Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bring Rings?

Default Bring Rings?

I was wondering what experiences people have had with bringing their wedding rings? My fiancee's ring is very expensive, and it is on our home owners insurance, but are there any safety concerns with bringing our rings or should we leave them at home. I am not worried about losing them, but I have often heard of security reasons when traveling to other countries. Thanks! (31 days until CN!)

We typically bring our rings on the vacation but ALWAYS leave them in the safe except for dinners. I have seen too many newlyweds searching the sand and unfortunately sometimes the ocean for their lost rings... I would not be worried about security at all as long as they are locked in the room safe when not on your hand! If you do off resort excursions I might recomend leaving them at the resort in the safe also. Enjoy your trip!!! We are down to 28 days until back home at CSA!

Other then it falling off in water or on the beach no worries. If you plan on taking them off lock them up in your room safe and you'll be fine.

Because of sunscreen and water we put ours in the safe during the day and wear them at night if we wantno problems

I leave mine in the safe during the day not because I worry about safety, I don't want to lose them. Last year I didn't realize it but a ring my husband had made for me skipped off my finger in a towel. Fortunately, someone turned it in to the front desk while I was standing there.

Hi TonyT,
    I take my rings with me--as does my hubby--we leave the rings and other valuables in the safe. In five trips to CSS, we have never had a problem! So do whatever you are comfortable with.

Have a great trip!
    suzyQ

Wear it on the plane. Wear it on the ride to CN. Wear it until you get to your room. Then put it in the safe, but not loose. There is a spot under the hinge in the safes at CN that will hide a ring. Mine was there for 2 days before I even realized what had happened. We called security and even they searched the safe. You canít see it back there and canít feel it either. I finally started poking around under the hinge with a pen and heard a click that sounded like maybe a ring. A little more poking sand it came out. Just take along a box to put it in.

Then, keep it in the safe at night and during the day. Many rings have been lost in the water or on the beach due to slippery fingers from sun burn lotion. Also, the salt in the water an air may damage the metal band. Then, when you dress for dinner and the evening entertainment, put the rings on. Donít wear it on any off-site excursions, into town or any off-resort bars either.

Itís just common sense really. Weíve done this on 5 trips to Jamaica and 3 of the 4 Couples resorts and never had a problem except for the one hidden in the safe I mentioned above.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Default Rings

I always wear a "fake" , fun ring. I've never been worried about theft, but instead would be devastated if I lost my wedding set.
    We dive, swim etc. Best to leave your treasured set at home. It's also a great excuse to shop for a fun cocktail ring for an equally fun vacation!

You'll hear both sides in this discussion. I have purchased beautiful Diamonique sets to take to Jamaica to wear. To me they look real and I don't have to worry about losing them or someone taking them.

We never bring our wedding rings- or any valuable jewelry when we go on vacation out of the country, we have never had anything stolen and have never lost anything in the past....precisely why we leave these items home in our safe- I would be heartbroken if it ever happened. Everything is insured, but irreplaceable- so leave it home- no worries! I never wear jewelry at all during the day- to avoid tan lines- and wear fun costume jewelry in the evenings.

My wife and I bought Jamaican rings, my wifes was very expensive too and we thought this would be the best idea. This way you dont have to worry about losing it and you can just enjoy yourself!

Hubby and I always wear ours. I have been wearing mine so long that I feel naked without it! I even wore it when I was in the hospital, as I did my school ring...worked too hard not to wear it! lol

We also have "vacation" rings that are less expensive and sentimental than our real wedding rings. This way, you don't have to have a naked finger and look single, but you also don't have to worry about losing them or the possibility of theft (slim as it might be). I think it's the best compromise!

We always leave ours at home. Not because of the security, but because of the sand and sea. My husband lost his original one river tubing once and trust me, it definitely put a damper on our trip!

We leave ours at home. We know we're married and no one else needs to or wants to see them. Some folks seem to think that if they don't have them on they are not married or something.

I would just wear your wedding band. A big rock will draw attention to you if you leave the resort and if the wrong person sees the rock they may try to steal it. Big rocks in any big city in the USA have the same issues. It is so sad it is hard to trust anyone in any country.
    Irie Mon

Always brought em, and never thought twice about it.

Bring them if you want, but as most everyone else has said, leave them in the safe when you are doing anything by the sand or water. I had to learn the hard way. Last year on our honeymoon, I was wearing mine in the ocean. One of our friends asked how loose my ring was...after a couple Bob Marley's, I was showing her, and right when the ring was by my knuckle, a wave came and knocked it off my finger! THANKFULLY, her hubby found it in a few LONNNNG minutes....I don't think others have been so lucky. After that, in the safe it went! When we come back next month, the ring will be in the safe unless we are at dinner!

I got a huge fake diamond at Kohls to wear! I think it's fun to feel like a movie star on vacation. We have been to CN ten times and have never, ever had anything stolen. We have several times, however, seen some very sad, very frantic people lose rings diving off the catamaran and playing in the ocean.

I feel naked w/o mine! lol

Or you can be like my hubby this month and leave your wedding ring in the truck at airport!!! We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at CSA and renewed our vows on beach. We walked up beach and bought 2 turtle shell rings for 20 dollars, and it was beautiful!!

I always wear my rings and have never had a problem. I do keep them in the safe during the day though, and only wear them at night. I have a fake ring that I bought for $15 that I brought in case I felt "naked" without a ring on, that I knew wouldn't bother me if it was lost.

I got a new ring last year after my third baby was born. Since my original wedding ring was not nearly as expensive as my new ring, I never worried about it on previous vacations. But, tjis year I am leaving my real ring at home and wearing a fake one. This is not a commetary on the trustworthiness of the staff at Couples because we have never had a problem before. It is more that if I lost my ring in the sand I would be really upset. I figure why take the chance?

This thread baffles me a smidge. Are there people born without knuckles? Most people I know don't ever take their wedding rings off, and the rings don't just randomly fall off ) If you're going to take the ring(s) off and put them in the safe, why bother taking them on your trip to begin with?

As far as sunscreen, sand, etc. are concerned, they won't ruin a (real) diamond so no worries there! The resorts are perfectly safe...no one is going to jump out from behind a large croton and snatch your jewels.

Relax and sparkle in the sun!!

Lots of jerk pork + humidity = swelling = no lost jewelry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast