new Couples skin is better than the previous one, with more separation than before, (both horizontal and vertical) and therefore easier to read, although I still prefer more lines separting each thread (row) and each column, or better yet, the alternating light/slightly darker colours. I'd also prefer to see the photo on the left gone or moved so that the threads can be full width. Just free advice from a usability analyst who designs and critiques web sites for a living.

    BUT... I thought I'd check out the "Couples Gray" and now I am stuck with this. I don't like this at all. White text on dark is too hard to read. (I always recommend against that unles sjust for a header or tabs - small amounts only)

    I can't see how to change it back? It's not at the bottom in a drop down like the others. Someone help!

    Click your user name. Go to "settings." Go to "general settings." You can change your skin in there.


    I was actually confused with my earlier post. I use the VB4 version also.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicamecrazy View Post
    I was using the VB4 version as I preferred having the more grid like view across the entire screen. The new Couples skin is better than the previous one, with more separation than before, (both horizontal and vertical) and therefore easier to read, although I still prefer more lines separting each thread (row) and each column, or better yet, the alternating light/slightly darker colours. I'd also prefer to see the photo on the left gone or moved so that the threads can be full width. Just free advice from a usability analyst who designs and critiques web sites for a living.

    BUT... I thought I'd check out the "Couples Gray" and now I am stuck with this. I don't like this at all. White text on dark is too hard to read. (I always recommend against that unles sjust for a header or tabs - small amounts only)

    I can't see how to change it back? It's not at the bottom in a drop down like the others. Someone help!
    Ok, so for those of us who are not fond of the gray.

    Top right corner of your screen, go to "Settings". This will bring you to your personal profile page where you can adjust your view of the forum.

    On the left hand menu bar, under "My Account", choose "General Settings". This will open up the general settings page for the forum, and allow you to tweak settings for your profile.

    If you scroll down, you will see under the "Miscellaneous Options", the section for "Forum Skin". You have a few options here. I chose the Vb4 Default skin, and it is a white background, blue borders, with black text.

    Once you have selected a skin, you have to scroll down and save your changes. This will update your view of the board, and change the colour scheme for you.

    Play around, find the one that you like that works for you!

    Cheers!

  18. #18

    Default

    Thanks Jay & Jen!

    Mine is back the way I like it now! I did not know those setting were there,
    Much appreciated!
    Roy in VA

  19. #19

    Default

    I like it. Much cleaner than the previous generation and very readable (except when folks use odd colors). Nice work!

  20. #20

    Default

    It is very hard to read. Not really digging it at the moment.

  21. #21

    Default

    It's too dark.

  22. #22

    Default

    It is very dark. It used to be so light, bright and inviting, now it's dark, dull and very unappealing to me.

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irie at CN View Post
    It is very dark. It used to be so light, bright and inviting, now it's dark, dull and very unappealing to me.
    Completely agree with the above! Too hard on my eyeballs! Once I logged in and clicked on a thread I got back to the nice white with blue lines. AHHHHHH!! I CAN READ AGAIN!

  24. #24

    Default

    It's nice. It'll take a little getting used to for those of us that are on here all the time, but all in all... lovely!

  25. #25

    Default

    Love it!!!! So much easier to navigate! Great job!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •