Hybrid View

Default Secrets of css!!!

So it seems these threads have started for the other resorts, but I don't see one for CSS yet... except one about A secret that no one is spilling... But I was hoping to start a thread where CSS vets could share their secrets of CSS... must eat's, must do's, things you might miss...

Anything to get me even more excited... 3 months til we're there and I can't wait!

Must eat & do:
    Sweet potato chips with smoked marlin dip and smoothies at the mineral pool veggie bar. Then follow the stairway to the hidden mineral hot tub and.... ahhh. We will be doing this exact thing in 170 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great thread~ I can't wait to learn all the secrets!

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Cod Sue View Post
    Must eat & do:
    Sweet potato chips with smoked marlin dip and smoothies at the mineral pool veggie bar. Then follow the stairway to the hidden mineral hot tub and.... ahhh. We will be doing this exact thing in 170 days!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mmmm that sounds sooo good!

Hi Jane,

You're going to love your visit to CSS. We did just a few long months ago and can't wait to go back and enjoy our "CSS Secrets".

One of the things we love doing, besides catching the gorgeous sunsets at SSB, is laying in the hammocks below the balloon bar pool/above the mineral pool in the later evenings and listening to the entertainment (and tree frogs) while cuddling. As for foods...they're all good but save room for the great foods served at the Starlight Gala and Beach Party! If you're not a coffee drinker you will be after enjoying some of the Blue Mountain coffee they serve there. For a treat, after dinner, add a little Bailey's Irish Cream and/or Rum Cream to make it even more better.

Now that we've told you some of our "Secrets of CSS" the challange is to go find some "CSS Secrets" of your own!!!

Enjoy!

Bart & Bug

Wish there were more secrets to share! When we went to CSA, it seemed there were so many different recommendations, but not as many for CSS. That's okay, more pleasant surprises for us when we get there!

*bumping up* in case there are more things to do and try, I am making a list ....

Brenda
    CSS Oct. 2013

Since you're making a list, I'll add my 5 cents:
    Walk the long twisty path from Charlie's spa back up and around to the Hibiscus Cottage and check out the view. See how many little gecko-like lizards you can spot!
    If you wake up early in the morning and happen to have a room overlooking the big trees by the spa, check out the nesting egrets and other birds. A stroll over to the pond is a must, and it works out well that it's on the way to Sunset Beach. SSB is a must, whether you go A/N or during the ok-to-dress hours (M/W/F? 5-6pm).
    Ditto on the mineral pool hot tub.
    THE GROTTO!! Yes, it's chilly; yes there are little crabs and fish that live in there. But if you get sunburned, sit down in the grotto to get cooled off and it's like instant relief for mosquito/sand flea bites and sunburn. It's in a little nook near the gym.
    We're watersports aficionados, so I can't help but recommend trying out some of the kayaks or taking a catamaran ride/lessons.
    During our last trip, I tried working my way through the special drink menu. That was fun.
    A spa appointment with the waves crashing that you can hear from the huts on the cliff...{sigh, 5 months until we're back at CSS!}
    No matter what you do, I am sure you will have a great time!

Here's a little secret.
    At midnight, walk down to SSB with a bottle of chilled wine and two glasses, climb up the lifeguard stand on the beach and take in the lights on the horizon, and the stars in the sky!
    Of course, after that, there is always a midnight swim in the SSB pool.
    Have a great time!
    Mike&Sue

Thanks guys! My list is growing.

Brenda
    CSS Oct. 2013