Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Steve McQueen Penthouse at CSS

Does anyone know if this suite has a private balcony? I heard it had a great view and would like to request it but if it's in the D block (which I just read only has lattice separating the balconies) not so sure. Any input would be appreciated. 5 months and counting to CSS!

Thanks for the help!

Can anyone clarify about this latticed balcony issue? I'm very confused about which rooms have this.

If you scroll down the MB to "do penthouse suites have private balconies at CSS?", there are actually a couple of pictures of the balconies with the lattices. b

ElaineChick,
    See my post in the below link for the thread "Do the penthouse suites at CSS have private balconies?"...

Jackie

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=1997

Default .

E Block did not have any lattice, just the railing. D Block is definately the way to go with the penthouse suites. We learned that by staying in E block last time. Nice spacious room, but close to the evening music (right outside the bedroom window)which on the first and last nights was annoying. That would be about the only complaint I could think of. Great view of the ocean!

I've read the other thread, but I can't tell which penthouses don't have the latticed balconies. It's clear the D block does, and RnRMan32 says the E block does not. What about the F and G blocks?

We stayed in that room a couple of years ago. There were no other couples staying in the other three rooms, so we had the entire outside area to ourselves. There is this "fence" of lattice about six feet tall by about seven feet wide. Obviously, this doesn't really offer "privacy". For that, you have to go back in to the room. But sitting out there at night, looking toward the beach and open grassy area, is wonderful. Even if your "neighbors" are there, I don't think that you will be bothered by them.

Richie

Richie, are you referring to the Steve McQueen suite?

Thanks, Kathy

I've heard the Milton Berle suite has the biggest deck.
    nobody's favorite poster

I am refering to the Steve McQueen suite. We stayed there about two years ago when CTI was closed.

Richie

Thanks everyone. I know it's just a room and when your at CSS how much time do you spend in your room anyway? We do however, like our a.m. coffee on the balcony and enjoy a nice view. Thanks again!

We just got back last night and we stayed in the Steve McQueen penthouse. You are correct, there is only lattice work separating you from another room. We always had our coffee on the balcony in the morning and never once saw our neighbors the week we were there.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

J&KG,
    We did room service for breakfast several times & it was very quiet out on our balcony (D21 Penthouse). Of course, we ordered it for 6:00AM, so we were the only ones crazy enough to be up that early !! The views from up there were awesome (any time of day) !!

Jackie

D21 view, straight out:
    Name:  CSS.D21.View.Straight_08.09.jpg
Views: 1987
Size:  48.4 KB

D21 view, to the right:
    Name:  CSS.D21.View.Right_08.09.jpg
Views: 1973
Size:  58.3 KB

D21 view, right & back a bit:
    Name:  CSS.D21.View.RightBack_08.09.jpg
Views: 1983
Size:  68.4 KB

D21 view, back from ocean:
    Name:  CSS.D21.View.Back_08.09.jpg
Views: 1970
Size:  71.1 KB

D21 view, early morning fishermen:
    Name:  CSS.D21.View.Fishermen_08.09.jpg
Views: 1984
Size:  16.2 KB

Hi Jackie, can you tell me the name of the D21 suite, is this the Angela Bassett Suite? Also, the one next door, D20 is that the Prime Minister's suite? We know D14 is the Steve McQueen suite but what is the one behind it called, nobody ever talks about that one, or about the two others in D block that are a bit lower than the third floor.

OK, here's how I figure the Penthouses in D (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these !!):

If you're standing on top of D, facing the ocean:

Front Left: D-20 (Roger Moore)........Front Right: D-21 (Angela Bassette)

Back Left: D-14 (Steve McQueen)......Back Right: D-27 (Harry Belafonte)

Far Back Left (lower than top of D): D-13 (Prime Minister)

Those 4 on the top of D are the ones where the balcony dividers are the wooden lattice dividers (not permanent structures).

So....that's as much as I've been able to figure out about D.

I think C block has the "Pavarotti" Penthouse.

And, E-12 is Frangipani Penthouse. I think E-09 & E-10 are also Penthouse suites as well.

No idea where the remaining Penthouse suites are !!

Jackie

Ohhh, I may have to ditch the Ocean View [tub] for hubby's original rec on the penthouse to get a Bond penthouse......wow!!!!

I can confirm your findings for D-21 (Angela Bassette).

You can also check ot "CSS What Building to Request" posted on Feb. 16, 2010 for more info.

Here's the link to the "CSS Which Building to Request" thread:

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=5609

Quote Originally Posted by JackieMRP View Post
    OK, here's how I figure the Penthouses in D (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these !!):

If you're standing on top of D, facing the ocean:

Front Left: D-20 (Roger Moore)........Front Right: D-21 (Angela Bassette)

Back Left: D-14 (Steve McQueen)......Back Right: D-27 (Harry Belafonte)

Far Back Left (lower than top of D): D-13 (Prime Minister)

Those 4 on the top of D are the ones where the balcony dividers are the wooden lattice dividers (not permanent structures).

So....that's as much as I've been able to figure out about D.

I think C block has the "Pavarotti" Penthouse.

And, E-12 is Frangipani Penthouse. I think E-09 & E-10 are also Penthouse suites as well.

No idea where the remaining Penthouse suites are !!

Jackie
    Good job Jackie, thanks very much! We were at CSS early Feb and loved it so much we booked to go back 2-10 Apr and have booked a penthouse suite this time around. We gazed longingly at the rooms in D block and wondered what they were all called. We met some people that were in E-11, the Poinciana Suite and had a tour through it, nice view. Apparently there are 11 penthouse suites, 1 in C block, 4 in E block and what I thought were 6 in D block. It will be a nice surprise to see what we end up with but are hoping for D block and that huge shower!

I know, Karen, we have our fingers crossed for a another D Penthouse again when we go back again in April (we just loved D-21 last August) !!

Now.....I just wish I could figure out exactly where the other 2 (besides the 4 on top) Penthouse suites in D are located...

Jackie

You mentioned the Prime Minister Suite, could there be another one like it on the other side of the building, where it's a bit lower than the third floor? That would complete the 11!

When in April will you be there Jackie?

Karen
    Last edited by KarenON; March 2nd, 2010 at 12:58 PM.

This was great info. We've got a Penthouse booked in 25 days and I can't wait to see which one we end up with!

Aha, I just found a link I had bookmarked from the old Couples board (http://vivawindsor.com/atd/messages/...tml?1244957665). It says that there are 11 Penthouse Suites:
    D: 5
    E: 4
    C: 2

Not sure if that's correct or not.

But, I'm pretty sure that there is no "mirror image" of the Prime Minister Suite. If there was, then the view from that room would be right into the side of E block.

Here's looking out my bedroom window of D-21. That room opposite (diagonally) is D-14. I believe that that lower roof you see beyond that is D-13.
    Name:  CSS.Rm.D21.View.RmD14_08.09.jpg
Views: 1580
Size:  55.1 KB

Now, here I'm on my balcony looking back toward D-27. E block is right behind those palm trees on the left of the pic. So.....if the Prime Minister Ste had a "mirror-image" suite, then it would be right off the end of D-27's balcony (& would have no view).
    Name:  CSS.Rm.D21.View.RmD27_08.09.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  53.5 KB

Phew......I know it seems I've put waaaay too much time & energy into this, but I really haven't !! I just like solving mysteries !!

Oh, and we'll be at CSS the last week of April w/ friends from home.

Jackie

You're awesome Jackie, thanks for the detective work, I knew we'd get to the bottom of this one way or another! Love the pictures, sigh...

Karen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast