Default Couples Negril's beach singer, Ancel Powell

Has anyone been to Couples Negril lately and seen Ancel Powell singing on the beach. I look forward to seeing him each year and wondering how he is doing? He has a fantastic voice! He has blessed my visits each year with his wonderful voice and his gently kindness. Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can give me some recent information on him.

Just left cn. Still there and great as always!

Is he the one armed guy with the key board? If so, I look for him every time I go to CN. He is very kind and I love his voice.
    One Love,
    Mya

Kerill and Myapapya,

Thanks so much for letting me know about Ancel. Our trip wouldn't be complete without seeing him every year singing on the beach. Yes, it will be a sad day the time he stops singing.

Despite only having one arm, this man plays the keyboard and has a gentle soothing voice. Before heading to Negril for the first time five years ago, I went on youtube and ran into several videos like this of him.
    It was so neat to finally meet him in person and have him sing to me. Here is one of the videos of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ8rl...eature=related

If you have never meet him, look for him singing on the beach with his other band member, (Joshua ) I believe is his name. He puts a lot of meaning into his songs. Thanks again, Redsun

I have never seen Ancel. I will keep an eye out for him.

I do enjoy Donnovan, though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI3_9d2wySM

Quote Originally Posted by redsun View Post
    Kerill and Myapapya,

Thanks so much for letting me know about Ancel. Our trip wouldn't be complete without seeing him every year singing on the beach. Yes, it will be a sad day the time he stops singing.

Despite only having one arm, this man plays the keyboard and has a gentle soothing voice. Before heading to Negril for the first time five years ago, I went on youtube and ran into several videos like this of him.
    It was so neat to finally meet him in person and have him sing to me. Here is one of the videos of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ8rl...eature=related

If you have never meet him, look for him singing on the beach with his other band member, (Joshua ) I believe is his name. He puts a lot of meaning into his songs. Thanks again, Redsun

Just another one of the many, many things we love about the CN beach! Thank's for posting. It took us back to paradise for a couple of minutes. Another 134 days and we'll be back there!!!!!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We've seen him a couple of times. He didn't have his keyboard in this shot, but he was still great!
    Name:  Jamaica 2008_077-1.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  38.3 KB

Kevin_Telica,

Thanks so much for the picture of Ancel and Joshua. Made my day! Redsun

::

You're welcome Redsun!

Kevin

We love listening to Ancel as well and agree that a trip to CN wouldn't be as pleasurable without him! Does anyone know if Donnavan Dalrymple is still playing on the beach? I can still hear him saying, What a show, what a way to go"!

We just got back from CN and didn't see Ancel but we saw Donnavan several times. His voice isn't anything to write home about but I loved listening to him sing Buffalo Soldier and his funny tag line that congratulates himself is awesome!

This past April as another beach performer was singing/playing for us, Donnavan came down the beach. Respectful of the other performer, he kept his distance and let the other man play. The thing that really impressed me was that as he kept his distance, Donnavan looked out to the sea and quietly played and sang for just himself. While the music might be his living, it became apparent to me that it is so much more. It is part of him - regardless of whether he plays for us or not, the music still comes out.

Last year Donnavan was going to sing " No Woman No Cry" which is an incredible Bob Marley song and I asked him if he would sing " Waiting In Vain" instead. (also by Bob Marley) He seemed so excited to have a request. Then I asked him if he knew anything by Jimmy Cliff and he was just in the zone! He truly enjoys performing!