Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Default Catamaran at CTI

    We were at CTI last January and are going back this coming January. I was wondering the status of the Catamaran. They said that the one they had was damaged and hopefully it would be coming back.

    Secondly has anybody done any tours that go up into the mountains to see the beautiful country up there? We have not done it yet but would like to.

  2. #2

    Default

    We aren't sure about the catamaran but we can tell you to venture out off the resort. We have been all over the island, been up in the mountains a few times, including a Blue Mountain coffee plantation tour. We love to see the island, meet the locals and find new places to visit/explore. Let me know if you would like any suggestions. If you want awesome ice cream, Devon House ice cream is the bomb. The best place to have it is at Devon House in Kingston- a 45 minute drive with the Toll road now. We've been to Kingston a few times too, lots to see, including Port Royal and Bob Marley Museum.

  3. #3

    Default

    We toured the plantation almost directly across from CSS and thoroughly enjoyed it. You take a tractor pulled tram up to the top of the mountain, with quick stops along they way where your guide will give you information about the fauna and views. At the top, you get to tour the estate house and grounds. Since it is so close to the resort, you are back before lunch, and are not wasting time on a tour bus. We booked it through the tour desk at the resort.

  4. #4

    Default

    So, I booked back in February before this new incentive with the extra excursions. I inquired about this due to hubby and I celebrating my 50th bday and our 23rd wedding anniversary on 8/6. I got redirected to something else...oy. I wonder if the cat isn't in working order, is there a substitute or does anyone know? We've done everything else, but hubby always looks forward to the cat cruise. Help! Thanks

    CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

  5. #5

    Default

    Thanks everyone. I am really looking forward to the trip and can't wait to see a lot of the island.

  6. #6

    Default

    I'm surprised no-one has suggested the Blue Hole - definitely worth it - you can leave in the morning and be back by lunch:

    http://coolblueholeochorios.com/

    Probably the best excursion we've done.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    We toured the plantation almost directly across from CSS and thoroughly enjoyed it. You take a tractor pulled tram up to the top of the mountain, with quick stops along they way where your guide will give you information about the fauna and views. At the top, you get to tour the estate house and grounds. Since it is so close to the resort, you are back before lunch, and are not wasting time on a tour bus. We booked it through the tour desk at the resort.
    Was there an extra cost for this excursion? This sounds like something that my wife would really enjoy.

    Thanks,

    Steve

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    So, I booked back in February before this new incentive with the extra excursions. I inquired about this due to hubby and I celebrating my 50th bday and our 23rd wedding anniversary on 8/6. I got redirected to something else...oy. I wonder if the cat isn't in working order, is there a substitute or does anyone know? We've done everything else, but hubby always looks forward to the cat cruise. Help! Thanks
    Can the powers that be answer this? Thanks! We leave Friday

    CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

  9. #9

    Default

    Hello. We just got back and they do the Catamaran but they take you via shuttle about 15 minutes from the resort to the Cool Runnings party boat.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovetotravel05 View Post
    Hello. We just got back and they do the Catamaran but they take you via shuttle about 15 minutes from the resort to the Cool Runnings party boat.
    Thank you!
    We just got back and everything was great; however, my back is a bit sore due to rough waters at times.
    All is good!
    Thanks, again!

    CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Was there an extra cost for this excursion? This sounds like something that my wife would really enjoy.

    Thanks,

    Steve
    Yes Steve, it was not included, but I believe it was less than $100 for the two of us, and I thought well worth it.

  12. #12

    Default

    We love Negril but am considering CTI...is the cat cruise always a bit rough??? We love the calm cruise off the cliffs in Negril and are afraid Ochi might be too rough. Thanks!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Yes Steve, it was not included, but I believe it was less than $100 for the two of us, and I thought well worth it.
    Thanks Artie.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ginjoe View Post
    We love Negril but am considering CTI...is the cat cruise always a bit rough??? We love the calm cruise off the cliffs in Negril and are afraid Ochi might be too rough. Thanks!
    I would say normally no; however, it was quite windy and rained a bit while we were there. No problem mon!

    CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

  15. #15

    Default

    Any updates from someone who has been there recently? It was nice when the catamaran pick you up on the pier......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •