Default Delta or American

Hi everyone I am a newbie getting ready to book my first trip to CSA in November 2012.
    I am trying to figure out which Airline to take. I am flying out of Dallas, TX. My travel agent says Delta is better and flying through Atlanta is easier. I am leaning toward American because we arrive in MBJ an hour earlier than Delta flight (1140 arrival) and the arrival into Dallas is 2 hours earlier and we like that since we have to pick up our kids and drive 4 hrs to Houston. We are flying business/first class entire way. Any comments will help me choose. I have only flown delta economy and thought it was nice.
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydiva12 View Post
    Hi everyone I am a newbie getting ready to book my first trip to CSA in November 2012.
    I am trying to figure out which Airline to take. I am flying out of Dallas, TX. My travel agent says Delta is better and flying through Atlanta is easier. I am leaning toward American because we arrive in MBJ an hour earlier than Delta flight (1140 arrival) and the arrival into Dallas is 2 hours earlier and we like that since we have to pick up our kids and drive 4 hrs to Houston. We are flying business/first class entire way. Any comments will help me choose. I have only flown delta economy and thought it was nice.
    Thanks in advance

I personally think AA has a better first class offering than Delta. I also am not a fan at ATL and how long it can take to switch terminals. You dont mention a layover with AA, if you have one I assume its in Miami, which again I prefer to ATL when making connections. Enjoy you will love CSA....we have been twice with third trip in April

Go American! Depending on your arrival to ATL you will have to claim your lugage and recheck them to baord your next flight. It's not as bad as it sounds, they have an underground claims area and rechecking is just next door. Lot's of European flights arive in ATL and you may be slowed with their customs and immigration matters.

We like American better because no bag fees on flights to the Caribbean. I have also seen a non stop from DFW to Montego Bay on American so no layover.

delta lost my luggage and sent me from one customer service rep to another ( a total of 7) before anyone truly helped, or even seemed to care.

i haven't had much experience with american, but i'm hoping there's no problem because that's what we're flying in on in 17 days.

I only fly Delta when I travel by plane so I am slightly biased. But based on the reports I got from a question I posed earlier, the consensus was to get to the resort ASAP to enjoy every second of my vacation time. So for you that would mean American. Something to keep in mind is, I have learned from this message board that Couples from CTI and CSS will have you leave the resort 4 hours prior to your flight time in order to make the drive and pass through security etc. so the earlier your departure time, the earlier you have to get up.

I hope you have an awesome time!
    Brenda

Go direct on American. Sooner you get there the sooner you get to paradise. I take American out of DFW and have no issues

We flew AA to CSA back in 2010 and it was wonderful. My husband had a broken ankle at the time and they took great care of us. That being said, we're flying Delta when we go to CTI this Christmas. I've flown Delta for years and have never had any issues. My ex used to be a flight attendant for them, and I can personally say I was very well catered to in first class. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Once you're on the beach with a drink in your hand, are you really going to care how the flight down was? ;-)

We booked AMerican because it got there earlier. We were supposed to arrive at MBJ at 11am. Well our flight got cancelled, they had to move us to a Delta flight anyway and we didn't get in until 9pm. I will never fly American again, our flight on the way home was delayed almost 2 hours so instead of getting back to MI at 11pm, we got back at 1am and had a 6 hour layover in Dallas that was only supposed to be 4. We will stick with our favorite (never any isses, fly usually somewhere once a year) Delta.
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

Hey! We are in Dallas, as well and will be at CSA November 11-18! This will be our 4th time - first time since having our son!- and have always flown American. We flew first class twice, but used our miles to purchase this trip and will fly couch. We LOVE the direct flight which leaves DFW around 930am and gets to MoBay around 230pm. We'd love to get there earlier, but prefer not to have layovers anywhere....We've had bad luck with layovers...
    Anyway - you will love CSA! Love to have a drink with y'all at one of the amazing bars while we are there!

Get there as fast as you can...American!

Although every airline will have anecdotal stories of failure, Delta's epic failure with me will not be forgotten. It wasn't the fact that they blundered airport operations so badly that hundreds of people missed flights (we were 2.5 hours early to the airport and still missed it), or that they cancelled our leg from Atlanta to Montego Bay or even that they lost our luggage...it was the attitude of the employees. Not one Delta employee showed any interest in providing anything remotely resembling customer service, and one in particular was offensively rude (offering no assistance to help us get out of Atlanta...thank you AirTran for taking getting us home!).

(sorry for the rant...take American )

We are at css now. American lost our luggage in miami . cust service was great . Had it next day! Having the time of our lives!!!

Don't
    Expect
    Luggage
    To
    Arrive

Fly American Airlines.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

I would recommend flying American Airlines - there is no baggage fee with AA, which can save you $50 or more per round trip ticket. We have had good luck with AA out of Chicago (knock on wood) - sometimes direct, sometimes connecting through Miami. Getting there earlier is also a great thing. Have a nice trip.

Continental/United!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I would say AA. There's a direct flight from Dallas..i only know b/c that's our connecting on the way back. I refuse to come back through MIA and ATL is hit or miss. We're traveling AA next month from MSY