Hybrid View

Default introductory dive

This may be a stupid question, but I'm not an experienced diver, so I thought some of you could help me out. We will be going to CTI in December. Neither of us are certified divers, but would like to take the resort course and do the introductory dive. How deep does this introductory dive go? I would like to buy a new camera before our trip, and I was thinking of getting a waterproof one (not just for the one dive, obviously...but for the falls, the beach, whatever). Thanks for your help beach experts!

You will go no deeper than 30 feet. You will however see tons of fish, so a camera is really cool to have. They do make disposible camera that will go that deep. I have used them several times and they do take pretty good pictures. Have fun and enjoy, you'll want to be certified by the time your done.

The introductory dive is only about 30 feet. No worries, mon!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

We are intrested too. May dso the book portion up at home and come down to dive. Any input from Vets?

Quote Originally Posted by ctihoneymooner View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but I'm not an experienced diver, so I thought some of you could help me out. We will be going to CTI in December. Neither of us are certified divers, but would like to take the resort course and do the introductory dive. How deep does this introductory dive go? I would like to buy a new camera before our trip, and I was thinking of getting a waterproof one (not just for the one dive, obviously...but for the falls, the beach, whatever). Thanks for your help beach experts!
    non certified resort dives are normally 20-30 feet.

We did it at CSA, but I would assume it is the same process.

First, we had to swim 200m in the pool. You can't stop and can't touch the bottome of the pool. You would be really surpirsed how hard this is. I have seen more people fail the swim test then actually passing it.

Next, you will watch a short video on the basics of diving, the dive master will give you an oral quiz after the video to make sure you understand.

You then go into the pool to learn your basic skills.

After that, you go out on a dive less then 30 feet.

All in all, we started at 8am and were done diving before noon. It really made us want to get certified and we are now taking classes at home so we can check out the other dive spots when we return in Nov.
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

Default Underwater Camera

Ctihoneymooner,

If you are at all hesitant about buying a new camera, you can check out www.dicapac.com. They make waterproof casings for all types of digital cameras and are pretty inexpensive. We bought one off Ebay and it has worked fantastically. It keeps your camera dry and sand free! The only downside is that it does make the camera a bit more difficult to manuver, but I think it is definitely worth the extra effort, as your pictures are much better than you would get from a disposable!