Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: December 2013

I've been hesitant to post anything because I wasn't sure if we were going to make it, but...I got a raise!!!! (kinda big one) and I now know that we are definitely going. I'll be booking our flights next week! And Jeff has talked about possibly getting married in Jamaica. How cool is that!!!

Anyway, way excited and now ready to chat it up and make some friends to meet at CN. I forgot to look at my countdown clock at work, but double digits are getting close! (Ok, so we still have about 45 days to double digit, but...hey can't a girl get excited?)
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Congratulations, Coloradojuli. Jamaica is a great place to get married. We renewed our vows there in 2011 and will be going back December of this year. Only 29 days until we get into double digits. Have a great time.

Don and Deb
    Missouri

I added a countdown clock to my iPad. 138 days!!! I'm really excited. Can not wait to show Jeff my favorite place on earth.

We talked about this a bit, but is anyone interested in the One Love Bus Crawl? We are thinking perhaps Thursday the 19th or Tuesday the 17th. If we get married, we will do it on the 18th.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I forgot, what day is the Mad Hatter meet up?

Funny story. We haven't booked airfare yet as I was saying that we weren't sure if we were going or not. Since we are going I started looking at airfare. I was looking at flying home the 22 thinking we were staying until then. Luckily I decided to come look at this thread and read it again and saw I was listed as leaving on the 21st. I decided to check my reservations and low and behold we are leaving on the 21st! Lol. I almost booked the wrong dates for our airfare.

I did look to see what it would cost to stay one extra day. Too much now that all the good prices are gone. Oh well, I'll plan better next time.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Hi Carolyn (& Bill)...can't wait!! 135 days for us from today!!
    Hi to everyone else as well!!
    Have a Happy Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    I added a countdown clock to my iPad. 138 days!!! I'm really excited. Can not wait to show Jeff my favorite place on earth.

We talked about this a bit, but is anyone interested in the One Love Bus Crawl? We are thinking perhaps Thursday the 19th or Tuesday the 17th. If we get married, we will do it on the 18th.
    We might be interested in the One Love Pub Crawl. The Hatters is on 12/17 so not that day, but maybe on 12/19? What do you think Melanie/Tom, Carolyn/Bill, Larry/Deb, or anyone else who might be interested?
    Have a Happy Day!

I'll be happy to book it if we get enough interest. Thursday the 19th works great!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Booked for Wednesday special I got a great deal, going to CN for 5th time.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilemon View Post
    We might be interested in the One Love Pub Crawl. The Hatters is on 12/17 so not that day, but maybe on 12/19? What do you think Melanie/Tom, Carolyn/Bill, Larry/Deb, or anyone else who might be interested?
    What is a One Love Pub Crawl?

I"m hoping to do the Appleton Rum Tour, Black River, YS Falls this time. Really I just want to do the Rum factory tour, but I guess you have to book all 3 together.

Booked airfare today! One step closer...

One Love Pub Crawl is a bus that takes you to several (5-6) bars in Negril. You go up along the cliffs and elsewhere. It takes several hours and is a blast. There is no charge for the bus, but you do tip the driver and of course pay for your drinks along the way.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by karinjim View Post
    I"m hoping to do the Appleton Rum Tour, Black River, YS Falls this time. Really I just want to do the Rum factory tour, but I guess you have to book all 3 together.
    You can always just get a driver to take you to Appleton for their tour (you'll pay for that when you get there) & back to the resort without doing the other stuff ..... Just have the front desk or guest relations get you a driver & agree on the charge before hand for the ride to & from. Haven't done this in Jamaica but have done similar on other islands & it works great. We always have the driver take us someplace for lunch where the locals go. Very Fun.

Beth and I are trying for December 2013 (a lot of factors on date) this will be our 3rd time to couples Negril. When we get a date I will post pics etc and maybe a few of us can meet up--Our favorite thing at couples is Scuba

Is there a lot of walking or climbing involved? I am having foot surgery the week after we get back from Negril so what I can do physically is limited. Thank goodness I will most likely be on my butt instead of my heel at the Hatters Party
    Booked airfare today! One step closer...

One Love Pub Crawl is a bus that takes you to several (5-6) bars in Negril. You go up along the cliffs and elsewhere. It takes several hours and is a blast. There is no charge for the bus, but you do tip the driver and of course pay for your drinks along the way.

It's official. We are getting married at CN on December 18! I am SO excited!! We talked about having a small ceremony here in the States, but with family etc. it would never be small and seemed to be getting more complicated by the second. So we decided to make it hassle free and get married at CN! Whoo hoo!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We will be at CN 12/23/-01/06/14. This is our 5th CN, been to CSA, going in October to CSS. Love this message board, makes the time feel as if it's (finally) going to arrive.

Less then 4 months to go now till our December trip to CSA. Booked our flights last week via points, paid for upgraded seat and selection last night. It's time to think about Jamaican time more then normal! Get back to CSA to see our home away from home and our Jamaican friend Ozzy down the beach.
    Irie

Quote Originally Posted by mememon View Post
    Is there a lot of walking or climbing involved? I am having foot surgery the week after we get back from Negril so what I can do physically is limited. Thank goodness I will most likely be on my butt instead of my heel at the Hatters Party
    I don't know if there are stairs to the bars. My guess would be if there are any it would only by 1 or 2. I think you would be fine.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I went to Safeway the other day to pick up some toothpaste and ended up by the 99 cents stuff. Grabbed a lot for CN. I guess the packing has officially begun as the guest bed is beginning to get covered up with purchases for the trip. So excited! Got Jeff some good look'in shorts and shirts, but can't convince him they are for vacation. He keeps wearing them! LOL We also found some really cool flip flops at Walmart that have the Jamaica flag colors on the straps. They are Jimmy Buffet shoes Only $7! Wish I could've found some for me. Jeff loves them so much that he is already wearing them. So we went and bought a second pair so he can have them for the wedding and they will be clean. 105 days to go! Almost double digit dance time.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Just realized we are in the double digits now...

Looking forward to trip #3. Each trip has been a little different for us. Trip #1 (Oct 2012) was interrupted(albeit briefly) by Hurricane Sandy but we really only lost one day of activities and met great people at the beach grill during the day. Trip #2 (May 2013) we travelled with friends and had a fantastic time but actually had more rain in May than during the previous trip. Dec (6 thru 13) 2013 is coming soon and we are thinking of the One Love Bus, night snorkeling or a couples massage as something new we have not done in the previous trips.

Right now I'm drinking a Red Stripe, watching SEC football and surfing Jamaica forums.. Life is good
    CN, Oct 2012, CN May 2013, CN Dec 2013, Booked CN Dec 2014 2015,

98 days...trip #8 here we come!! Can't wait to see everyone!!
    Have a Happy Day!

Default Please add us to the December list

[QUOTE=FerChitsNGiggles;208042]Hi all, just thought I would put us all together in a list. Please feel free to correct any mistakes.
    Here we go:

KarenOn Nov. 30-Dec 7
    amorican88 Nov. 30-Dec 7
    Debjes Dec 3-10
    Brian_Mendy Dec 4-11
    parents Dec 4-11
    MsHoo Dec 4-11 ?
    Kandl Dec 6-13
    Kellylm Dec 6-14
    jkiserkdi Dec 6-15
    GeoffnCheri Dec 6-13
    sji1976 Dec 7-14
    FerChitsNGiggles Dec 8-18
    mememon Dec 9-21
    leoconnor Dec 11-22
    Smilemon Dec 12-22
    tkingle66 Dec 12-22
    Michelle&Vern Dec 13-23
    Deet Dec 14-22
    Coloradojuli Dec 15-21
    redy4vac Dec 15-25
    jsb Dec 18-27
    JnMincincy Dec 28-Jan 2

Karson

Maxine and Rich 12/9 - 12/20 Long Island, NY

Rich ~ We are the 14-21. When are you going to be there? Do I get to meet you? Remember the dream I had about you years ago? LOL
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Rich ~ We are the 14-21. When are you going to be there? Do I get to meet you? Remember the dream I had about you years ago? LOL
    Julie: We will be arriving on 12/9 and staying until 12/20. Yes,
    we willy finally meet. Yes, I remember dream you told me about LOL
    email me at richk29@optonline.net

Just wondering if anyone on this Dec thread are divers and the dates you'll be at CN.

Dec 6-13 (dive dates Dec 7- 12)
    CN, Oct 2012, CN May 2013, CN Dec 2013, Booked CN Dec 2014 2015,

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast