Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dear Soon-to-be-Mrs.H.

I recently lost my 87 year old grandfather to bladder cancer, two days before your MIL passed, it was fast and all so sudden. I understand your family's pain and I pray that you will all come together during this difficult time and be loving and supportive for one another. Know that she is in a better place, she feels no pain, and that both your MIL and mother will be at your side on your wedding day in spirit.

I know your honeymoon is very important, the idea of getting away following all the bussle of the wedding, spending time together in a beautiful resort resting and relaxing etc etc. I am sure you are both frustrated and disappointed in the lack of committment on your husband's employers (who wouldn't be), however, you have each other, that is what is most important - the love you share.

All these hardships will strengthen your marriage and sooner (not later) you will find a way to have your honeymoon (I pray for you both that it is in Jamaica).

If I were you I would talk to the travel agent and see what can be arranged, people can be compassionate and I hope that the travel agent will be for your sake.

All the best to you and your husband to be.

Oh sweetie I am so very sorry for your lose. As you said your MIL will always be there...all you need to do is close your eyes and open your heart. You will see her right there next to you.

Bright blessings for a wonderful life with your Love!

Namaste
    Momma Frodo

I have no words, *hugs*, I wish you a happy day on your wedding day, I pray for hope and healing for you and your future husband and his family. May your future be filled with love and family, memories and laughter.

So sorry to hear that terrible news. Please tell your future husband that I am very sorry for his loss. Hugs to both of you. When my father died I was only 23 and it made me realize that life is short and you only get one. I am very excited for you upcoming marriage and new life together as a married couple. You are going to love the Couples resort you chose. Good luck and hang in there.

As a Brit I am horrified at the idea that a new employer would renege on a deal already made between two parties. If this was done in the UK I imagine lawyers would get involved fairly quickly. As an employer myself I find it astonishing. It would be too risky for the employer here. Did your fiancee write to them confirming the vacation and noting it was his honeymoon? If it were me and I needed the employee there (for very serious business reasons) I would feel duty bound to offer to pay for the lost deposit as well as some aggravation money as recompense. I am sitting here with my jaw dropping to the ground at the possibility that this can happen, without serious implications, in the most litigious society in the world.

Astonished from London, England.

My tuppence worth and all in my opinion. I hope it works out guys. If its any comfort, anywhere in the Caribbean is hugely expensive for us Europeans. At least it is just on your doorstep. One love.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    As a Brit I am horrified at the idea that a new employer would renege on a deal already made between two parties. If this was done in the UK I imagine lawyers would get involved fairly quickly. As an employer myself I find it astonishing. It would be too risky for the employer here. Did your fiancee write to them confirming the vacation and noting it was his honeymoon? If it were me and I needed the employee there (for very serious business reasons) I would feel duty bound to offer to pay for the lost deposit as well as some aggravation money as recompense. I am sitting here with my jaw dropping to the ground at the possibility that this can happen, without serious implications, in the most litigious society in the world.

Astonished from London, England.

My tuppence worth and all in my opinion. I hope it works out guys. If its any comfort, anywhere in the Caribbean is hugely expensive for us Europeans. At least it is just on your doorstep. One love.
    As an American, it does not surprise me. Some employers feel they can treat their employees like crap. And with the economy right now it is an employer's market, and they feel that if you don't like what is happening quit, there are plenty to take your place. 15-20 years ago when employees were hard to find, they would bend over backwards for a good employee, now they feel they are a dime a dozen. This happens all the time.
    Linda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2