Default csa fitness classes

can anyone tell me what the csa fitness classes are like? i saw the list of classes offered, but would like to know if the pumping, spinning, cardio classes are high intensity and if there is a favourite cardio class that you had.
    what time does the gym open in the mornings?
    also, do we have to sign up for tennis lessons in advance? how much in advance and where do we sign-up?

We've done the spin, step and yoga classes at the CSA fitness center. The spin & step were taught by the resident fitness instructor and are pretty high intensity, which we love. Sometimes they have a guest instructor so it'll depend on the instructor as to the intensity level of the workout.

Not sure what time the gym opened as it was always opened before we got there in the morning. Never tried the tennis lessons at CSA but when we did it at CSS all you had to do was show up at the courts at, or a little before, the scheduled start time with no sign-up required. It may be the same at CSA. Hopefully you'll get more responses that'll help with your fitness planning while at CSA.

Enjoy!

Bart & Bug

They have an onsite fit pro, as well as a visiting fit pro. It all depends who the visiting pro is and how intense his/her workouts will be. From past experience, the class can be well worth your time and energy! I know Donovan (on site fit pro) can kick butt!

Again, it will all depend on who the visiting pro is as to the intensity of class.

As for the tennis, I believe you just show up unless you want one on one, but this could have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joteia View Post
    can anyone tell me what the csa fitness classes are like? i saw the list of classes offered, but would like to know if the pumping, spinning, cardio classes are high intensity and if there is a favourite cardio class that you had.
    what time does the gym open in the mornings?
    also, do we have to sign up for tennis lessons in advance? how much in advance and where do we sign-up?

We've done spin at CSA. The bikes are decent (not great, but good quality). We had a visiting pro who was very good - played good (to us) music (not techno-beat stuff, but songs with a beginning and end). Workout was intense, but not bootcamp quality (but you could certainly up the ante on your bike and make it more challenging that way). The morning spin classes were full when we were there.

My only gripe about spin was the timing. Either 9:30AM or 5:15PM. I was really hoping they'd do an 8:00 spin, as Im an early bird.

Also, for ease of workout, I'd definitely recommend using the gym before the day begins, as it gets pretty hot and muggy in the open-air gym. We've been there as early at 6:30AM, and while there was no one at the front desk to check us in and give us a towel, we were just able to go in and turn on the machines and go to town. It starts getting a little more active around 7:30 - 8:00AM.

We don't play tennis, but have walked around the courts and seen the lessons being given - for beginners, at least, it seems like a very mellow and supportive environment. I think it would be best to sign up for lessons in advance, rather than just showing up and hoping a pro is available....