Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I hope these "complainers" never visit a European Beach. Their eyes may fall out.
    Last edited by Vickyj; September 6th, 2012 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to all:

The bottom line is that when we did allow women to go topless on the main beach, there were ongoing complaints. Maybe times have changed, but we are still concerned about changing our current policy which limits topless sunbathing to the end of the pier and total nudity to Tower Island.
    Just out of curiosity Randymon, what were the complaints? Doesn't make sense to me.

Karen

I think it's not allowed at CTI is because the beach area is small and close to the restaurants, lobby, etc. At CSA & CSS the beach area is large and away from public places. Not everyone who goes to CTI wants to be topless on the beach or for that matter sit close to someone who is. Again, the beach area is small and to me that is the difference between CTI and the other Couples resorts. I think it should be left at the pier.
    Dianavr

You can't cater to the vocal minority. For example I am VERY anti-smoking. If I compalin about smoking on the beach will they be banned to the end of the pier?
    Heck women go topless in Central Park in New York.......it's legal
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to all:

The bottom line is that when we did allow women to go topless on the main beach, there were ongoing complaints. Maybe times have changed, but we are still concerned about changing our current policy which limits topless sunbathing to the end of the pier and total nudity to Tower Island.
    CTI definetly not in our future, will try CSS next and hopefully continue with Couples, but there are many other locations in Jamaica that are adult only and may have to give them a try.

There is no shade and no way to have shade at the pier. Not everyone likes to sit in the sun.........
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by redy4vac View Post
    There is no shade and no way to have shade at the pier. Not everyone likes to sit in the sun.........
    Isn't that the whole point of "sunbathing topless"? :-p

The poll is overwhelmingly one-sided, and we're pro-change.

First and foremost I have no problems with any type of nudity so lets get that straight....
    BUT what I do want to say is if there are rules at any resort whether it be Couples or another and the rules are one's that you do not accept, then remember you are a paying customer and it is your choice to either pay for a resort that allows all of the things you want out of a vacation or you find another option that fits the bill. Life in general can not be perfect for every person but you can choose to love everything it has to offer including certain rules or you can choose to complain about things and find yourself obsessing about something you really have the control over. We could all complain about some sort of rule or another and where would it get us - no where other than wasting time that could be focused on better things. Life is too short....

Quote Originally Posted by jamaica97 View Post
    First and foremost I have no problems with any type of nudity so lets get that straight....
    BUT what I do want to say is if there are rules at any resort whether it be Couples or another and the rules are one's that you do not accept, then remember you are a paying customer and it is your choice to either pay for a resort that allows all of the things you want out of a vacation or you find another option that fits the bill. Life in general can not be perfect for every person but you can choose to love everything it has to offer including certain rules or you can choose to complain about things and find yourself obsessing about something you really have the control over. We could all complain about some sort of rule or another and where would it get us - no where other than wasting time that could be focused on better things. Life is too short....
    It seems like complaining DID work for some people......
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Jamaica 97, I think the whole point of this thread is that a minority did complain and the rules were changed and now the majority are speaking up. I would have thought majority rules if that's how things are decided. If people don't want to see topless women on a beach then I would suggest staying in the US.

My wife has been visiting the beach topless for basically her entire life, being born in Italy than moving to the States but vacationing with family many a summer in Italy so she is very comfortable this way and at this point does not even notice the looks or stares or angry faces of others, to be segregated to the pier would and required to have to put on a top to go to the beach or take a dip in the ocean would be basically not worth the trouble so she would never even consider visiting CTI. Sometimes modifications have to be made until than we will visit elsewhere as we are accustomed to those who can not simply handle the sight of a womens breast.
    Living in New Jersey we actually have beaches here along with all beaches in New York that permit topless, its a small minority that participate but they have the choice and these beaches are packed with people of all ages and nationalities and if they can accept the fact after a bout 5 minutes of seeing someone topless I certainly think Couples should reconsider their restriction and segregation at CTI. Topless has been something taking place in Jamaica since my fist visit in 1972 its not like we are talking about some new concept here.

I hope it changes as well. We're actually ANers and hit the island when we visit CTI but we would not enjoy sitting in the sun on the pier. We always grab some shade and sink our toes in the sand.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Hi 1stimers:

That's not a fair option. In many cases women are comfortable topless but men are not comfortable nude. Insisting on the Island might inhibit some men. No beach at the Island and limited facilities. Time to mature and permit topless on the beach and at least one pool (swimup).

Regarding other posts on this subject, referring to Hedonism is not a fair comparison. Hedo has many singles and caters to a "party" crowd. The big attraction of Couples is its insistence on Couples. The fairest comparison is with Desire. An intimate, sensual and romantic, non-judgmental interlude with your significant other is what Couples should be attempting to achieve.

Just an opinion.

Dennis & Louise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2