Default Flying into csa tomorrow - interested in a cuba excursion

Hey everyone - we arrive tomorrow night and we thought about a possible day trip to Cuba, does that still exist? Any information would be a great help.

S&C

Why in the world would you want to take a day trip to Cuba - you are already on the best island with the best people?
    Chuck and Gail
    Washington DC area (Northern VA)
    CSS April 19th
    7th Trip to Couples (2xCSA 4xCSS 1xCTI)
    Too many trips to JA to count and still love it!

Not sure why you would want to spend your money someplace where the routinely violently repress free expression often times leading to the death of local political activists not to mention the current US citizen being held hostage by the regime. North Korea may be lovely too but I would not give them my money...

Amy

From a web site for the U.S. Department of State (www.travel.state.gov):

The U.S. Department of the Treasury enforces the Cuban Assets Control Regulations, which apply to all U.S. citizens and permanent residents wherever they are located, all people and organizations physically located in the United States, and branches and subsidiaries of U.S. organizations throughout the world. The regulations require that persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction be licensed in order to engage in any travel-related transactions pursuant to travel to, from, and within Cuba. Transactions related to travel for tourist activities are not licensable. This restriction also prohibits tourist travel to Cuba from or through a third country such as Mexico or Canada. U.S. law enforcement authorities enforce these regulations at U.S. airports and pre-clearance facilities in third countries. Travelers who fail to comply with Department of the Treasury regulations could face civil penalties and criminal prosecution upon return to the United States.
    Last edited by Pamela; August 7th, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I am Canadian, so Cuba is a quick, economical trip for us. Having been there, I have to say that is has some beautiful beaches and wonderful people, with a culture that is unique and very different to Jamaica. (But let's just not talk about the food at resorts there! Yikes) Please try to not paint the whole country negatively because of the politics and history. That said, if I wouldn't do a day trip from Jamaica to Cuba. It would be a waste of a lot of time and there's no need when Jamaica has so much to offer. I certainly wouldn't risk it if I was American.