Default Candlelight dinner on the beach at CSA--worth the $$ ??

My husband and I are heading to CSA in November for the first time. In your opinion, is the private, candlelit dinner on the beach worth the money? Also, I've heard great things about the private cruise. My husband and I don't snorkle and I've heard that's the best part of the private cruise. I'm wondering if the cruise is still a good time even without the snorkling? Let's hear what you have to say!! Thanks!!

We did the private dinner last year on the beach for our honeymoon and we loved it. The food was wonderful, and it was nice to have a private dinner, while we hear the sounds of the waves. I do warn.. sometimes there can be crabs on the beach, but they should bother you - they just scurry along!

The beach dinner is well worth the cost. My wife and I did it a couple of years back and truly enjoyed our selves. Remember to confirm your reservation the night before though. We had one couple tured away because they did not confirm.

Never heard of the "private cruise". I do know of someone going out on the Mr. Issa's boat though.

Life is good

IMHO, if I didn't have resort credit to pay for the private dinner, I would not do it. If this were a special occasion--anniversary or birthday, maybe. The food at all the restaurants is so good, you won't be disappointed. I've not taken the private cruise but they offer snorkling trips at regular times without cost. Why do a private cruise?

I don't know about the Private Cruise, but I just got back from my honeymoon, and the Private Dinner was one of my favorite parts. It really is something special and its one of the few times where it was just me and my wife and you couldn't see anyone around you unless they were bringing over the food. I would DEFINITELY do it at least once....

MAKE SURE YOU WEAR BUG SPRAY! That was the only time I got bit, my ankles were exposed and the little critters got a private dinner of their own!

HAVE FUN

Regarding the private dinner - can reservations be made at the resort, or is it suggested to do this ahead of time? Also, does anyone know where there is a price listed? I saw a price as part of a Romance package, but was wondering if I can schedule just the private dinner.

I would like to do this for my wife on the night of our anniversary. Any insight would be great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MilKohl View Post
    Regarding the private dinner - can reservations be made at the resort, or is it suggested to do this ahead of time? Also, does anyone know where there is a price listed? I saw a price as part of a Romance package, but was wondering if I can schedule just the private dinner.

I would like to do this for my wife on the night of our anniversary. Any insight would be great, thanks!
    You can schedule it when you arrive and IMHO, what a fantastic way to celebrate your anniversary. It's around $160.00 and you get to choose from 2 menus. They also play music for your meal. When we had ours, the resort photographer can around and took pictures. Your server will also take pictures with your camera. We had ours in the treehouse at CN....very private and no worries about insect bites. If you tell them it's your anniversary, they might do something special with dessert for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MilKohl View Post

Yes, you can book just the dinner. I would recommend booking it ahead of time to insure you get the location you desire (I requested the gazebo). Contact the Romance Concerige, they will email all the information, Also if you have enough resort credit, you can apply the credit to the cost. Be sure to ask about the resort credit when talking to the Romance Concerige.

We just got back and we did not do the dinner we did the private boat and LOVED IT!!!! We went out with Capt Jack and Two Shave(I highly suggest asking for them) and I can not tell you how much fun we had. You get 2 hrs to do anything you want and go anywhere you want ALONE. We went to the Market and shopped very briefly because I wanted to see the Market. My husband has never snorkeled and does not really like deep water but he agreed to snorkel since I wanted to and he loved it so much we did a group snorkel the next day(which was good but not as fun). We saw huge Rays just gliding past the reef it was awesome. Capt Jack snorkeled with us. Then we headed off to see the caves and went to a river which was just as clear as the ocean. We had our own quiet dinner on the bow of the boat and watched the sunset with our new friends, they served us drinks including a bottle of campaign and entertained us. This was our favorite part of the whole vacation and Capt Jack and Two Shave we will miss until we meet again. I am going to do a shout out to them on the shout out page but I have to download my pictures first.
    What ever you choose will be AWESOME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyK View Post
    We just got back and we did not do the dinner we did the private boat and LOVED IT!!!! We went out with Capt Jack and Two Shave(I highly suggest asking for them) and I can not tell you how much fun we had. You get 2 hrs to do anything you want and go anywhere you want ALONE. We went to the Market and shopped very briefly because I wanted to see the Market. My husband has never snorkeled and does not really like deep water but he agreed to snorkel since I wanted to and he loved it so much we did a group snorkel the next day(which was good but not as fun). We saw huge Rays just gliding past the reef it was awesome. Capt Jack snorkeled with us. Then we headed off to see the caves and went to a river which was just as clear as the ocean. We had our own quiet dinner on the bow of the boat and watched the sunset with our new friends, they served us drinks including a bottle of campaign and entertained us. This was our favorite part of the whole vacation and Capt Jack and Two Shave we will miss until we meet again. I am going to do a shout out to them on the shout out page but I have to download my pictures first.
    How much is the cruise? Is the snorkeling gear included? Is dinner included and how do I book?

EmilyK ~ I think you've convinced me If you're able to do whatever you want, then we could find a substitute for snorkeling--perhaps finding a beach bar down the way that we wouldn't otherwise know about! I love, love, LOVE the idea of having a private dinner on the bow of the boat--it's like combining both adventures!! We'll be there in November and I'm excited!

That sounds really fun - where did you book this. I do not remember seeing a private boat cruise! Glad you guys had fun!

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyK View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kgobble View Post
    My husband and I are heading to CSA in November for the first time. In your opinion, is the private, candlelit dinner on the beach worth the money? Also, I've heard great things about the private cruise. My husband and I don't snorkle and I've heard that's the best part of the private cruise. I'm wondering if the cruise is still a good time even without the snorkling? Let's hear what you have to say!! Thanks!!
    Private dinner 100% worth it!! Anything you do at CSA will be worth it!! We just got back Saturday!!

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone! I ended up calling Sharie, the Romance Consierge. She was extremely helpful and made setting up the dinner a breeze! Great value for everything that is included. The menu sounds unbelievable. We cannot wait to be in paradise in 5 days, and the private dinner on our anniversary will be the perfect capper! We will report back after our trip!

EmilyK, how much was the private cruise? Was this a couples boat or a private company? It sounds awesome!!

Emily K - how much was the private cruise? And do you know if I can book it with Captain Jack and Two Shave prior to our arrival?

We were walking down the path and ran into Two Shave who works at the water sports he told us about it and asked it we would like to do it then he let us know when it was available. It is the best $120. we could have spent.

Just go down to the water sports and ask if anyone knows where Two Shave is....if not then ask at the water sports how to book the 2 hr private boat. Now I do not want to be misleading it was not the same dinner you would get on the beach it was more a quick food like sandwich type thing but we had campaign and Red Stripe a beautiful sunset and good company. I think you can request what you want we just told them to bring whatever they thought we would like because we did not want to make any decisions.... that is more our style then a dinner on the beach and we would never have seen the things we did if Capt Jack and Two Shave would not have hooked us up. Have fun, relax, and enjoy.