Default Couples in September!

We're heading to couples in September.. It's out first time! Can anyone tell me what the weather is typically like? Will we be in for a lot of rain?

In Sept 2009, we stayed from the 4th to the 12th at CTI. We had maybe 5 minutes of rain one afternoon, that was it. ... I dont think thats common, but we are going back again (8/25-9/11)!!

Kelly

Gail and I have been to Jamaica many times in September - in fact we will be at CSS for 10 days starting 9/12. The weather is beautiful....we have never had any real issues. We did have one full day of rain at CSA a few years ago but we took at nap and then hung out at the tiki beach bar talking with folks and playing games.....no problem!!!
    Chuck and Gail
    Washington DC area (Northern VA)
    CSS April 19th
    7th Trip to Couples (2xCSA 4xCSS 1xCTI)
    Too many trips to JA to count and still love it!

You are going to love it!!!!

We go south every September after the Labour Day weekend and it's been okay for 3 years in a row. Last year at CN we had some rain every afternoon for about 30 minutes. No biggy. It cools things off.

On our last full day (Friday) it poured hard in the afternoon for about 4 hours solid. A bit of a bummer as we wanted to play bocce ball and do some sailing but we sat in the beach grill and talked to friends we had made that week. Good too.

We are back again this September 8-15 and can't wait.
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotahk View Post
    We're heading to couples in September.. It's out first time! Can anyone tell me what the weather is typically like? Will we be in for a lot of rain?
    If you check the weather it will say rain everyday but that is the Caribbean. The shower you might get in the afternoon is usually a great relief from the heat and lasts only a short time.

Which resort are you headed to and what days??? We go in late September and it is typical to have a rain shower in the afternoon to break up the heat of the day. Mornings are typically sunny and hot. Get up and early and enjoy the heat, then maybe take a little nap during the rain.. AWESOMENESS!! You will LOVE IT!
    Lucy

We were @ CN in 2010 in Seprtmber and it rained on us 3 days of 10, only 1 of the days was heavy and all of the days it did not last very long and we were back on the beach.

Enjoy!! We leave for our 2nd trip to CN in 23 days!

Both of our trips to Swept Away were in Sept. and the weather was fine. Everyday was great and we never had a full day of rain at all. In the evening there was usually a shower, but soon afterwards it was sunny again. I know that they say this is the rainy season, but if you look at the weather forecast for the week you are going it will say rain everyday. This is not always the case, but once again if it does, it is brief and sunny afterwards.

We usually travel in September and it's always a little bit of a crap shoot. It might rain, it might not. It will be hot but it's the caribbean. Jamaica does not get as hot as other caribbean spots. It rarely gets over 90 degrees. Best rates this time of year. We'll be back at CSS from August 30 through September 9th. Can't wait!!!!!!
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Thanls guys! You've made me feel better about it! Sounds just like Florida weather. We leave August 29th- Sept 5th! Still not sure where we are going, we did the secret rendezvous. My bets are CTI though!

Besides, its just "liquid sunshine"

Thanls guys! You've made me feel better about it! Sounds just like Florida weather. We leave August 29th- Sept 5th! Still not sure where we are going, we did the secret rendezvous. My bets are CTI though!
    We did the secret rendezvous for 8/31-9/5 and can't wait to find out where we'll be. We figure on CTI too. Was there last year and loved it!

We are planning a week at CSS later September, can't wait and hope we get good weather!

Quote Originally Posted by jonandsarah View Post
    We did the secret rendezvous for 8/31-9/5 and can't wait to find out where we'll be. We figure on CTI too. Was there last year and loved it!
    Let me know where you end up!! Maybe we will see eachother!! Can't wait!!!

And if you end up in Negril we will be there!

CN 8/25-9/3
    CSA 9/3-9/11

Kelly