Default new to this board! planning honeymoon...questions on portion sizes and snacks :)

Greetings everyone! I was so excited to find a message board on this site. My last five vacations have been alone with my seven year old daughter to Disney World and I love my message boards when planning! Now it's time for my first adult trip in who knows how long I have been researching for months on where to honeymoon and have decided on CSS. I was wondering....my DF is a big eater...the pictures of the dinner entrees look a little small foodwise...can you order a second helping of something if possible? I noticed most appetizers and soups and salads have seafood and he doesn't eat anything that lives in water LOL I was hoping they might allow an extra entree if there are no other options for him that he wouldn't eat? Also, I was wondering if the Couples Resorts were like a cruise ship where there is a place to snack during the day as part of the all inclusive? or is there a place to snack that is extra? I would love all the info you guys can share about food Your help is so much appreciated! We haven't booked yet and I want to make sure DF will be happy foodwise here! Thanks in advance!

Trust me when I say if he goes hungry it's his own fault! I got married/honeymooned at CSS and I can't remember a time when I wanted something to eat and there wan't any place open. Between the restaurants and room service there is always food available. And you can eat as many times as you like, and order as much as you like as many times as you like. All included. They may have actual snack type food in the gift shop for purchase, but I'm not sure, since I never had to look. And there were non fish/seafood options at every restaurant at every meal. Sometimes there might have only been 1 choice for soup or appetizer and it might have seafood, but he can skip that and get 2 entrees if that's what he wants.

You could eat 24/7 if you wanted to, you can order as much as you want, there are many, many options....for snacking throughout the day, the beach grill is at your service (hamburgers, French fries, onion rings, jerk chicken, salad, pizzas, soup, ice cream, cookies....) or there is always room service. Trust me, neither of you will go away hungry....we have been traveling to Jamaica the past 10 years, I always loose 10 pounds before our trips- my clothes are a little loose when we arrive, but fit fine when we leave!!!!

Im a picky eater (no fish, seafood, steak) and I had no problems staying full when we were at CTI ... And yes, there is always something available during the day and night, at least at CTI.

He will have no problem finding something to eat. Order entrees two at a time if you want. You are in for a treat.

No worries...I think he will be more than happy. My husband has asked for second entrees (on lobster night) and that was never a problem. There is a beach grill available during the day, great for inbetween snacks and CSS also has room service available for in suite dining daily 6:00am to 11:00pm too!! I can also say that even though the portions look small in the pics, dinners are served in courses and by the time the entree gets there you're usually getting full. There is also a good selection of different meats on the menu, so he won't have a problem finding something that's not seafood. I usually return home 5 pounds heavier

Enjoy and Congratulations!!
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

You can order whatever you want. As many appetizers, entre's etc. On lobster night my husband orders two of them right away. The cook could not believe it, and came out to see who it was and to talk to us. He also has ordered two different entre's at once some nights when he is really hungry.You can get food at the Beach Grill pretty much all day. We are over at SSB, and they serve hamburgers, jerk chicken, fries, all afternoon. Breakfast is a buffet, and so is lunch, so seconds is no problem. If you are eating at the Pallazina for supper they usually have a pasta station as part of the menu. He should be fine in finding enough to eat.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by motorcyclemama View Post
    Greetings everyone! I was so excited to find a message board on this site. My last five vacations have been alone with my seven year old daughter to Disney World and I love my message boards when planning! Now it's time for my first adult trip in who knows how long I have been researching for months on where to honeymoon and have decided on CSS. I was wondering....my DF is a big eater...the pictures of the dinner entrees look a little small foodwise...can you order a second helping of something if possible? I noticed most appetizers and soups and salads have seafood and he doesn't eat anything that lives in water LOL I was hoping they might allow an extra entree if there are no other options for him that he wouldn't eat? Also, I was wondering if the Couples Resorts were like a cruise ship where there is a place to snack during the day as part of the all inclusive? or is there a place to snack that is extra? I would love all the info you guys can share about food Your help is so much appreciated! We haven't booked yet and I want to make sure DF will be happy foodwise here! Thanks in advance!
    Relax my friend...There is plenty of food! And there is lots that "doesn't live in water!" If your hubby wishes, he can order 2 of everything on the menu! They will bring you whatever you want..no problem...My husband once ordered a second lobster on lobster night as his 'dessert'! I have only been to CN, but I think there is probably a beach grill at CSS, where you can get a snack most anytime. CN has a breakfast buffet and lunch buffet as well as the beach grill. I really don't think I have ever seen anyone go hungry!
    And the best part is, it's ALL INCLUDED, don't have to pay 'extra' for anything... So like I said, relax and enjoy your trip to paradise!!
    Lucy

You can get more then one entree. One of the things I like to do, is wander between the different restaurants and eat something at each of them. May have an appetizer or 2 at one, then go to another for the entree, then another for desert and may repeat but have an entree where I had an appetizer or a salad where I ate desert. Is that called grazing?

My husband is also a big eater, and he orders a jerk chicken double the chicken at lunch, no needs to as for seconds, unless you think that one plate might be enough. There is the buffet, and the food is fantastic there, so that is all you can eat. At the resturants with reservations there are so many courses that you can really get full if you eat one of each, but you can, and I have asked for a second item if one of the courses just doesn't have anything that I am interested in
    Felicia and Josh
    Couples Negril Oct. '08
    Couples TI Nov. '09
    CTI and CSS Nov/Dec '10

At CSS there's always room service if there's nothing at the restaurants. I think there might be a 2 hour window between breakfast and lunch where there might not be anything out. Other than that, you have the smoothie bar for fruit and the grill has an ice cream machine. You can definitely order more than one entree...and definitely more than one dessert. We always share our desserts and our very first night at Couples, all 4 desserts on the menu looked great so we told the waiter "One of each". Imagine my surprise when he showed up with one of each for each of us. After that we made sure to be clear that we would share one of each when we ordered.

Welcome to the message board! We've been to CSS 4 times and love it!! Your DF will have no problem finding food. Breakfast and lunch are served buffet style at the Palazzina so guests can eat as much of what they'd like as they want. Snacks can be had during the day and late at night at the Beach Grill. These are included in the cost your stay...after all Couples is all-inclusive. You can find burgers and dogs there but should also try the jerk chicken. Dinner is available at either the Palazzina, Cassanova, where reservations are required, or Bella Vista, Beach Grill during the day, where no reservations are needed. The pictures may make it look like the portions are small, but looks can be deceiving. The portions are good size and there's usually some non-seafood item on the menu for those that don't go for it. If you're there on Friday of Tuesday nights then your DF is in for a real food treat at the Gala and Beach party respectively. The food at these events is Jamaican and served buffet style. You can eat the great food until you can't move. Hope you enjoy your stay at CSS!

Bart & Bug

No worries if you are still hungry when you leave a place its your own fault, if you want more of something just ask for it and you will get it, everything is about you while you are there. On the menu if you want all courses make sure to tell them, you get what you ask for. When we first got there and went to dinner we order the main course but did not order a appitiser or salad thinking it was just part of it. I ate 4-5 times a day when I was there and snacked any time I wanted and to my surprise I lost 2 lbs while on vacation. Order your drinks 2 at a time if you want.

motorcyclemama: We were exactly like you (minus the honeymoon part) and I am married to a non seafood man as well. Great news is that CSS is probably the best place to never go hungry! Not only do they have a fabulous breakfast and lunch buffet but there are grills set up around the resort AND room service is available all the time! You are right that the portions do not look large (we thought the same thing) but as you can tell from the posts, that is not an issue because there are so many courses/choices AND you can also get more! One of the things we find is that there are so many fresh options available, we end up eating healthier than when at home!! Have fun and congratulations!

Thank you all so much! I haven't been on the boards in a few days...just as i was about to book our vacation, I found out my teaching contract was not renewed due to budget cuts so our wedding and honeymoon plans are postponed for a bit. Guess it gives me more time to look at the message boards while waiting for our dream honeymoon! I look forward to learning more from all of you and thanks again for the helpful responses!

So sorry to hear about your teaching contract, hope you find a replacement position soon! I sincerely hope your wedding won't have to be postponed too long. We are headed to CSS for our first time in Oct 2013 for our 25th wedding anniversary, and I was wondering about the food too. Thanks for posting this question.

Brenda
    CSS Oct. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by motorcyclemama View Post
    Thank you all so much! I haven't been on the boards in a few days...just as i was about to book our vacation, I found out my teaching contract was not renewed due to budget cuts so our wedding and honeymoon plans are postponed for a bit. Guess it gives me more time to look at the message boards while waiting for our dream honeymoon! I look forward to learning more from all of you and thanks again for the helpful responses!