Default Zion Bus tour to Bob Marley

Hi has anyone taken the Zion Bus tour to Bob Marley homeplace? How was it? Trying to decide on private or bus?

Hi,
    You don't say where you're staying, but hopefully its at one of the Ocho Rios resorts. We did the trip to Nine Mile with a private driver from CSS and LOVED it!!! What was so nice was our driver picked us up at CSS at the time we requested, we drove non-stop -- except for stopping to take pictures of the countryside--so we didn't have to make stops at other hotels to pick up guests at other hotels. We took our tour, and then made the drive back to Ochi. We asked the driver to stop at Scotchies for lunch--we treated our driver to lunch and also bought some additional food to take home to his family. I think we left the resort about 9am and were back around 1pm, so we still had all afternoon to relax at the resort! Having the private driver gives you the freedom to control your time off the resort that a group tour doesn't.

Have a great trip!
    suzyQ

My boyfriend and I went to Nine Mile last year and loved it. We took a private bus and the driver was friendly and very knowledgable about the island. Not only did we get a ride , but also a history of Jamaica. He charges a flat rate , so if you find others that want to go you can split the cost. Either way it is so worth every penny. Here is his contact information:
    Wentworth Tours
    e-mail: wentworthtours@gmail.com

I would have to recomend the Zion Bus tour. Chukka also offers a jeep tour, but we chose the bus tour. There is a driver and a guide on the bus. The guide plays Bob Marley music and talks about Bob's life, music and history. Very informative and interesting. The van takes you from the resort to the Chukka office. You wait 20-30 minutes and then board the bus. We rode for about an hour and then stopped at Bumper’s Lounge…a little roadside place for a snack (beef wraps). Then it was about an hour more on a narrow winding mountain road to Nine Mile. There is a tour guide there that gives a nice tour that was also very informative. There is a gift shop too (of course). We were there for about an hour. On the way back, we stopped at the same place for lunch...jerk chicken and pork, rice, festivas and lemonade. It cost 80-90 $ each. It was fun, but probably only worth it for hard core Bob Marley fans (which my wife is).
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015