Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 1st Time at an AI.. I am a little nervous!

This is our first time at an AI. We are avid cruisers... I am a little nervous about CN. Tell me something to ease my mind..MON! I am 73 days away.. Will be there Thanksgiving Week!!

Why are you nervous? No worries. You will never cruise again!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

My husband and I took a couple of cruises that we had really enjoyed, when he said he would like to try and AI in Jamaica. So I did some research and we went to CSS last year. It was GREAT. We didn't have to worry about where we were going the next day. What we wanted to do, or anything else. We could do as we wanted. There is no extra charges for anything we wanted to do. The food was great, and all drinks are included. No extra charges for liqure or soda. We booked our next vacation back at Couples. I think I still might like one more cruise (we did the eastern and western Carribbean, & I think at some point I might like to do the southern), but for now I wouldn't give up our Couples vacation (our AI) for anything.
    Linda

If you like laying on a gorgeous beach, swimming in clear blue waters, hanging out at a beautiful pool with a fun pool bar, watching the palm trees sway in the tropical breeze, eating great food, drinking all the tropical drinks you can hold, smiling until it hurts, meeting great people, & being waited on hand & foot then you should have no worries at CN. And at the end there is no tipping & no bar bills to pay. I've never been on a cruise but from what I have heard from others I can't imagine it compares with CN. We've stayed at other AI's but CN is our PARADISE. Go & ENJOY with NO WORRIES!!!!
    Julie

Your room will be bigger, getting to a great beach won't require you to disembark, and there won't be a bar bill at the end of your trip. Does that help?

What are you nervous about?

Lots of stuff to do that is all included in the price.

Couples does not have any extra or hidden charges. No tipping at the resort is also the rule. The only tipping is the baggage staff at the airport, Spa staff, and the bus drivers.

Relax and enjoy you trip.
    Irie Mon

worst case scenario CN will not sink so hopefully that should put your mind at ease... there ARE life vest bnear the water sports if that will put your mind at ease ... enjoy and dont forget to pack your crocs

We've done the cruise thing before. Will probably never do it again (well maybe an Alaskan cruise).

Look at it this way...for the same money (or less) you get a room that is bigger than a walk-in closet.

You don't have to pay extra for a shore excursion at each port. Lots of excursions/activities are already included. Also, you won't finish the trip with a bar bill waiting for you when you get back to the home port. That one really surprised us our first cruise.

We didn't mind cruising for a small, short taste of different islands. But it was just a short taste. We felt like we were always going to our next destination...always on the move. Going AI, especially Couples, is MUUUUCH more relaxing than a cruise.

So, ease your mind. You're doing a good thing here. You might never want to cruise again after this trip.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Skpirtle,

No worries mon!!!! First of all what are you nervous about? There is no bar bill at the end!!!! You can drink whatever you want whenever you want premium brands, and no bar bill at the end!!!!

You can eat whenever you want as much as you want, gourmet food, if you don't like something, order something else.

We used to go to the Cassava Terrace to check out the buffet for lunch, eat there then go to the beach grill and order our jerk chicken, got to the point Peggyweggy would say, are we going here then there, or there and then here?

You can go waterskiing, snorkeling, take the hobie cats, or kayaks out, go on a Catamaran cruise, if you want to take the scuba course and do the resort dive, go for it, if you are a certified diver you can dive everyday, it is all included!!!!!

There is no structure, you do what you want when you want....and did I mention there is no bar bill at the end?????

we are apparently going to be there the same time. We have never been to an AI or to Jamaica, but I have been reading this board for about 4 months or so and based on the number of people who return over and over, I would say we made the right choice. There are so many people on here and all they can say is how great this place is.....also if you read reviews on other sites (hotel.com, trip advisor) the reviews are as spectacular as they are on here. I am excited and have no fear at all of this being our first time...I think this is exactly the RIGHT place for a first AI and first time to Jamaica...relax, we will party together when we get there!

I know you won't have a bar bill at the end of the week

No rising early to get to shore, no hurrying back to the ship so you do not miss it, no hurrying back to make it to dinner. No $6 beers or $10 martinis, incredible food, beautiful beaches & beautiful people! No worries, mon!

My husband and I had never been to an AI either before our trip to Sans Souci in Dec. of 2006. (We had traveled quite a bit before that however; Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Bermuda, St. John, Europe, etc.). We were also a little apprehensive but I can tell you that without a doubt we enjoyed that trip immensely. So much so in fact, that we booked CSA the following year and Negril in Dec. of 2008. We will be at CTI this December.
    We are definitely not cruise people (although we have been on two cruises) and we usually do not go back to the same place, but Couples just can't be beat in our opinion.
    I hope you enjoy every minute!

I forget to say that so far CN is our favorite resort!

My wife and I have been to several AIs. before and that is the way to go. If you are hungry you eat if you are thirsty you drink and you do not half to worry about a bill. I'll order things just to see if I will like it, if I don't who cares, the same with drinks, it is asome.

We have cruised and stayed at Couples and other AIs. Although there are similarities, the differences are what make Couples better. First off, all the booze is included! I can't tell you how much we've spent on cruise ships - it's one of their primary ways of making money. And you don't have to be a big drinker to run up a huge tab - a few beers and a bottle of wine at dinner, and you're looking at an extra $50 a day.

Couples is much more relaxing than a cruise. On the days when you're in port, if you really want to see the island, you have to get up early, rush through breakfast, etc., because many of the tours start at 9:00. There just isn't any rushing around while you're at Couples (unless that's what you want to do). Oh, and on the days that you're at sea, just remember how crowded the pool deck is. Not an issue at Couples.

The food at Couples is on par with most cruise lines. There is a wide variety, and you can order three appetizers or six desserts if you want to. And you don't have to sit at a table with complete strangers unless you want to.

The entertainment is slightly better on a cruise ship (there aren't the huge extravaganzas at Couples). But there is certainly good entertainment in the evening.

And, of course, don't forget the inclusions like snorkeling, catamaran cruise, etc. These would cost you a minimum of $50 pp on a cruise.

Finally, the service is just as good or better at Couples, and you don't have to tip everyone like on a cruise. I hate passing out those stupid envelopes at the end of the cruise.

OK, so there's nothing like being on a ship at sea. We love it, too. But I am sure that you will also love Couples.

After your experience at CN, I bet you never cruise again! Don't be one bit nervous. CN is a wonderful choice.
    Lew

You will love CN so much more then a cruise.

First, you don't have to pay for any of your drinks, unlike a cruise.

Second, if you don't have to wait for the tender every morning to go ashore. You just step out of your room and there you are.

Third, I think that the food is better then any cruise I have been on.

Fourth, you don't have dress up for anything if you don't want.

Fifth and most important, you are at Couples Negril. It truly is a slice of heaven here on earth. Karen and her staff will pamper you like nobody's business. You won't want to leave.

I'm sure you're going to get plenty of more detailed replies, so I'll just say this:

Last year we spent a lot of time with a couple who were also very avid cruisers, and it was also their first time at an AI. They were absolutely blown away by Couples and were already planning a return trip before they left.

Ms Karen Lanigan will make sure that you have the time of your life. You will fall in love with Couples Resorts and you will be saying "Why did we ever do a cruise. We missed out on this."

Welcome to the family of Coupleholics. You made the right move!

The only people who should be worried are the ones who own the cruise ships, because they've likely seen the last of you. Relax. You have made a great choice, enjoy your time at CN.
    nobody's favorite poster

No risk of sea sickness either!!

This should say it all. Every time we go to Couples we see more and more repeat guests. We have been five times and planning #6. I am not a cruise person. I love being on a beautiful beach all day long. This place is magical.

We too, were cruisers. Never chose a cruise that stopped at JA because people told us how HORRIBLE it was. Our daughter honeymooned in Ocho Rios and convinced us to give it a try. We have returned every year (sometimes twice) and have not cruised since.

Oh my gosh!! The differences are night and day, in my opinion. We have been on 2 cruises and I can't tell you how much MORE I love Couples. You don't stay in a room that is like a jail cell, you have no bill for alcohol, most of your excursions are paid for, the food is to die for, NO TIPPING, the guests and staff are the best in the world and you get to know them during your visit. I could go on and on....needless to say, you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Couples, and wonder why it took you so long to get there!!!
    Kristen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast