Default Our CSA and Couples ressorts review (not what you think) - must read

I, and should say we, hope this really gets posted. This review is not what you think, although it is a review of how lucky every Couples family memeber really is..... I would even hope the review gets us a three day trip like the winning photos do! My wife (Amanda) and I (Jason) were married on the wonderful CSA beach in 2010, and oh my goodness, we could not rave enough about how we were treated like rock stars the entire week. We had such a wonderful time we went back the following year (2011). As it has become a tradition to go somewhere for our anniversery for this year we thought we might do something different and went to St. Lucia and tried out a S resort. So you wonder where the review is.......

Our fellow Couples family memebers and for those yet to join our family, we really have no idea how lucky and blessed we our to have an orginization like Couples!

First of all, lets talk about what we all look at the PRICE - It is $2000 - $3000 cheaper for us to go to Couples than it was that other resort. I dont know about you but price does matter, and now that our trip is over, I am really sad that my hard earned money did not go to the Couples resorts this year, I am so sorry......

Second, lets talk about STAFF. The staff from top to bottom or bottom to top really do want to make sure your stay at Couples is the best possible vacation you can have. From EVERYONE saying goodmorning, good afternoon, or good evening, making you feel like you are at home, like you are part of the family. The staff at Couples WANTS to know your name, they WANT to know where you are from and they WANT to know what they can do for you. The staff at the S resort, I felt like we were a just another number or better yet a dollar sign. While some said hello, I felt as if most of the staff at the S resorts could have cared less wether we were there or not. I again am sad and sorry that this year I did not get to see our familiar family members of the staff.........

Third, lets talk about the RESORT. While we have only been to CSA and Negirl. The resorts are not only what you would expect on a carribean vacation but more. The rooms are plentiful and the views are gorgeous. All you have to do is look in one direction or another and I can see beach and ocean. Heck I can close my eyes anywhere on the resort and hear the OCEAN. The resort at the S resort, well I got to see other hotel rooms and never could hear the ocean. The rooms were hotelish, not like the ATRIUM rooms that we love !!!!!

I guess I really dont know where I am going with this, but if you have stayed at a Couples resort you will understand. Hopefully some new honeymooners will read this and know they have made the right choice by staying at Couples or it will help them sway them to our family. I could go on and on about the advantages or Couples but I write this while I am trying to work so sorry about leaving things out and any spelling issues

Randy, and to all the loyal Couples staff and repeat guests and family members, we are sorry we strayed. But it was a great learning experience. We learned........ We know.......We love our "home away from home" even more..........

For people in love, there is only one place to be...................... Couples Resorts

Soon come 2013

Jason and Amanda

Couples is the best. Not sure which S resort you visited. We went a few years back after being at Couples for a few years. While we did enjoy our trip and the resort, it was S. Halcyon, we have never ventured from Couples again. We visited the other 2 resorts on St.Lucia and were glad we chose the one we had as the others were too snobbish for our taste. We have mostly been to CSA and once to CSS. This year we are going to do a split with CN/CSA. You are so correct in saying that newcomers have made the right choice in choosing a Couples resort and it is a home away from home.

We almost picked a S resort as our first trip to the Caribbean. But then we found out about Couples. Have not regretted our decision. October 2013 can't come soon enough. (Our next trip to CSS) This message board is another reason we went with Couples. I must admit I am a message boardaholic.

[QUOTE=

Second, lets talk about STAFF. The staff from top to bottom or bottom to top really do want to make sure your stay at Couples is the best possible vacation you can have. From EVERYONE saying goodmorning, good afternoon, or good evening, making you feel like you are at home, like you are part of the family. The staff at Couples WANTS to know your name, they WANT to know where you are from and they WANT to know what they can do for you. The staff at the S resort, I felt like we were a just another number or better yet a dollar sign. While some said hello, I felt as if most of the staff at the S resorts could have cared less wether we were there or not. I again am sad and sorry that this year I did not get to see our familiar family members of the staff.........

Jason and Amanda[/QUOTE]

Sorry you had to venture elsewhere but it's one of those things that if you hadn't gone you would have regretted it. The most glaring difference to me is what you said in comparing staff from another resort to Couples. Lets face it... Resorts, including Couples are in business to make money. The biggest difference (not counting the Issa Foundation) is you never get the feeling of being treated like you have a dollar sign stamped on your forehead at a Couples resort. Our last trip to a resort in Florida had us shaking our heads in disbelief on how different we were treated. They thought they ran a fine resort.. we knew better. The Couples staff really do care about making your trip a memorable one. That's what brings us back!

See you April 22, 2012 at CTI.

Don

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!

Last October we came within seconds of booking the halcyon at st lucia but the airline bumped the fares by £1000 so we didnt book. I was so disappointed and then spent forever trawling reviews for resorts in the Caribbean.

I came across one over and over again - CSA. We took the plunge and booked. Now we are 52 days away from arriving and I can't wait!!

I feel we've read so much about it and poured over thousands of photos and videos that it is already familiar.

Thanks for reinforcing our choice is the right one

Jason & Amanda
    My husband and I made the same mistake in February 2012.
    When we decided to take our vacation last year we brought along my sister and her husband. We wanted them to experience the ambience of Couples and we assured them they would have a fantastic time. We had all agreed on CTI, but at the last minute decided to go to St. Lucia and S La Toc as a recommendation by our travel agent (who was also my brother). We didn't know how lucky we were at Couples!! I did post a message on this board about our experience - a very detailed explanation - on how Couples excels over the other resort. We too felt like walking dollar signs.

I told my husband that in 2013 we will be going back to Couples.....the money is already saved and put away for February or March 2013 for a week at this fantastic home away from home. If we can save a little extra, I would love to be able to spend 2 weeks in Jamaica. One week at CN and another week at either CTI or CSA. Maybe we will try the Secret Rendevous for the 2nd week?

If we had known then what we know now, we would have stuck with CTI. That is not to say that we would never venture to another resort/country again. It just means that when I want to spend some quality time with my husband and best friend, the only choice is Couples. The best rest, relax and ROMANCE resort around!! Nothing even comes close in comparison!

Soon to be coming Home.....2013
    Stacey & Travis

Quote Originally Posted by oma parrothead View Post
    We almost picked a S resort as our first trip to the Caribbean. But then we found out about Couples. Have not regretted our decision. October 2013 can't come soon enough. (Our next trip to CSS) This message board is another reason we went with Couples. I must admit I am a message boardaholic.
    OMG - When I was counting down the days until my June 2012 Jamaica vacation (Not Couples) and I was anxious to hear anything and everything about the resort we were going to, I would have died to have a message board--or even an FAQ section for crying out loud.

Now that I'm counting down the days until my CSA vacation.. I am Loooooooooooooooving having the message board again... Before I went on my "Non-Couples" Couples only vacation I wouldn't even look at the Couples Message board.. I didn't want to tease myself!

Thanks to everyone writing about other destinations....I have never traveled much so when my kids grew up my husband book me my dream trip to Jamaica. We found CSA on the internet and took the chance on it. I had intended to do Jamaica one year then follow it up by other exotic vacations however when we finally got to CSA and spent our time making new friends and just spending time being together I was confused about visiting other destinations. We found the perfect place on the first try not often does that happen for me. This is the only resort I have ever been to and I have absolutely no desire to go to another yet I felt guilty about now seeing other islands and the more I read about people straying the more I feel good about saying I just want to go back home to CSA. If you have never been on a scale of 1-10 CSA was an 11 to us. See ya in 2013.

We just back Saturday from CSA, me and hubby Ken have traveled all over, and found this is def our home now!! We renewed our vows after 25 years and had the most Amazing experience, pics are amazing!! I have posted some on their website!! Don't go anywhere else we have been to them all and this is hands down # 1!!! Already booking another trip!!
    Lori and Ken Love

I'm so glad to read this! My fiancé and I were so torn between booking our honeymoon at couples swept away and the S resort in St. Lucia. I must have looked for hours and hours at both and finally we chose couples! We can't wait until next summer! Thanks for posting, sounds like we made the right choice!