Default Negril vs. swept away- which one is better!?

Hey everyone,

My Fiance & I are planning our honeymoon for May 2013! We are trying to decide if we should go to Negril or Swept away? Through the website we don't really see many differences between the two. so what are the positives and negatives of the two?

Any and all feedback you can share with us would be great so we can make our decision!

Thanks! =)

Congrats on your upcoming honeymoon. Most will agree that there is no better or best between any of the Couples Resorts. There's only different and it all comes down to what you're looking for in a resort.

CSA is a larger (longer beachline), more spread-out resort with different building types depending on room category:
    - Atriums, beachfront and premier beachfront suites are in smaller buildings with fewer rooms grouped together.
    - Garden, ocean and beachfront verandah suites are in taller buildings.
    - Great House verandah and jacuzzi suites are in the Great House.
    The rooms are more centrally located with the dining, pool and entertainment facilities being located at either end of the resort. The sports complex and spa are across the road (they will help you cross safely).

CN is a shorter, but deeper (beachline wise) resort. There are 9 3-story buildings in which you'll find your different categories of rooms. The dining, pool and entertainment facilities are more centrally located with the rooms being more peripheral. There isn't a sports complex but lots of volleyball available on the beach. Oh by the way...CN offers a secluded, from the rest of the resort, AN beach.

We've been to both resorts and have different things about each that we love. Hopefully you'll be able to find the one that is just perfect for you.

Best wishes,

Bart & Bug

Inthesun did a pretty good summation of both: http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...light=inthesun

CSA is the largest of the Couples resorts and that makes it never feel crowded. More restaurants (located on both ends of the resort), the largest sports facility maybe of any resort on the whole island, many free standing beach villa type buildings with winding lush walkways between them to avoid the hotel feel of most resorts. CSA pools are on the smaller side as the Seven Mile Beach is the big draw. If you like to take long beach walks past other resorts or local shops this is the place for you. Usually, though, people fall in love with whatever is the first Couples Resort they visit.

Bart & Bug great comparison. CSA fans trying CN next time.

Quote Originally Posted by brennie View Post
    Bart & Bug great comparison. CSA fans trying CN next time.
    Thanks! It's always worth trying another Couples Resort just to see the difference. We've stayed at all of them and love each one in a different way because each have different things to offer.
    Last edited by Bart and Bug; August 24th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.

CN has a nude beach where CSA has none. We stayed at CSA and LOVED it. I really enjoyed the beach and the choice in restaurants, which CSA has more of also, but one is probably calling to you more then the others. As someone once said ( I forgot who) Flip a coin and when it's in the air you will know which one you are rooting for.

I like that coin flip story. Will apply that to many "deadlocked" decisions.

We will be doing our 5th return trip to CSA in a few weeks. As someone above stated, the first Couples resort you go to is the one you fall in love with. We are planning to do the swap to CN for one day this year, just to see what it's like. Not sure what's all entailed with that but I'm hoping we get a tour of the place and get to look at some of the room options. The pictures of CN look very nice.

That said, we love CSA. We got to know a lot of the people there. It's great to come back and have folks remember you. Last year I walked up to the pool side bar by Patois. I didn't remember the bartenders name right off but he remembered me. And he remembered what I liked. Fixed me a proper rum and pepsi before I even asked for it. Now THAT absolutely mind blowing service!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    We will be doing our 5th return trip to CSA in a few weeks. As someone above stated, the first Couples resort you go to is the one you fall in love with. We are planning to do the swap to CN for one day this year, just to see what it's like. Not sure what's all entailed with that but I'm hoping we get a tour of the place and get to look at some of the room options. The pictures of CN look very nice.

That said, we love CSA. We got to know a lot of the people there. It's great to come back and have folks remember you. Last year I walked up to the pool side bar by Patois. I didn't remember the bartenders name right off but he remembered me. And he remembered what I liked. Fixed me a proper rum and pepsi before I even asked for it. Now THAT absolutely mind blowing service!
    When we did the Trading Places over to CN from CSA we happened to get there about the time they did the orientation tour. We did that so as to get the "lay of the land". The person doing the orientation was very accommodating and showed us a couple room options we were interested in. This helped us to decide to go there on our trip the following year. Enjoy your stay at CSA and visit to CN!

Bart & Bug

We faced this question 8 years ago. We ultimately decided on CN because there were fewer room choices and we weren't sports nuts.
    We've been back to CN 6 times -- and headed for #7 later this year. That's not to say CSA isn't great . . . but we found that CN was perfect for us.

The reasons we love CN . . . the beach is large compared to the number of visitors, so it's never crowded, even when the resort is full. The pool is fantastic. The food is great. There are only two room types (room and suite) so there aren't a lot of choices, which can be helpful if you have trouble making choices. Being on Bloody Bay means few resorts nearby and a totally calm sea.

From what I've read, CSA is great for those who are into sports and who may want a broader choice of rooms. And the resort is larger. And it's on 7-mile beach which means you can walk . . . forever.

You can't go wrong with either. Read about both and go with your gut . . . you won't go wrong.

I agree you will love the 1st one you stay at. We just returned from CN. We did the trading places at CSA. Had we gone to CSA first I'm sure we'd have been very happy. But since we were coming from CN, I was anxious to get back. CSA- the rooms are much better, louvered windows, crisp decor. Beach is long and within walking distance of Margaritaville. Also have little thatched roof umbrella type shaded areas at CSA but plenty of trees & shade at CN too. Beach is longer at CSA but deeper at CN. I loved the bay at CN (can still walk a great deal from the rocks at Breezes to the far side of 2nd RIU). Really liked that the pool was the central hub of the CN resort (everything flowed through this area so see & interact more with all the other guests (much larger & nicer than 2 pools at CSA- just my opinion people!). CN has gym & fitness classes. Didn't visit at CSA because it was across a very busy street (crazy drivers) but I have heard that the facility is much larger & nicer. Guess if you are very fit, you can dodge the speeding cars w/o problem- ha ha! Staff & guests were great at both. I really don't think you can go wrong either way. Good luck! Please let us know your decision and then your review when you return.

La La land - There are crossing guards manning the road at all hoursof the day, never had a problem crossing the street. It can appear daunting but no worries!!