Default CTI First Timers...Just A Few Questions!

We will be arriving for our first Couples vacation on Sept 5th and staying through Sept 12th at CTI! We are very excited! We will be celebrating my 25th birthday, my boyfriend's 22nd birthday, AND our 1 year anniversary which is on Sept 10th! I have read some of the forum posts and see that we will be a relatively young couple in comparison to others. I hope we will fit right in!

I, for one, am pretty excited about the AN island. My boyfriend, however, is not so sure he wants to try it. I think it will be a freeing and once in a lifetime experience. He is worried of what people will think, but I keep telling him NO ONE CARES! I also think he doesn't want other men seeing me in the nude! Someone who has some words of encouragement for this, please help me out! Also, is there just a topless beach if he doesn't want to go completely nude?

On the main beach, are Brazilian cut swimsuits allowed? Or thongs? I will most likely opt for the Brazilian cut, but want to make sure this is acceptable.

I am also worried about the size of the main beach and want to make sure we don't run out of activities to do since we are staying 7 nights. What are your MUST DO activities?

Anyone know if there is an excursion to the cliffs in Negril? If so, what is the cost? And how far away from CTI?

The boyfriend doesn't like massages (I know!) but I will likely get a massage and a facial. What are the spa services you recommend and what would you recommend he do while I get the massage? (We have the $300 credit)

On our anniversary, I would like to book a private dinner and I've read the island dinner is excellent. If we were to book one, what is the general cost? And when do we book?

If you let the resort know it is your anniversary or maybe an engagement (!!!!!) do they give special services or upgrades?

These are all of the questions I can think of for now, but any additional advice, tips, or things to do will be greatly appreciated!

-Whitney

Name:  Spring 2012 347.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  44.2 KB

I found an answer to my question as to the cost of private dinners.

Thought of another question: We have a deluxe ocean room. How are these rooms? And how are the views?

You are right, No one cares. We have noticed that most a/n beaches are usually an older crowd or Europeans. Europeans are not so hung up on nudity.
    Just try it, if you do not like it then you can leave. You will meet more people on the a/n side, they seem friendlier.

Any bathing suit is fine, you will see all kinds.

Negril is a long way from Ocho Rios, you can go to Dunns River Falls, that is very close. You can take a trip into town

We usually do not leave the resort now because we have been so many times.

First off, Congratulations, you are going to love Couples. Post your questions about AN on the Au Natural link at the top of the page. You'll get more replies there.

Any type of bathing suit is fine on the main beach, but it must be worn at all times.

Just a suggestion here: I know you want to do activities, but don't forget to get in some relaxing time.

I got my first massage at CTI our first time there in 2007. Please tell you boyfriend to at least give it a shot. I never thought I would enjoy it, but let me tell you, it was awesome! I'm not a big fan of back massages so next time I will ask to skip that part and just work on my legs, arms, hands and feet. Nothing sexual about it if that happens to be a concern of his.

Sorry I couldn't answer all your questions but you can get your answers on the FAQ link.

Enjoy

First off, when my GF and I went last time, she was ALL about going to the island, (she was 23 and I was 31) but like your BF, I was wary at best. When we got there, I committed to go even if it was for a short time because I knew she wanted to go so badly. When we got there, we found a small perch where we could just lay facing the ocean which minimized the "view", but I was very happy I did it. We stayed for an hour or 2 so I made sure I used enough suntan lotion lol

If you wanted to go topless, you can do that at the end of the pier only. Any type of suit is fine there, just bring coverups for when you go to snack or run back to the room.

You will find yourself not rushing around to do every activity possible. Make sure you sign up for SCUBA sooner rather than later due to limited spaces per day and be prepared to spend 5 or so hours prepping and going on the dive. Also, make sure you both go waterskiing... that is the one thing we didn't do and wish we did.

Negril is probably a 5 hour drive from CTI so I would stick to the local attractions. If you like coffee, I would go to the Blue Mountain tour, we are totally obsessed with Blue Mountain now. Seek out Dunn River Falls as well - Go Sunday if you can as there are no cruise ships and you can get in and out without much hassle.

.... what else... I do not believe they do anything for engagements or anniversaries, but you could always ask concierge!

Lastly - we LOVED our stay at CTI and will go back eventually, this time we got a great deal for CSA so we're headed there in December. I hope you 2 have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney&Ryan View Post
    I, for one, am pretty excited about the AN island. My boyfriend, however, is not so sure he wants to try it. I think it will be a freeing and once in a lifetime experience. He is worried of what people will think, but I keep telling him NO ONE CARES! I also think he doesn't want other men seeing me in the nude! Someone who has some words of encouragement for this, please help me out! Also, is there just a topless beach if he doesn't want to go completely nude?When you get to the island NO ONE CARES what you look like. Check out the AN mega thread. The only place you can be topless at CTI is at the end of the pier.

On the main beach, are Brazilian cut swimsuits allowed? Or thongs? I will most likely opt for the Brazilian cut, but want to make sure this is acceptable.I have seen many styles of swim wear including a see through in 2011.

I am also worried about the size of the main beach and want to make sure we don't run out of activities to do since we are staying 7 nights. What are your MUST DO activities? Must do?? Sitting on my lounger watching the waves. There are planned activities and games, some on the beach, some at the pool and some in the game room. There is basket weaving, cooking class, tie dye along with game like volleyball and newlywed type games.

Anyone know if there is an excursion to the cliffs in Negril? If so, what is the cost? And how far away from CTI?You can get just about any excursion you can think of for a price. Negril is about 3 hours from Ocho Rios, so that is 6 hours on the road.

The boyfriend doesn't like massages (I know!) but I will likely get a massage and a facial. What are the spa services you recommend and what would you recommend he do while I get the massage? (We have the $300 credit)I had a seaweed wrap this last trip $120 and a facial $110. I get a facial every year and love them. I hope to get the wrap next year. Your boyfriend can sit on the beach, go to the bar, snorkeling, windsurfing, kayaking. He can do just about anything while you are at the spa.

On our anniversary, I would like to book a private dinner and I've read the island dinner is excellent. If we were to book one, what is the general cost? And when do we book? $250 and you can book prior to arrival or wait until you get to the resort. Saturday is the poolside gala and Monday is the Beach Party.

If you let the resort know it is your anniversary or maybe an engagement (!!!!!) do they give special services or upgrades?Everyone is there for a special event, so it's unrealistic to think you would get upgrades or special services for this events. If you return for a honeymoon, you will get a free massage and champagne. But then you can get champagne in your mini bar now also.

These are all of the questions I can think of for now, but any additional advice, tips, or things to do will be greatly appreciated!

-Whitney
    Don't get too caught up in doing everything. Relax and enjoy your time with each other.
    Vicky

OH and we stayed in the ocean view rooms down to the far left from the lobby (if you are looking at the ocean) 5th floor. Here is a view I took our first morning at about 6AM - Loved it! Hope this works!

Name:  2011-09-23_07-11-10_110.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  22.5 KB

Congrats! Lots to celebrate. We were married at CSA and have celebrated one anniversary at CSS (so far... more to come... back to CSA). We had a deluxe ocean room at CTI. (I assume you mean deluxe ocean, not deluxe garden?) They are in buildings 1 and 4. We were in building 4 on the first floor. Even the first floor is up a bit and we had a stunning view out over the pool and across to Tower Isle. It's a good location (not that there are bad locations). You will have a great time.

Thank you everyone! Definitely going to do the Dunn's River Falls, and thanks Bricks41 for the tip to go on Sunday! Is the water skiing included? Glad to know the rooms have great views!

How far is the shuttle from the Montego Bay airport? Do we need to let the resort know when our flight is coming in or does the shuttle go at set times of day? How do we book our dinner reservations and scuba beforehand? Sorry for all the questions, I just like being prepared as much as possible!

You are very welcome! We read about the Sunday trick before we left in Sept 2011. I think the shuttle departs at like 9-10am and we were back by 12-1pm. We were the only shuttles there when it opened and the overall flow was very light... another great tip if you don't want to be part of the whole "divide and conquer" shopping experience - when you are walking back to the shuttle, when you can go to the left away from the little village of shops, please do. We had 2 guys try to make us think we weren't allowed to go that way, but it is just a direct route back to the parking lot.

At Couples, waterskiing is included in the cost! The Couples' lounge in the airport will take care of your shuttle, but if you booked through a website or agent, transfers will be listed on your documents. The shuttle ride is a bit of a haul, almost 2 hours with a short stop if the driver decides. Scenery is interesting, i.e. goats walking in the street, people making dangerous passes into oncoming traffic, etc.

You have a sheet you complete upon arrival where you identify your dinner reservation options/choices. SCUBA can be done when you arrive, just go down to the dive shack (directly out the front lobby towards the ocean, down the stairs to your left) speak to the guys there and reserve your slot. Please let me know if you have any more questions!! We loved CTI and like to talk about it whenever possible!

Dunns River is the biggest draw for visitors in the Ocho area. , I think on Sundays there are no cruise ships there but that can change. We were there in March on a cruise and went with our friends so they could climb the falls. Even with several big ships there it was not that crowded. They space you out pretty good

The shuttle is almost 2 hours from MoBay, it is not really that far but most of the roads are only 2 lanes and the traffic near the airport can be slow, it can be a faster trip if you ask the driver not to stop for drinks about 1/2 way. The shuttles are vans or little busses and they usually try to fill them up before making the trip, there is no set schedule for the trips to the resort but they leave often after a plane arrives.

Take some $1 bills for tips at the airport, there is no tipping once you get to CTI but you need to tip the baggage guys at the airport.

I do not think they will let you make any reservations before you get there, we have not really had any problems getting dinner reservations but we tend to eat late.

We are looking forward to our first trip to CTI on 09/03.