Thread: secrets of CTI!

Default secrets of CTI!

I love the thread Secrets of CN and CSA started by another member, but since we're heading to CTI for Oct, I'm stealing the idea and asking for your secrets of CTI!
    Ralph <3 Karla

2005 Photo contest winners

I would LOVE to hear some too!!!

BUMPING! I would love to see this thread filled with secrets

What happens at CTI stays at CTI
    Allan and Angie

Feeling extravagant?? Stay in a villa suite on the grounds. They have their own pool and outdoor showers. Feeling energetic?? Take a power walk with Alford up the Jamaican countryside through the jungle and back down through a "subdivision". Feeling horticultural? Take a walk with one of the gardeners in the morning. You can see the private orchid collection and find out where the avocados & breadfruit grow on the property.
    Vicky

Get up early, grab a coffee and watch the sunrise. Then take a nice relaxing dip in the ocean. Not much of a secret, but very few are up that early to enjoy it. (Possibly alcohol related)

Also, don't miss the martini night on the roof. This was our 3rd trip to CTI but our first time up on the roof. I didn't know it existed.

Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    Feeling extravagant?? Stay in a villa suite on the grounds. They have their own pool and outdoor showers.
    any idea how much those villas are per night?
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Quote Originally Posted by VaCouple View Post
    The Villas as far as I know are only used for "over bookings" now as you cannot even book them online anywhere and when you see one you'll understand why. We stayed or first night in one due to the fact they had no room in our category available. It was a very nice experience but the Villas are in DIRE need of renovations. They would have been a real class act in the 70's and 80s and they tell me they are going to be overhauled within the next couple of years. We were moved into our Deluxe Ocean the next day and do not regret it. We also found the villas were too secluded and very dark inside even when the curtains were opened. They'd be perfect for Couples who want to have a lot of private and intimate time together. I am willing to bet you that if they are not @ capacity the week you are there and you asked them to try one for a night they would probably let you for no extra $$. They consider them upgrades @ the front desk but won't be until they are renovated. I'd ask to see if you could try one for a night.. It is worth the experience.

Don't forget to visit the parrots in the garden trail and the smoked marlin sandwich @ he beach Veggie Bar! To me, they're more wonders than secrets I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by VaCouple View Post
    Not sure, read at one time they were over $700 a night. The down side is they are not near the ocean but at the back of the property. We were in one back when the spa was in building 4 and someone had left the water in a bathtub on and it flooded everything including the spa below the rooms.
    Vicky