Default 18 days till CN!!!! Any advice?

We are REALLY excited!!!! Our first Couples trip is coming up! 18 DAYS!!!! WOOHOO!!! Any repeaters have some CN advice for a couple in there twenties? I am 24 and my hubby is 28 We know we want to snorkel, catamaran, and do some much needed relaxation. Any advice for us?
    Last edited by ngwh2009; August 8th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.

If you like to snorkel....try the free scuba resort course to see if you like diving. Sugar is a great instructor and will make you feel really comfortable. If you like it...you can easily upgrade to the full PADI OW course and use what you've already learned including the one dive going towards the four required for certification. Then you have your c-card for life and can dive anywhere in the world.
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

ENJOY all the resort has to offer. Don't get carried away with the cocktails. (easier said than done), Get up early to enjoy the beauty of the mornings (go for a run on the beach). Have a Bloody Mary at breakfast. Talk to everyone and make lots of new friends. Try Scuba Diving. Try new foods. Try the AN beach. Float in the ocean on a floatie and spot the starfish. Hang out in the Piano Bar (lovely air conditioned place) Try at least one Bob Marley shot. Do workout once in awhile, to help ease your mind of all the calories you will consume! But don't stress out about those calories, you are on vacation afterall!! Talk to the vendors on the beach. Enjoy your time and plan your next trip home!
    Lucy

My only advice is; prepare for a WONDERFUL time!!

We leave in 23 days for our 2nd trip to CN, can't wiat!

Make sure you see Ivylynn at the Beach Bar and get a hummingbird and a dirty banana with rum on top and in the straw Super yummy drinks! And let her know that "Trouble" says "Hi"!
    Book the caramaran and glass bottom as soon as you get there.
    Make you dinner reservations right away of you like to eat early.
    Relax and enjoy, the staff is amazing there!
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

Ask Tennyson at the main bar for a Naughty Jamaican and see him smile. Chill out, relax and have fun. By the way, the sand gravity there is really really strong in February, I don't know how it is in August. Say hi to Paul Tucker the piano player at the piano bar for Karaoke and enjoy his wonderful voice and talents. Tell him, Steve & Judy, the Phantom of the Opera singers, said hello. Most of all, enjoy each other and the magic of Jamaica.

I agree with BeckyandDave you've gotta try the dirty banana! When we were there I tried something different to drink (ask to see the notebook) almost everytime I ordered something from the bar. Be prepared to be spoiled and pampered. We are headed back 9/24-10/1 for our second trip to CN mostly because the service was spectacular in 9/2009 when we were there. Go on DAY1 to sign up for as much as you can at the Dive Shack. Snorkle more than once if you can especially if you love it. If you want to try the tie-dyed shirts take a few white tshirts (your size) with you. They will have them but they didn't have many size mediums or larger than that. Take the lessons offered for things you've never tried. If it's in your budget get a massage.

Thank you everyone for your great advice. We are really looking forward to our trip

Great advice above. You only need a reservation at 1 of the restaurants. Take a water bottle with you. The entire experience is one of a "no problem mon vacation". So do everything when you want -- no clock. Meet someone new, try something new.

lynn0621 we will be there 9/22-9/30! Hope to see you on the dive boat!
    Lucy

Hurry up and slow down!