Default Be Watchin the weather !

I m sure most of you are aware of this, but a tropical Depression has formed off the leeward islands, and models have it tracking towards Jamaica- many things could happen, but the weather channel has it as a Cat 1 monday /tuesday- might keep a close eye on this with you flights as well as your stay. hopefully it fizzles out

Yikes!!!

Name:  maptropprjpath05ltst5nh.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  38.7 KB
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We are to arrive Monday mid morning and the model shows the tropical depression almost past the southern area below Jamaica, not a big deal probably some rain to deal with, if it stays a depression all will be fine, is what it is. Just may have to deal with a little arrival and departure delays at airports. and usually after a tropical depression blows thru you get some great clear weather after!!!

Oh no - we are supposed to fly there on Monday! Don't mind Vodka and Ting in the rain - I just want to be @ CN.

Yeah, we are supposed to be there Saturday afternoon staying through the following Friday. I'm keeping my eye out on the weather, but I guess there isn't much we can do about it, right? I REALLY hope it fizzles out. Anyone else been to CSS in weather like what's predicted? Any way that I can be somewhat prepared? Thanks...

Flying in Sunday. Hopefully will miss anything bad inbound. But if its raining, the bar will be hopping. See you at CN!

We are flying from BWI to go to Couples Ocho RIos Monday morning! I hope our flight doesntg get delayed I am so excited to go!

From a prior post: (http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php?10669)

"As you know Couples Resorts has a hurricane policy
    This policy applies only if: The storm is declared a hurricane
    and
    Jamaica is under 3 days cone of influence as per NOAA"

Jamaica is within the 3 day cone, but the storm has not been declared a hurricane. Personally, were I going soon, I'd watch the forecast closely but wouldn't take any action just yet.

btw, the link to the policy in that thread is no longer valid, but the current policy (found here: http://couples.com/rates/policies.php) states the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by columbo View Post
    We are to arrive Monday mid morning and the model shows the tropical depression almost past the southern area below Jamaica, not a big deal probably some rain to deal with, if it stays a depression all will be fine, is what it is. Just may have to deal with a little arrival and departure delays at airports. and usually after a tropical depression blows thru you get some great clear weather after!!!
    Coming in Monday too....worse case there will be a lot of room time on the honeymoon....could be worse

Quote Originally Posted by calicouple View Post
    Coming in Monday too....worse case there will be a lot of room time on the honeymoon....could be worse
    then the babymoon comes 7 months later

Everything is fine. I'm at CTI this week and my husband and I arrived on Sunday. It did rain and was quite windy, but that was about it. No direct damage. The ocean water is very wavy, but the ocean breeze is great.