Default CTI-Inclusion Changes??

So our last trip home was October 2010 and Iím kinda lost. The catamaran cruise is not listed in the inclusions but is listed on the activities schedule. Is the catamaran still offered?

Thak you!

I had read on a different thread that the catamaran cruise was being discontinued.....not sure why. We will be at CTI Dec 28-Jan
    5th for the first time and we were disappointed as well to find that out

When we were there in April we were told the catamaran cruise would be discontinued around August. Apparently there is some contract problem between the them and Couples. Hope they'll eventually bring it back. That's always been one of the highlights of our CTI visits.

Bart & Bug

Ended this month.

I believe as of this month, the Catamaran cruise is no longer offered at CTI. If you search the threads you will find info. on it.

Was looking forward to that. I hope they bring it back!!

We're here at CTI now and the last run was four or five days ago. No one could offer hope it would resume. It is regrettable to lose this activity but hopefully something else will fill the void. Regardless, we are still having a wonderful time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    When we were there in April we were told the catamaran cruise would be discontinued around August. Apparently there is some contract problem between the them and Couples. Hope they'll eventually bring it back. That's always been one of the highlights of our CTI visits.

Bart & Bug
    Yes, the contract problem is they want more money and Couples doesn't want to pay it. Yet they want more money from us, their customers, to get less than we have in the past. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    Yes, the contract problem is they want more money and Couples doesn't want to pay it. Yet they want more money from us, their customers, to get less than we have in the past. Go figure.
    ORV, you are definitely not the only one that is questioning the "more for less" progression. Especially for one of the most popular inclusions.

I mean, there's no way operating cost have gone up, right? :-/ Let's assume some more...

The only reason I'll miss it is that we had a couple of hours without a ton of people crowding the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    And, from what we were told, they didn't want to come all the way to CTI. We, in fact, had to take a shuttle to another resort closer to Ochi.

I too agree with ORV and jamaican_junkie...Booked for 4th trip to CTI in August 2013 and hoping catamaran will be back in place.

While CTI has discontinued horseback riding and cat cruise, they added full room service from 7am-10 pm, not just continental breakfast and they added a mini bar and frig. Most of the other a/i's don't included motorized water sports let alone SCUBA. CTI is still less expensive than the other resorts, and was the only one that had horseback riding included. Prices do go up, just as everything has in our economy. We started going to Couples because it was less than some others. We continue to go to CTI because of the friends we have made through the years with the other guests and the staff. We know what to expect at CTI and can go and just relax.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    ORV, you are definitely not the only one that is questioning the "more for less" progression. Especially for one of the most popular inclusions.
    They have placed a bar in all rooms, prior to this this was only available for the Jr. & 1 bedroom suites, now all rooms have this perk.
    Was it meant for a trade off? Not sure, but that is one thing I know they have added, and when we were there in 2010, the place is just beautiful on it's own, with fantastic food and great beach (not to mention the island), there is still so much to do.
    We enjoyed the cruise, but it would not be a deal-breaker for us in the future.