Default When you first arrive at Couples, what do you recommend you do?

Make reservations for watersports?

Make reservaations for dinner?

Go to orientation?

Go straight to the bar/beach?

All of the above?

I just want to make sure we have all our bases covered!

Once we have our room we make our dinner reservations, our cat cruise reservations and walk over to the spa to book our massages.
    If you have never been to the resort, do an orientation tour.

check in
    make dinner reservations-if you care to that night or the next if you want a good time!
    if you've NEVER been to resort, take the tour, but they do run twice a day every day I believe so no need to rush into it/
    find room
    go to beach and get a drink AND enjoy the rest your vacation in Paradise!
    Enjoy!

When we arrive at CSA, we make dinner reservations and then hit the beach (we make sure we have bathing suits in carry on). If you're new, you may want to join the orientation to see what's up at your particular resort. You can check in with the watersports guys to see about the rhythm of reservations for whatever activities you're interested in. Some require reservations the night before, some are that morning - I think it depends on how busy the resort is.

Once you've covered this, then definitely just let the vibe of the resort direct you. You may find the sand gravity to be too powerful to overcome, or you may decide to go, go, go....In any case, I hope you have a fantastic time and enjoy all that Couples has to offer!

If we know where we want to eat that night hubby will make dinner reservations for that night while I am checking in. We then drop our stuff off in the room and immediately get changed to go to the bar and beach. We do go to orientation if it's a new resort.
    Honeymoon @ CSA 2010; CSS 2011 & 2012; CTI June 2013

Make dinner reservations if that is important to you (it was to us and we were happy to be able to eat dinner at the reservation-only restaurant twice during our stay). Then beach!

I always liked to run up the "on ramp" and join the fray. Swimming suit, beach and a rum based cocktail. Within the hour it feels like you never left the place.

We usually get in between noon and 2pm and as soon as we drop off our bags, sometimes in our room, sometimes at the front with Everest we head to the grill for some CTI jerk chicken. Second stop, the pool bar.
    Felicia and Josh
    Couples Negril Oct. '08
    Couples TI Nov. '09
    CTI and CSS Nov/Dec '10

With the 10am flight from Miami, we're at CSA by 1pm. If our room is ready, which it's usually not, we drop our bags there, change, and go to the grill for jerk chicken and patties, and then into the sea. If the room's not ready, we leave our bags with the staff and go to the grill. After the 90-minute ride, hunger is handled first. However, once we've dealt with the body, we must assuage the mind. Anyone seen Elvis?
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Go to your room, put on your swimsuit, pour a drink at the mini-bar, sit on the balcony, and CHILL OUT. The biggest mistake people make, because their sooo wound up, is getting to the resort and running all over the place trying to get things done. All this does is delay your relaxation. I know people make a big deal about orientations and reservations and such. We have never done an orientation, and we have never made a dinner reservation the day we arrived, and have been just fine. It's all about attitude and state of mind.

We usually go to the beach bar, have a Bob Marley and toast the beginning of our vacation, then go to sign up for a cat cruise.

Get a plate of jerk chicken and fries with a couple of beers to take to the room. Unpack as you eat. Then put on your suits and head to the beach.

Bathing suits,
    Bar,
    Beach

Pretty much in that order

find Elvis

We unpack, change to swimsuits, get a frozen drink and breathe deeply! Take in the flowers and grounds, sip our drinks and thank Ja we're home again! I wouldn't worry about reservations for dinner so much. The buffets are fantastick and there will be other nights to make plans for.

Once you get to the resort take a look at the view of the resort, if your room is ready go there drop off your stuff, change into a swim suit head to the beach bar get a Bob Marley shot, and you might wanna order a sweet mixed drink with it as a chaser lol your vacation has officially begun, go to the grill get a snapper sandwich and enjoy. No rush to make reservations you just need to remember to slow down and take it all in. After you eat then venture up and make any dinner reservations you want and then get back to the beach.
    I thought the scuba diving was the highlight of our trip first time me or my wife had ever done it, do the cat cruise aka booze cruise, get to know the ent. staff and dont be afraid to talk to people everyone there is on vacation so there in a good mood. If you relax and let go and open up I am sure you will make friends that you will be friends with for a long time after your trip. Tasty drinks to try Miami vice, dirty banana, hummingbird, jamaican jewel, are just to name a few. I wont tell you to have a good time I think you would really have to try very hard to not have a great time, the couples staff really go out of there way to make sure you have the best vacation possible.
    I have been home a week and I am ready to go back. Wife and I are planning our return trip, and we said we would never repeat a vacation spot.

Red stripe and beef pattys
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dank120 View Post
    Go to your room, put on your swimsuit, pour a drink at the mini-bar, sit on the balcony, and CHILL OUT. The biggest mistake people make, because their sooo wound up, is getting to the resort and running all over the place trying to get things done. All this does is delay your relaxation. I know people make a big deal about orientations and reservations and such. We have never done an orientation, and we have never made a dinner reservation the day we arrived, and have been just fine. It's all about attitude and state of mind.
    I agree. Our vacation starts as soon as we get to the lounge at the airport. Every Ting is No Problem Mon . We usually arrive around four pm. By twenty after four we are usually on the nekkid beach with our toes in the water and our a***s in the sand. Life is good again.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

When we arrived for the first time, we were on our honeymoon - we didn't get any sleep the night before (as we left 3 hours after our reception ended) so we checked into our room - relaxed for a little while.. got a drink from the mini bar and enjoyed the view. We then went to the beach grill to get a bite to eat. We didn't get to the property until 330pm, so we just really relaxed that night. The next morning we walked the whole property and made some reservations for dinner/water sports. We were there for 7 nights so we had time. Don't know if you're there only for a quick trip, but we never had any problems getting reservations.

Enjoy!!!

Go to the bathroom. It is a long drive after drinking Red Stripe on the way to the resort.

Kiss my wife and thank God we are there at Couples.... The perfect romantic getaway.

happy dance!

Go to bar and and take it all in!! You can always go to patios for dinner, don't put yourself on schedule!! We just got back Saturday and had a blast!!

Safetyal you made me laugh at your reply, because it is so true.