Default CTI - Cigarettes

Ok lest try this a second time,

How are the smoking rules at CTI? Are there any? Can you buy cigarettes in the gift shop? At the Airport?

We are smokers so we want to know if there are any worries we should have or if we should bring our own from US.

thank you

I believe that the gift shop only has Marlboro's, but you can get them there.

There is a policy but I could not find it on the site. Best to call and ask directly. From what I can remember about 2 years ago Couples made all rooms smoke free, with a charge being assessed if you smoke in your room. I also believe they also made most of the resort areas smoke free. I believe they set aside some areas for smoking though.

Hopes this helps some. If you find the policy or if you call please let us all know.
    Mark & Sylvia

I quit about 3 years ago but my wife still smokes . You can get cigarettes at the gift shop but they are not the same as US cigarettes. They are the same 3-4 major brands but they are not imported from the US and are a bit more harsh as I remember. I also remember they were more expensive than they were back home in Chicago. We always just packed our own and, sadly, my wife still does.
    You can pick them up at the duty free shops on your way home for less but, again, they are not US made. I think they were from the Dominican Republic if I remember correctly.

My suggestion is to bring your own. As far as I know you can't smoke in the Piano Bar or the restaurants that are inside.

The gift shop may have some but a very limited selection at least the last time we were at CTI 3 yeras ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Visit View Post
    Ok lest try this a second time,

How are the smoking rules at CTI? Are there any? Can you buy cigarettes in the gift shop? At the Airport?

We are smokers so we want to know if there are any worries we should have or if we should bring our own from US.

thank you
    There is a cigarette machine in the game room. I don't know if they sell them in the gift shop? No one seemed to care if you were smoking at the pool or beach~ Have a great trip!

Smoking is open when you are outside or in your room. Yes they do sell them, but bring your smokes with you. Very costly.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by bowmanswell View Post
    There is a policy but I could not find it on the site. Best to call and ask directly. From what I can remember about 2 years ago Couples made all rooms smoke free, with a charge being assessed if you smoke in your room. I also believe they also made most of the resort areas smoke free. I believe they set aside some areas for smoking though.

Hopes this helps some. If you find the policy or if you call please let us all know.

This is not true! I was just there, you can smoke in your room and any open area. The only place you can not smoke is in the restaurants. Bring your own cigs. At the airport when leaving there is a smoke shop that you can buy for a lot cheaper.
    Dianavr

Quote Originally Posted by dianavr View Post
    This is not true! I was just there, you can smoke in your room and any open area. The only place you can not smoke is in the restaurants. Bring your own cigs. At the airport when leaving there is a smoke shop that you can buy for a lot cheaper.
    Thank you for the update. The only reason I believed this was due to the post and poll by Randymon about smoking at the resorts some time in the past.

Thank you, for the clarification and real world results.
    Mark & Sylvia

Thank you for all of the comments and suggestions it is good to know.