Default Mini bar question

Are the items left in the minibar, ting, ect allowed to be taken home with us when we leave? What about the liquor in the room, can we take it as well?

Thanks,

Eric

I guess you could take the soda with you?!? but the liquor comes in full size bottles with a pour topper, probably to keep you from taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerslayer View Post
    Are the items left in the minibar, ting, ect allowed to be taken home with us when we leave? What about the liquor in the room, can we take it as well?

Thanks,

Eric
    The liquor bottles all have their caps removed and replaced with pouring spouts. So I suppose you could take them if you brought your own caps to replace the pouring spouts. Or maybe bring your own alternative containers.

I have no idea what Couple's policy is on this but I imagine it's been done before.

Even if you can do it, I recommend you don't.

It's a huge hassle taking bottles large bottles of anything thru the airport. If it's over 3 oz. and doesn't fit in the same 1 quart bag with the rest of you stuff you have to pack it in your checked luggage. The extra weight could result in baggage weight charges if your bags are already full and close to the weight limit. There's always the risk of the bottles getting broken and filling your luggage with booze and broken glass. If you have to do a transfer on the way home you have to recheck your luggage meaning you have to lug that extra weight to the check in point.

Keep in mind that just about anything you can get at Couples can also be had at any reasonably well stocked liquor store.

So yeah, I suppose you could take the mini bar stock with you. But the hassle isn't worth it, IMHO.

as generous as they are at couples resorts why would you do that.

Buy Ting at home.

Besides, we're not talking top of the line liquor here !!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...2/5bdb47ce.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...2/9926afb4.jpg

And, most of the time, our bottles in the mini fridge (pop, water, juice) are sticky from something being spilled (like oj or something). I usually go in w/ a Clorox wipe & clean up the fridge & bottles myself.

And, do you want to try explaining that one to the U.S. Customs officer when you come back into the U.S. ??!! Well......I have 4 opened bottles of liquor in my suitcase......

Quote Originally Posted by 2LINY View Post
    as generous as they are at couples resorts why would you do that.
    I didn't think so, I was jus wondering if it was like "here, take the leftovers."

not worth the hassle
    buy liquor at duty free at airport and then you can take it on the plane

best not - aim to be a class act and leave the fittings, fixtures and half drunk bottles of spirits behind.

Hey, why stop with the booze, what about the fridge itself?????

lol @ ruthjfj

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

What gin choices are there at CN ? Never heard of Gilbeys !!!!

Leave the left overs

Would you ask for a doggie bag at an all-you-can eat buffet? Would you ask Couples to pack up a couple of meals for you when you leave? The all-inclusive means all you can consume while you’re on the resort, not all you can take home with you! If you give some people an inch they will try to take a mile.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Wouldn't dream of taking any 'leftovers' from the mini bar or anywhere else.

Just imagine the cost to Couples if every couple from every room in every resort decided to take home a bottle or two of spirits on each visit. If you don't use it, leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthjfj View Post
    best not - aim to be a class act and leave the fittings, fixtures and half drunk bottles of spirits behind.
    But you can take the pictures on the wall and the patio furniture! j/k

If you want to take a soda or water for the trip back to MoBay...no problem. But leave the rest behind.
    Chuck and Gail
    Washington DC area (Northern VA)
    CSS April 19th
    7th Trip to Couples (2xCSA 4xCSS 1xCTI)
    Too many trips to JA to count and still love it!

Okay,okay guys got the message. I was just curious. I'm at CSA and trust me, I'm drinking my money's worth. Thanks for the comments.

Eric

Make sure to saly you a Jamaican Guiness from the Sports Bar. Delicious.

Will do! I'm still getting a feel for where everything is stocked. So many bars and restaurants. The wife and I are so impressed!