Thread: Birds at CSA

Default Birds at CSA

We are planning our third trip to a Couples Resort! When we stayed at CN there were many black bird that would fly into the breakfast area. I did not notice as many at CTI. Now, we would like to go to CSA and I am wondering if there are a lot of birds on the resort? I have a phobia of birds and I do not like them flying around while I am eating or relaxing by the pool. Any comments are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sarabartos View Post
    We are planning our third trip to a Couples Resort! When we stayed at CN there were many black bird that would fly into the breakfast area. I did not notice as many at CTI. Now, we would like to go to CSA and I am wondering if there are a lot of birds on the resort? I have a phobia of birds and I do not like them flying around while I am eating or relaxing by the pool. Any comments are greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    There have been a blackbird or 2 flitting around Patois at breakfast and lunch, and a few tiny birds just around the perimeter at the Palms....they didn't seem intrusive, but I'm not phobic....

Default Birds at CSA

Don't sit along the perimeter at the Palms during breakfast and lunch. If permitted, small birds often come looking for morsels off the tables. If enjoying breakfast on your balcony, small birds might come to share some of the goodies. The many birds are harmless and part of the tropical scenery. Try and enjoy!

I call them french fry birds. They are small crows who like to eat leftovers. They don't bother me either.

We were married at CSS and visited there a total of 3 times. They had a lot of these birds coming into the restaurant area at breakfast and lunch. Having been to CSA 3 times as well, I can tell you there are not many at all there. I am not sure what the difference is but you can relax. Any open air restaurant invites some wildlife but it is limitted here at CSA. I suggest not sitting at the outside tables.

The black birds are Greater Antillean Grackles; called "cling-cling" locally. Some staff joke that cling-cling are sign of wealth as poor people would never have enough food that would allow a cling-cling to steal it.

CN (and I'd guess probably all resorts) employ various methods to scare the birds - shiny owls in the rafters (scares the birds - sometimes) and a "predator" noise emitter.

We met a woman at CN that also had a bird phobia and feared eating in the open area at breakfast. Wayne Salmon (was a manager at CN, Duty Mgr I think, who coincidentally is VERY knowledgeable about birds) and had pointed out the "bird of prey" screecher to us. We told him about the lady with the phobia and he said he'd find her and ensure she sat near the screecher.

Wayne moved to CSA a few years ago so perhaps they have a screecher now if they didn't already.

I think the semi offical name for these guys is "Sweet n Lows" because they steal the pink packets but leave the blues, white, and brown ones alone. Thats what we saw and we are sticking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearso View Post
    I think the semi offical name for these guys is "Sweet n Lows" because they steal the pink packets but leave the blues, white, and brown ones alone. Thats what we saw and we are sticking with it.
    Just saying, have you ever seen the movie!!!!!

BarDar, which movie? We saw it in person....

If I think it's the movie you're talking about scared the life out of me when I was young now makes me chuckle. Never have a problem with birds at CSA except as said in the Palms the odd time and that isn't really a problem. have seen some gorgeous hummingbirds from our balcony.

It is "The Birds". I think it's Alfred Hitchcock. Tippy Hedren, Melanie Griffith's mom is star. It's from the 1960s I think.
    It never scared me, it's a good movie. The original poster would freak I think. LOL.