Thread: Topless???

Hybrid View

Default Topless???

Couples is NOT a nudist colony. I don't know what has inspired all these "topless" threads, but I'm beginning to wonder if there's a conspiracy out there to turn the Couples brand from Romance to Raunchy? Now, before you get your naked bowels in an uproar, I have a natural dislike for clothes and have no problem with anyone getting topless or bottomless or sideless for that matter. But in the nearly 30 years I've been going to a Couples resort, I've always considered it to be all about romance and relaxation. Sure, I've spent time on the island at CTI and Sunset Beach at CSS, but that's not what Couples is all about, or at least, it's not what it used to be all about.

Jamaica is very lenient in terms of nudity and that's fine. If I could walk around CSA without my clothes, I'd probably do it, just to maintain my overall tan. Fortunately, for most of us, the majority of the guests to Couples keep their clothes on, especially where we eat. Since Couples is adults only, there's no real concern about being naked, but it doesn't have to be in the forefront of everyone's mind unless that's the direction management has decided to take. Compete with Hedonism? Is that a plan? I hope not.

So, to those of you who want to snorkel topless, golf bottomless, and tan all those places you're going to cover with a dress or three-piece suit when you get home, enjoy yourself, there are plenty of spaces at Couples designated for you to let it all hang out, just try to be romantic while you're at it.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Fawnridge,

Couples is already a topless and AN resort. Thankfully they emphasize romance and not sex. The main question on this board right now is not toplessness it is whether or not topless sunbathing an allowed activity even at CTI should continue to be pushed off to the pier when it is allowed on the main beach at every other Couple's resort.

By pushing topless to the pier at CTI this has multiple problems. The first is that it makes those that do participate in topless sunbathing seem pushed off and unwanted; when this is allowed at CTI. Second it separates a couple when they are topless if one of them wants to get into the beach and water. Third topless sunbathers should be allowed to enjoy the sand and water just like the other sunbathers. Forth, by every point of view if the goal was to hide topless sunbathers by those offended the pier is the worst spot for this because the end of the pier is probably the one spot in the entire resort that is visible from everywhere on the ocean side, where the beach is only visible from the beach. And fifth by making the pier topless this effectively closes the pier to other guests that don't go topless but might want to enjoy the pier during the day. These seem to be just some of the problems of pushing the topless sunbathers to the end of the pier. This is not a conversation about should it be allowed or hidden because it is allowed and it is on display as much as the ocean is on display at CTI.

In regards to the topless snorkeling that thread had to be in-jest and was probably meant to try to make a point, on how ridiculous this is. No one can topless snorkel, you wear a lifejacket on the boat and even in the water what would be the point.

If topless sunbathing was brought back to the beach this would stop the ostracizing of certain guests, open the pier to all, keep couples together and not separated while sunbathing. By bring it back to the main beach only It would not add to the topless women being seen by others the pier is easily viewable by all on the beach, pier, wedding parties on the beach and grass overlook, entire walkway and main building patio, veggy bar, main bar, swim-up bar pool, and almost every ocean view room. If anything it would allow those guests that are offended by this to avoid seeing a topless woman. Most people want to look out to the ocean when they are in Jamaica. The Pier is part of that view at CTI.

No-one wants CTI or Couples to become Hedonism or a spring break. We are all there to be with are spouses.
    Last edited by bowmanswell; September 7th, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bowmanswell View Post
    Fawnridge,

Couples is already a topless and AN resort. Thankfully they emphasize romance and not sex. The main question on this board right now is not toplessness it is whether or not topless sunbathing an allowed activity even at CTI should continue to be pushed off to the pier when it is allowed on the main beach at every other Couple's resort.

By pushing topless to the pier at CTI this has multiple problems. The first is that it makes those that do participate in topless sunbathing seem pushed off and unwanted; when this is allowed at CTI. Second it separates a couple when they are topless if one of them wants to get into the beach and water. Third topless sunbathers should be allowed to enjoy the sand and water just like the other sunbathers. Forth, by every point of view if the goal was to hide topless sunbathers by those offended the pier is the worst spot for this because the end of the pier is probably the one spot in the entire resort that is visible from everywhere on the ocean side, where the beach is only visible from the beach. And fifth by making the pier topless this effectively closes the pier to other guests that don't go topless but might want to enjoy the pier during the day. These seem to be just some of the problems of pushing the topless sunbathers to the end of the pier. This is not a conversation about should it be allowed or hidden because it is allowed and it is on display as much as the ocean is on display at CTI.

In regards to the topless snorkeling that thread had to be in-jest and was probably meant to try to make a point, on how ridiculous this is. No one can topless snorkel, you wear a lifejacket on the boat and even in the water what would be the point.

If topless sunbathing was brought back to the beach this would stop the ostracizing of certain guests, open the pier to all, keep couples together and not separated while sunbathing. By bring it back to the main beach only It would not add to the topless women being seen by others the pier is easily viewable by all on the beach, pier, wedding parties on the beach and grass overlook, entire walkway and main building patio, veggy bar, main bar, swim-up bar pool, and almost every ocean view room. If anything it would allow those guests that are offended by this to avoid seeing a topless woman. Most people want to look out to the ocean when they are in Jamaica. The Pier is part of that view at CTI.

No-one wants CTI or Couples to become Hedonism or a spring break. We are all there to be with are spouses.
    Well said Fawnridge.

My wife and I share all of your opinions. Personally we would really wish topless was permitted at at least one of the pools preferably the one with the swim up bar. With that option you are a little removed from the main building and restaurants yet have all the conveniences of a bar, lounges and proximity to one end of the beach. Wish CTI would get enlightened.

Dennis & Louise

We have never been to Hedonism nor do we have an interest to go there, otherwise we would, as I stated in another post this was a norm for my wife thru out her life as it has been a part of my childrens life, they have been on numerous trips with us where topless has been very prevelant, they have grown with their mom being that way and are very comfortable with it, it doesn't have to do with sex or letting everything hang out, it is something very many partake in and/or are accustomed to. I for one have a fantastic romantic time with my wife, we are not swingers nor ever looked to be swingers, does my wife dress sexy while clothed yes she does(the staff at CN all want her to leave her dresses and shoes behind for them LOL), do we live in an area where her STYLE is prevelant, yes we do, so believe me she is not going to purchase a new wardrobe just for vacation including a swimsuit top. Topless usually only upsets the most when a person is attractive not older or out of shape, otherwise you hear, wow why is that women walking aorund like that, she doesn't belong topless, when you look good than you here look at her prancing around thinking she is all that, well you know what that type of thought doesn't get said or placed on the AN people (they have the right idea) so why should it be placed on topless women.
    Point is most who complain are those insecure with them selves and they do not complain until they see a nice looking women doing it. AN comes in all shapes and sizes so does topless, so until topless is accepted at CTI on the beach we will steer clear, and any way who is to judge if you want to snorkel topless do so, do the CAT cruise topless do so,walk the beach topless (other than CTI) do so.

Life is to short so lets all move over a little and share some space with others who may be different, if it does not harm me or put me in danger I will move over and share some space with anyone!!!

Default Topless???

Quote Originally Posted by columbo View Post
    We have never been to Hedonism nor do we have an interest to go there, otherwise we would, as I stated in another post this was a norm for my wife thru out her life as it has been a part of my childrens life, they have been on numerous trips with us where topless has been very prevelant, they have grown with their mom being that way and are very comfortable with it, it doesn't have to do with sex or letting everything hang out, it is something very many partake in and/or are accustomed to. I for one have a fantastic romantic time with my wife, we are not swingers nor ever looked to be swingers, does my wife dress sexy while clothed yes she does(the staff at CN all want her to leave her dresses and shoes behind for them LOL), do we live in an area where her STYLE is prevelant, yes we do, so believe me she is not going to purchase a new wardrobe just for vacation including a swimsuit top. Topless usually only upsets the most when a person is attractive not older or out of shape, otherwise you hear, wow why is that women walking aorund like that, she doesn't belong topless, when you look good than you here look at her prancing around thinking she is all that, well you know what that type of thought doesn't get said or placed on the AN people (they have the right idea) so why should it be placed on topless women.
    Point is most who complain are those insecure with them selves and they do not complain until they see a nice looking women doing it. AN comes in all shapes and sizes so does topless, so until topless is accepted at CTI on the beach we will steer clear, and any way who is to judge if you want to snorkel topless do so, do the CAT cruise topless do so,walk the beach topless (other than CTI) do so.

Life is to short so lets all move over a little and share some space with others who may be different, if it does not harm me or put me in danger I will move over and share some space with anyone!!!
    Well said(hello Doc and Spike).
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Hi columbo,
    Well said! I enjoy AN at CSS on SSB, and I always found it odd that CTI has the Island, but segreated those who want to go topless. Lets embrace the "no problems mon" spirit, and just have wonderful vacations!

One Love,
    suzyQ

Another topless thread...must be a conspiracy...

Every time I see this thread in the main list of threads I think of Ronnie The Limo Driver.

Default Two questions

Quote Originally Posted by jimpat1 View Post
    Every time I see this thread in the main list of threads I think of Ronnie The Limo Driver.
    Hi!
    1st question ~ I don't sunbathe topless and have always wondered... Do women sunbathe topless to avoid tan lines? Or, is it something more? Just curious.
    2nd question ~ Who is "Ronnie the Limo Driver???"

Part of the Howard Stern show. He said Topless in an emphatic, NY kind of way one time and now they play that whenever the subject comes up on the show. Sophmoric but funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jimpat1 View Post
    Part of the Howard Stern show. He said Topless in an emphatic, NY kind of way one time and now they play that whenever the subject comes up on the show. Sophmoric but funny.
    "T-O-P-L-E-S-S, Topless."

I agree. Very funny. Love that show!

I have been following this topic, My opinion for what it's worth and i will probably get some stick for it is. Would i mind Topless on the main beach at CTI - not bothered either way, what has concerned me in my recent visits to CTI from 2007 to 2012 is what i surpose for want of a better word is the Spring Break theme that seems to be prevelant at the time i go and would topless make this worse, I did not enjoy my last 2 visits as much as previous ones because of and this is just my opinion some of the guests were in large groups and had no consideration for other guests. For 4 days last visit a woman in the swim-up bar was so loud i could hear every word she said all afternoon from my 3 floor room.
    CSS the second week was so much better and more like my first stays at CTI romanic harmonious and the guests better behaved, for this reason we will be going to CSS in future and just visiting old friend at CTI in trading places.
    Well i have got this of my chest and will await the stick

[QUOTE=Patty;189753] what has concerned me in my recent visits to CTI from 2007 to 2012 is what i surpose for want of a better word is the Spring Break theme that seems to be prevelant at the time i go and would topless make this worse, I did not enjoy my last 2 visits as much as previous ones because of and this is just my opinion some of the guests were in large groups and had no consideration for other guests.

I agree with this trend. if it does not get rectified, we will look for a different vacation spot. It seems that Couples is willing to P*** off there long time customers to cater to a few, who may, or may not have vacationed at Couples Resorts yet. If everything is so great at the other brands resorts, and so crappy at Couples, how did they get the following they have?

Trends show that both the number and percent of travelers who want to be nude on vacation has increased dramatically, but in Jamaica, the number of resorts where you can do so has declined (closure of Braco, Hedo III for example). Plus, Couples represents a "safe" place to try it out, since you don't have to be nude, except in certain areas. And a lot of people, specifically Americans, are just totally fascinated in both topless and nude, because we've mostly been raised in an environment where it is not acceptable, it's dirty, only perverts would do that, etc.

So there is a demand. But Couples knows there is a balancing act. A lot of the repeating guests use the a/n facilities. To their credit, Couples has tried to be clear about the rules and to enforce the rules, whether about being nude or being topless or being falling-down drunk. From experience, this is not true at some non-Couples resorts.

In our trips to CN, we've certainly had occasion where we've been offended by other guests in some way. But we try to keep it in perspective. All adults, free-flowing booze, and naked - it's actually amazing there aren't more issues. Most first timers to an all-inclusive adult resort have literally never experienced anything like it - and sometimes, self control becomes difficult. So we try to live-and-let-live, and remember that sometimes we are the ones who are offending others (and we might not even know it).

Though we've only been to CTI once (CN is favorite) I do understand and empathize with Patty on how frustrating it can be when you get a "party group" who is liquored up and loud. One of the reasons we like CN (over CTI) is the huge beach and the ability to just walk away for awhile. Groups are an especially tricky problem for the resort - they can't turn away a wedding group of 20 people, but the wrong group of 20 can really make the place unpleasant for the other 300. There was a group this year at CN in the spring and even their attitude on the message board two months ahead was obnoxious - "we're taking over", "we're gonna own Couples", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vybz View Post
    ... There was a group this year at CN in the spring and even their attitude on the message board two months ahead was obnoxious - "we're taking over", "we're gonna own Couples", etc.
    Sorry to hear that happened during your trip. We've unfortunately experienced this a few times. We actually scan the meet-up threads and will pick a different week if we see a "grouples" mentality forming that week. Alas, sometimes that does not work.

Usually we, like you it seems, just move on to somewhere else on property. Still, when you've set up your nice spot in the shade and are enjoying the nice quiet sounds of the sea and a loud group plants near "your spot", it can be a bit irritating to move to a more secluded spot.

I think the thread is going in a different direction than the original title and posting, hopefully as some have stated inanother thread maybe BGN will be an adult resort and these type of groups will be sent there by Couples.