Thread: New to CN!

Default New to CN!

Hi Everyone!
    My soon to be husband and I will be visiting Couples Negril in July 2013 for the first time! It will be our first Couples visit as well as our first Jamaica visit!

I must apologize if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find it........
    I'm just wondering as I view pictures/videos/etc I notice there are parts of the day where NO ONE seems to be in the pool or on the beach. Are there hours of restriction or is CN just truely not crowded??

There is no restrictions on pool or beach use. It may be that pics with an empty pool or beach were probably taken in the early morning or late evening. Early morning is a great time to take resort pictures. That being said, we've been in July/August and the resort is never over crowded. We're headed back to CN the last week of July 2013.
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

Early morning is usually slower both at the beach and pool. That is a great time to get pictures. There are no restrictions.
    Jamaica Us Happy
    Jason & Ann

We were there the latter part of February,beginning of March this year.The beach never felt crowded and there were always loungers available.We were told the resort was at 95% occupancy.My wife and our friends prefer mostly shade and that was somewhat of a premium!That being said we were able to get the same shady spot every day save one.Most people were in the direct sun all day so no problem for them.No towel game as all as there are plenty of loungers.We beached straight out from the beach bar which was convenient to the bar and our room.
    Now the pool.It appeared the beach was the biggest draw however there were people lounging by the pool,just more on the beach.Again loungers were available.With such a beautiful beach and water we preferred the beach as most others seemed to.The AN beach and area were never really crowed.Most I saw there were 12-15 people,mostly less.
    The pool bar got more crowded around late afternoon.I think that depends on the people who are there when you all are.Beach seemed to thin out late afternoon also.Everyone powering up for the evening and napping off the sun and rum!
    Last, no hours of restriction were posted but in the morning they clean the pool.Sometimes that finished up between 9-10.Beach loungers were ready to go early in the morning.We loved it as did our friends. It is on our top 5 resorts ever.We are booked at CSS next February but will return to CN again.Feel free to email me for additional questions. dhoward@pa.net

The only time the pool is closed is early in the morning when the watersports guys are cleaning it. Beach is never closed!

We go to CN every July. You are going to love it. I stay in the pool and ocean all day from early morning to early evening. I literally live in a bathing suit. By about 7 p.m. I HAVE to get out of the water. But many people stay in the pool. There are no restrictions. And also CN doesn't ever feel crowded. The place can be full and you'd never know it. It is paradise.

My husband and I are also booked for our first CN and Jamaica trip next July 24-31. Glad to know there are other overachievers out there.

Not certain the time the pictures were taken, but early morning and very late afternoon things are pretty quiet. We always go during high season, February, and have never felt like it was crowded even though they were full. There are times the pool is busy, and the beach is long so to me it is never crowded, always plenty of loungers and shade. Enjoy our Jamaica home.

No restrictions. CN just is not that crowded. Truly a relaxing resort.

No restricted hours.. We are going for our third time later this month.. Last year, we were often the only ones on the AN beach! July might be a bit more busy than September though.. It is AWESOME and you will LOVE it!
    Lucy

Resorts take pictures with out people in them. They would have to get permission from everyone in the pictures before they could publish them.

The size of CN compared to the capacity means it's never really crowded, even when the resort is full. Lot of folks (us included) start at the beach in the morning and then move to the pool in the afternoon. The pool bar tends to be "the place to be" in late afternoon-- in the morning, most people aren't yet drinking.

The pool is well-subscribed but NEVER crowded (and we've been there at all times of year). The beach is so large -- long and deep -- that there are plenty of loungers and even if everyone went into the water at the same time, there would be PLENTY of room.

One of the reasons we love CN is that we have never, ever felt crowded and there is NEVER a need to "chair hog." Plenty of loungers, plenty of room. PERFECT!!

Thank you all SOOOOOOO much for the replies. I'm so excited!!! As I mentioned before, we are intending to go the beginning of July 2013 and with it being nearly 10 months away its all I think about every day! - I really wish we were there now!

You will have a GREAT time. We will be going in late May 2013 for the 3rd year in a row. I think about being there every day. I check out the message board every day to see what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryandSam View Post
    My husband and I are also booked for our first CN and Jamaica trip next July 24-31. Glad to know there are other overachievers out there.
    Hello Jerry & Sam...we're planning to book July 2013 for 7/28-8/4. Maybe see you at the pool bar !!!
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013