Hybrid View

Default Anyone used TimAir from Montego Bay to CTI???

Anyone used TimAir from Montego Bay to CTI? How long is the flight? It looks scary! Please give me any information on this. Thanks
    Ralph <3 Karla

2005 Photo contest winners

I have, but it's been a few years. It was great! The flight was beautiful and quick. We saved a ton of time and it was well worth it. I have read recently that the prices have gone up to Ocho Rios so I'm not sure if we will do it this time or not. My biggest beef with the shuttle is stopping - I just want to GET there! When you stop you lose a good half hour easy. With the flight you're there in less than half the time including the shuttle from the Ochi airport to the resort!
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

Hi Susan,
    I TOTALLY agree with you about the shuttle stopping--I hate it! When we get on the shuttle, and if there are multiple couples I ask immediately if anyone thinks they may want to stop. If anyone says yes I simply point out that Couples our vacation begins when we reach the resort, and why stop and pay for over-priced roadside Redstripe when you can get all drinks you want for FREE once we reach the resort. This method hasn't failed me yet!

One Love,
    suzyQ

Anyone know the rates?

Quote Originally Posted by sorcron View Post
    Anyone know the rates?
    Just got an email from them today w/ current rates-
    The current one-way price to charter a plane for 2 passengers is US $536.00, inclusive of all fees and taxes. The round trip price is US $1,072.00.

These rates are valid for 30 days.

I will stick with the shuttle!!! I paid less than that to fly TO Jamaica. Negril w/ int'l airlink is only 75 per person each way.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

[QUOTE=calgontakemeaway;187744]Just got an email from them today w/ current rates-
    The current one-way price to charter a plane for 2 passengers is US $536.00, inclusive of all fees and taxes. The round trip price is US $1,072.00.

$536 to save an hour? NO WAY! I'm not sure about anyone else, but my husband and I sure don't make $500 an hour. $1000+ for round trip? As mentioned before, my entire flight from the states doesn't cost that. I'd much rather save the $1000 and put it towards my NEXT couples vacation, thank you very much.

That price will get more than two extra nights for a round trip ticket. I would rather spend two extra days on the beach that save an hour.

We did several years ago. the flight is about 30 minutes. We had to wait for Couples to send a van to the airport to pick us up. There were not any cabs at the airport when we got there. Not sure about the cost, but it was somewhat expensive. You may want to check Internation Airlink. They have scheduled flights and will probably be bit less expensive.
    GREANJAC

I would also like to hear from others who have done this. We have booked Tim Air from MoBay to Negril in the past and loved it...we were on the beach 15 minutes! I've heard that the airport in Ochi is far renough from the resorts that you don't save much time. We're going to CSS for the first time in March and it might be the first time we've taken the shuttle in a while. Hope others can help us decide!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

In the past we have taken both Timair & International Airlink at least a dozen times to both Negril and Ochi before the new highway was built to Ochi. There were several times that we were delayed anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours. We've used the shuttle for the past 7 or 8 years because of reliability and the fact that with the new highway to Ochi the ride is under two hours.

We did it to Ocho Rios about four years ago. My wife does not like flying, especially small planes. She knows that I love it so she was a good sport and decided to try the experience. The time saved was only about a half an hour because of the extra steps at Montego Bay and waiting for the shuttle at Ocho Rios. It was a beautiful flight and a view that you can't get from the ground or airliner. We only took the one way flight for the experience and it was great, even my wife was glad we did it. The drive is quicker than it used to be because the roads have improved and the cost of the flight is a bit much but if you want to see the island from a different angle then I would recommend it.

Wish I could get that price for a charter flight in a single engine plane with a flight lasting only about 15 minutes, I could retire early.

1k?!?!?!?

I'll use that to fly back next Oct, thanks.

We use this flight everytime. You will find they are somewhat flexible in the price.
    In April we paid $800 round trip. When we return in December we will be using them again. It's safe, fast and the pilots are great. It's also an amazing way to see Jamaica.
    We make it a point to "buzz" the island every flight! Try it, you'll love it!
    PS. If anybody wants to share a plane with us in December send us a message!

Quote Originally Posted by rcgoofy68 View Post
    Anyone used TimAir from Montego Bay to CTI? How long is the flight? It looks scary! Please give me any information on this. Thanks
    That price doesn't sound right, just e-mail them for quote We are flying mbj to negril and it is 240 for two.

Quote Originally Posted by jssnacks View Post
    That price doesn't sound right, just e-mail them for quote We are flying mbj to negril and it is 240 for two.
    The quote is direct from them. As I said- Negril is cheap; Ochi not so much. I will stick with the bus ride instead of paying more than I paid for two of us to fly RT from Atl to MBJ!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013