Thread: Airfare

Default Airfare

Hi Everyone...I'll be heading to CSS next April for my honeymoon! We're very excited but I've started to look at airfare and I'm considering booking now. The price from Charlotte to MBJ is $565 a seat, this seems reasonable to me. Does that sound about right or should I wait a bit. I'm just trying to get expenses out of the way as the wedding gets closer. Thanks everyone been reading the boards a while but this is my first post

Wait till Airtran posts their prices. It will save you at least $100/seat. We're going in April as well and I'm waiting. We've done this trip 4x before and it's worth the wait. Airtran is just as good as the others and more likely to be on time!
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

I am going to CN next April/May, and I have started looking but have not booked, I usually pay $400 for coach and $600 for first, but I have gone in August/September the previous four trips. I either fly thru Charlotte or Atlanta. Right now my April trip is running $450 and 850. I don't want to pay 850 for first, so I am going to wait, but I am not afraid to gamble on the price going up.

I would wait, I have seen them as low at $322, and that was a month before my travel date. We're leaving August 29th!

Book now - you'll be glad later. We booked our flight in Feb for our Oct trip (60 days!). The airfare was about $1100. It is now over $1700. I've been pricing a couple of times a week since booking (doubting myself) and have just watched the rates keep going up.

We are coming to CSS in aprils as well...we will be flying through Charlotte from indianapolis...for us, its only $425......the pricing is funny.... I have flown to Jamaica several times in April.... I would recommend you checkout website kayak.com set up an account that will send you daily prices on the reservation you are looking at..... I believe you can save maybe $50- $75pp if you wait......congratulations.....what does will you be arriving at CSS?

Oct 2012 - Miami to MBJ - $311 round trip
    April 2013 - Miami to MBJ - $332 round trip

Now, I don't know where you're coming from, but it's got to be cheap to fly into Miami in the summer from there. The outbound leg of this flight, on American Airlines, leaves at 10:05am and arrives at 10:55am (no daylight savings in Jamaica, mon.)
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Thank you everyone! This board really is great. We'll be there 4/22-4/29 so I think I may wait until 6 months out for the cheapers carriers to post fares (i.e. Airtran) however we'll see I get my quarterly bonus next week and I may be anxious and book

that is more than a flight from madison or milwaukee that connects in charlotte! airfare is just about the most frustrating thing out there! good luck! i'm on the hunt as well, but for thanksgiving week, which looks like it may just break the bank!

does Jet Blue fly from Charlotte . The fare from Orlando in mid week is about 260 pp rt

I've decided to wait a little bit but to feel accomplished I paid the $1200 I was going to use on airfare towards the Couples bill

Good call. I paid $507 from Los Angeles to Jamaica so I can't imagine spending more when you're so much closer. Hold out - you'll get a better price. (We too traveled on Airtran)

We will be going to CSS next April also, flying out of BWI. The best bet the past 2 years has been to book Air Tran in December.

If you check prices now for early to mid Dec. flights(not holiday weeks), that should be a similar price to what April flights will cost in Dec. It held out pretty closely that way last year. Good luck!

That sounds a bit high. We are going to MBJ from Jacksonville, FL next April for about $400 on AA.

Quote Originally Posted by JJMSBU09 View Post
    Hi Everyone...I'll be heading to CSS next April for my honeymoon! We're very excited but I've started to look at airfare and I'm considering booking now. The price from Charlotte to MBJ is $565 a seat, this seems reasonable to me. Does that sound about right or should I wait a bit. I'm just trying to get expenses out of the way as the wedding gets closer. Thanks everyone been reading the boards a while but this is my first post