Default It's our first time to all-inclusive...which room would you choose?

We had the Deluxe Garden Suite reserved, but our TA called and we can upgrade to a Deluxe Beach Front. Is one better than the other? Or are they both wonderful - just have to decide if we want the beach or garden view? Thank you!!

Assuming that you are staying at Couples Negril, the difference between the Garden Suite and and Beachfront Suite is somewhat minimal. If you check out the "map & 360" view on the CN tab, you can see that all of the buildings are on an angle and do not face directly to the water.
    Both rooms are identical in size and layout so there will be no difference as far as that goes. They are very spacious with a huge bathroom.
    We stayed in a third floor Garden Suite in building 8 last year and we could see the beach from our balcony. We just were not as close to the water as the beachfront suites are.
    You will love Couples Negril and I recommend the in-suite dining on one of your nights there, it was fantastic. The hors d'oeuvres delivered to your room each night is a nice touch too.
    Last edited by rjammin; August 27th, 2012 at 03:06 PM.

We almost always book the least expensive room. We spend very little awake time in our room so really don't care what the view is as long as it's not the Houston skyline. Our gardenview room at CTI had an ocean view even though not directly.

Not sure which resort you're talking about, but I'm sure either will be fine. And note that "beach front" does not necessarily equate to ocean view. If the view is just of sand, I think I'd rather enjoy a garden view. The gardens at Couples are all lovely.

KJBest -
    It would depend on the room you actually have reserved. Based on your titles, I assume you are at Negril. The rooms there would either be a Deluxe Garden room or a Garden Suite, not a Delux Garden Suite.

The Deluxe Garden Room and the Deluxe Beachfront are the "same" room, just in different locations on the resort. Thus if you could upgrade for no cost and would prefer to be by the beach, then upgrade. The rooms themselves are laid out the same and have the same amenities.

Now if you actually have a Garden Suite, then it is double the size of a Deluxe Beachfront room and I personally would not switch and would consider this a down grade rather than an upgrade. Again the only benefit to the Deluxe Beachfront would be that it is closer to the beach. That being said, all the rooms are close to the beach.

I defer to others on this fact - I do not know if all beachfront rooms are on the first floor. I think they may be and that is a preference item. I know some people prefer the first floor so they can just walk out onto the beach. I prefer an upper floor. Just a preference item.

No matter which you choose, you will have a great room.

Which resort?

Quote Originally Posted by KJBest View Post
    We had the Deluxe Garden Suite reserved, but our TA called and we can upgrade to a Deluxe Beach Front. Is one better than the other? Or are they both wonderful - just have to decide if we want the beach or garden view? Thank you!!
    Hi! Not sure which Couples you are vacationing at, but go for the beach front!! Nothing beats looking out onto the beautiful turquoise waters of the Caribbean! The gardens are lovely, but I would always take the ocean front over the gardens if offered. We stroll through the gardens while we are there. Which ever you choose, enjoy your vacation!

Am I correct that you are staying at CN? Also, is your upgrade to a Beach Front Suite? If it's the Beachfront Suite and there is no charge, for sure go for it!!!

I just got back from CTI recently and it was for our honeymoon, so we got a more expensive room. If I were to go again, I'd get the cheapest room, not because ours was bad, but because we didn't spend enough time in it for it to make that much of a difference. That's just my opinion though.

The suites are exactly the same and you are right, you have to decide which view you want.

We'll be at CN. Thanks everyone for the replies. We are so excited for this trip!!!

We used to get a suite at Negril, but this February in order to help offset the increased cost of air fare, we got a garden room, cheapest they have, and absolutely fell in love with where it was located. Like others have said though, it is your choice. We could see the water and it was a very short walk to the beach. Loved it, hope we can get that room location again next year.

If you're at CN and there's no add'l charge, go for the Beachfront Suite. However, if you're sensitive about overlooking the AN beach, be sure to ask for a room that is not in Building 9 (which basically overlooks that beach).

The Garden Suites have a nice view of the garden (duh!) and also the beach -- especially if you're on the 2nd or 3rd floor. If there's an added cost for the beachfront suite, I'd stick with the Garden Suite.

First time to CN but CSA vets. At CSA always get an Atrium. Originally was going with garden room. Because of the Wed special we went with the beachfront room. Hope we made an okay choice.

Beachfront!!!!!!

brennie, you did great with your choice for a beachfront room. Amy room at CN is fantastic. You are now a few steps closer to the beach!

Quote Originally Posted by KJBest View Post
    The Atriums by the wedding gazebo is our love.