Default CN/Jamacia newbie! Advice!

We are going to CSA for our Honeymoon
    5-19/5-26. We booked a beach Vern. Suite. Do any of you have any advice for us? Any and all kinds welcome! This will be our 2nd time flying (Delta). I have been GLUED to this message bored all day, and still have questions!?!?
    1. The drinks in the couples lounge at airport and the drinks on the stop during the bus ride... are they complimentary?
    2. I didn't realize that this was a tip free vacay! That relieves a lot of stress! So the only ones we would tip is the salon and the singers on the beach? And any off resort action? (Do we tip bus driver/drinks)
    3. Is the tap water same to drink? I drink TONS of water and don't want to dehydrate!
    4. Is there an actual website to look at the restaurants and the hotel? I am seeing the couples site that gives an overview but can't find more detailed info. (We booked thru travel agent)
    5. Are there clubs at the resort? We LOVE to dance!
    6. Is there a cut off time for them serving alcohol? Like some places don't serve on Sunday...
    7. Are all the beaches topless? I realize they have a AN beach... but can u just go topless?
    8. Is the cat cruise a daytime type thing?
    9. Is Margaritaville worth it?
    10. Is golfing worth shipping our clubs down?
    Thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by heathernn; March 14th, 2013 at 09:56 PM.

The drinks at the Couples lounge when you arrive at the airport are complimentary, however if the bus stops on the way to the resort, it's your choice to buy anything (we prefer they do not stop, we want to get to the resort asap)
    Yes, you tip the salon personnel, and the bus drivers/baggage handlers... you can tip musicians on the beach if you want... they wander by so you would need to go down to them near the water if you want to tip them.
    Water is fine, drink all you want!
    Dancing yes!
    You can drink alcohol every day and nite, all you want.
    Main beach, topless is fine. At the AN beach, it is completely naked, no bottoms allowed.
    Cat Cruise goes out about 3:30pm and returns about 6:30 or so...
    Margaritaville is not worth it in our opinion.
    Don't know about the golfing.
    Enjoy... and relax... all will be irie when you arrive!

1. The drinks in the couples lounge at airport and the drinks on the stop during the bus ride... are they complimentary?
    The drinks at the Couples lounge are included in the all-inclusive price you have paid. If your bus stops it will be off the resort and you'll need to pay for those drinks. Expect to pay a few dollars US for a Red Stripe.

2. I didn't realize that this was a tip free vacay! That relieves a lot of stress! So the only ones we would tip is the salon and the singers on the beach? And any off resort action? (Do we tip bus driver/drinks).
    Tip the baggage handlers at the airport ($1 per bag), driver ($5-$10), spa employees, and anything off resort including the Cat cruise..

3. Is the tap water same to drink? I drink TONS of water and don't want to dehydrate!
    Yes

4. Is there an actual website to look at the restaurants and the hotel? I am seeing the couples site that gives an overview but can't find more detailed info. (We booked thru travel agent)
    No, but you don't need to sweat the details. The restaurants are great.

5. Are there clubs at the resort? We LOVE to dance!
    There is night life with dancing.

6. Is there a cut off time for them serving alcohol? Like some places don't serve on Sunday...
    Seven days a week. Not sure when cut-off is as I've never been up that late. You have a mini-bar in your room. Bars generally open at 1000. You can get a drink with breakfast if you like. Staying blasted you're entire trip is possible. Lack of booze is not a problem.

7. Are all the beaches topless? I realize they have a AN beach... but can u just go topless?
    Yes. The AN areas are no clothing allowed.

8. Is the cat cruise a daytime type thing?
    Yes

9. Is Margaritaville worth it?
    Depends. Its very clubby with a younger crowd late at night when the trip is offered. Drinks are expensive. During the day its laid back. If you've seen one Margarittaville, you've seen them all.

10. Is golfing with shipping our clubs down?
    Personal choice. You can rent clubs. If you're a serious golfer and are going nearly everyday, then probably yes. If you're bringing clubs, check them as extra baggage.

1. drinks at the lounge, complimentary, on the stop - not.
    2. You'll tip the baggage handlers at the air port coming and going - there will be some near the couples lounge you will tip as well as anyone who helps you on your departure. You'll also tip your bus drivers coming and going. None of these people are couples employees. You'll also tip Spa employees and any bus drivers/guides etc. on excursions.
    3. Yes
    4. Here on couples.com you can see the hotel in the "gallery" section by resort, or in the "accommodations" section by resort - very nice pictures. Trip advisor also has many nice pics.
    5. There is entertainment nightly
    6. I think there are a few hours from like 5am to 10 am that the bars close. They are open on Sundays just like every other day.
    7. Beaches are topless, pools are not.
    8. Cat Cruise is daytime or early evening
    9. No, tourist trap, high prices for mediocre drinks and food.
    10. Not sure what you're asking but most people just check golf clubs as a second bag or rent them.
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

1. yes they are complimentary. I like to get a couple of red stripes bottles for the road. You can get those for a cost as your walking out to the shuttle bus. Beer in the lounge is draft.
    2. Yes you tip the driver that takes you to and from the resort. We usually give them a 10 spot.
    3. We have never had a problem with the tap water.
    4. Not sure what info your looking for on the restaurant. Menu? layout?
    5. There is a club a CSA and there is dancing. It opens after the paino bar is done and is a blast.
    6. They will serve till your done and 7 days a week.
    7. There is occasionally a topless person on the beach but its not the norm.
    8. sunset cruise. Starts in daylight and goes past Ricks Cafe to some caves you can swim into. Then heads back. Fun you should do it.
    9. Do it once to say you were there. But why spend money when you spent all this cash to go to Couples.
    10. never done the golfing. Although I would like to do it it seems expensive.

Hope this helps. Have a great time!!!

Drinks at the Couples lounge yes, at the bus stop no.
    Tip luggage handlers at arrival in airport, Driver, Spa, Parasail (if you go), Catamaran peeps (Diffinetly do this ), Beach singers (if you stop one otherwise no tip)
    Wata is OK mon
    Couples.com
    Topless on beach OK, there is NO AN at CSA
    Alcohol served until the last person leaves at the Aurora Lounge, other bars close around midnight with some exceptions but you have a free wet bar in your room.
    Cat cruise is 3-6 pm
    No on Marg - vile it is vile.
    Don't bother unless you plan to play every day and then just take them with you and pay extra baggage fee. ALso if you are not a scratch golfer, it really does not matter. By the way golf can ber really hot so be warned.

Have fun!

We'll be there for our first visit as well; 18-30 May. Single digit weeks tomorrow!! See you there.