Hybrid View

Default CSA Honeymoon room advice

For our honeymoon my fiance and I have decided to book at CSA next June. It seems to be exactly what we are looking for in a honeymoon destination. Since we won't go on many trips like this very often I have decided to splurge on this trip to make it the best possible. That is why I have decided to upgrade to beachfront. The premium beachfront looks amazing but I also know, based on reading on this forum, that half of the rooms are on the second floor and I can't find a pic of them. With that said I am a little apprehensive to dish out that much if their is a major difference between the balcony size for the second floor as opposed to the first considering I only have a 50/50 shot of getting the ground floor. Any description of the second floor rooms would be greatly appreciated.

From what I understand the new category of Premium Beachfront Suite are the rooms with the larger verandahs. Maybe someone else can clarify, but I think you will love and of the beachfront rooms at CSA. You are literally right on the beach and have glorious sunsets you can watch from your verandah every night. Congrats on your upcoming marriage. Have a blast at CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    From what I understand the new category of Premium Beachfront Suite are the rooms with the larger verandahs. Maybe someone else can clarify, but I think you will love and of the beachfront rooms at CSA. You are literally right on the beach and have glorious sunsets you can watch from your verandah every night. Congrats on your upcoming marriage. Have a blast at CSA.

Thanks Margi!

Monica and I have stayed in the BFS, OVS, BFVS, and the PBFS. Our last trip we were in rm 1126 (PBFS). Loved the large verandah. We didn't notice any appreciable difference between the size of the upstairs room (1226) and their verandah. We will be staying in a PBFS when we return this December. All of the PBFS's (1st or 2nd floor) are great. Don't let it worry you. You will be on your honeymoon in Jamaica. Relax and let the sand gravity work it's magic.

The only main difference is that there is a small room on the second floor with a tiny verandah. I'll try to attach a picture of a room that may be or is similar to a PBFS that I found on the internet.

Attachment 17668

109 days and counting!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    Bob Marleys for everyone!!!!

Hi! My hubby and I were at CSA in June and stayed in a Premium Beachfront Suite on the second floor. The balcony was just as big as the first floor balcony. It was great. You just haved to go upstairs to get to your room which was not a problem for us. That being said, there is a third room in the beachfront villas. It is smaller and didn't look like much of a balcony at all. I don't know if they call that a PBS or not but please specify that you are on your honeymoon and want the larger balcony. I think you will be happy in either of the larger rooms. We loved CSA and hope to go back soon! Congrats and have a wonderful honeymoon.

The 2nd floor Premium BFS's are beautiful! A lot of people perfer them over the ground floor PBFS's because they are more private. The balconies are still larger than any of the other rooms except the ground floor PBFS's, but I think they have more livable space because of their design. The 2nd floor also has more storage/closet space - but the room is slightly smaller. With being on the 2nd floor you get vaulted ceilings and a great ceiling fan.
    IMO both rooms are magnificent. The 2nd floor has a better chance of a view of the sunset right from your room but it depends on how tall the trees have grown and where the sun is setting. Ground floor rooms you need to walk out to the ocean to see the sunset because things like bars and chairs are obstructing your view.

We've stayed in both rooms and while I personally like the ground floor rooms my husband perfers the 2nd floor because of the high ceilings and the privacy.

I wouldn't hesitate booking a PBFS because you may not get a ground floor. The 2nd floor might be better for a
    honeymoon.
    Enjoy!
    Karon

Just to clarify about the 2 rooms on the 2nd floor of the PBFS. The room with the large balcony is a PFBS. The other room that has a small balcony is in the Atrium room category. You wont get that room if you book a PBFS.
    The reason I like the ground floor is because I like to make friends with the resort cats. I love it when they come and hang out with us on the veranda.
    A couple of other things you might want to consider is that the ground floor bathroom's have (at least the one's I've stayed in) bi-fold doors while the 2nd floor have regular doors. Both provide privacy but some people may not be as comfortable with the bi-fold doors. The bathrooms in both rooms have window with louvered blinds on 2 walls. It's wonderful showering with the windows open and seeing the sun and hearing the birds sing. However, on the ground floor you may need to close some of the blinds, at least the bottom half of the windows for privacy. On the 2nd floor this isn't as much of an issue - only in the evenings when you have the light on in the bathroom.
    One of the things my husband loves about the 2nd floor is that the head of the bed is right up against windows that look out toward the ocean. He can lay in bed and watch the turquoise waters lap onto the white sands. It also provides a nice breeze when sleeping.

I wish I had pictures to show you but both rooms are beautiful.
    Karon