Default Tipping the guy who brings your bag to your room???

I just read this on the latest Trip Advisor review

"Have tips ready for the driver from the airport and the guys who take your luggage to your room."

Since when did you have to tip the guy who took your bags to your room? Yes to the driver and yes to the guys at the airport who move your bags from the lounge to the van but at Couples itself???

I have heard about this before. The guys waiting around expecting a tip. Since when?

Randymon: Please advise. I thought they were part of the entire play production so no tips.
    Betty
    Couples Negril - September 2011, 2012, 2013 and have just booked 2014
    Scuba Club Cozumel - Jan, Apr & Nov 2012 and Jan & Nov 2013
    Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman - May 2013
    Retiring & moving to Cozumel, Mexico in early 2014

Yes, we have a no tipping policy. It is strictly enforced and staff may lose their jobs if caught accepting any tips. We appreciate your sentiment however ask that you respect our no tipping policy. The ONLY exception is spa staff.

All staff participate in a generous profit sharing plan.

Try to think of it this way: Imagine that the resort is a theatre putting on a play. Actors (bartenders, waiters, waitresses, etc) are the only employees you see on stage. Yet, there are dozens of people behind the scene helping to ensure that their performance is the best it can be. While these people are not visible, they are equally important to the success of the play.

You only see the actors... No Tipping!

Couples Resorts